1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How Do I Create PS2 ISOs?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ronald059, Aug 7, 2010.

1. kenny6457

kenny6457 Well-Known Member

they look the same

2. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

slim [​IMG]
    superslim [​IMG]

Look at the size of the controller compared to the consoles.

...so, which do you got?

And yes, I do need to know.

3. kenny6457

super slim the black one

4. personuser

okay good. That's what I have too.

Your options are as follows:

Swap Magic 3.6 (3.8 if you wand dvd9 like god of war but lower compatibility): Best non-modchip compatibility, some games (Sonic Heroes, Devil May Cry) are 4.37 GB and need to be shrunk to run (well you can boot dmc if you press X before the blood and violence part). 3.6 Supports nearly EVERY CD and DVD5 game (that's a standard 4.7gb dvd), While 3.8 has built in action replay, supports slightly less but supports dual-layer DVD9 games like god of war and Yakuza 2. DVD9 is NOT a standard DVD, it is dual-layer which means 2x the storage. ALSO note that games can and have been ripped to DVD5, so you can run god of war with 3.6, sans bonus videos. If the discs get messed up you have to buy new ones. For your model you also need to either get magic switch pro v4 and use tool a in a hole right above the power/reset button to make the ps2 think the lid is always closed or take a risk and stuff the same hole full of tissue and tape it down.

HDLoader/USBeXtreme: You can't get HDloader for your model; there id no hdd port. USBeXtreme allows loading roms from a compatible USB stick/harddrive and apps/emualtors. Not all drives work and compatibility is low. If the disc gets messed up you have to buy a new one.

FreeMCboot will work if your datecode is 8b, 8a, or anything earlier. It MAY work if your datecode is 8c. Here's where you find your code:
    [​IMG]

with FreeMCboot you can boot emulators, apps and ps2 games loaded through ESR and open ps2 loader. Compatibility is ok, check for ESR compatibility lists. After you use USBeXtreme or swap magic (there are other methods too) to boot an install freemcboot, it's on your memory card and you only have to use your swap discs/usbeXdisc for games that have problems in OPL/ESR. Probably the best option if it works for ya.

Modchip: the only thing that will let you play both ps1 and PS2 games. You have to sauder them into your console and if you screw up you void your warranty. Best compatibility (usually, get a newer chip) but hardest install.

I recommend swap magic if you can't run freeMCboot, and Swap Magic + FreeMCboot if you can. If you're a hardware engineer get a newer modchip.

5. kenny6457

ive never modded anyhting before and if i did to anything my dad might kill me
    Post Merge: [time]1281657493[/time]
    oh and i dont have me card yet

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I never modded anything until my Wii. It's not that hard. :)

7. kenny6457

meh if my dad ever comes back to the site ill tell him to visit this thread

8. personuser

I believe Ace is referring to a softmod? If not, I suppose the Wii has less pieces to sauder than the ps2.

okay then.

You want SWAP MAGIC.

NO MOD NECESSARY.

I got my bundle of USA discs w/ magic switch v4 here:

http://www.techloops.com/ps2swmav32pl.html

get your swaps, then I'll try and help ya with any burning issues.

9. kenny6457

oh btw my dad is planning to soft modd wii for a buncha games what does he need besides a loader?

10. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

His Wii?...

Check out this thread. He may find it useful if you're talking about a Wii. - http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=35411

11. personuser

No, he wants to softmod a WISS. :D

Aanyways, your model of PS2 MAY be eligible for a softmod, (you'll probly need swaps to do it) but

again, what's the datecode on your ps2?

12. kenny6457

i think its 4D?the living room light wasnt on so i coudnt read it very well

13. personuser

If it is, then you CAN softmod your ps2.

Swap Magic Guide here:

http://freemcboot.psx-scene.com/swapmagic.php

14. kenny6457

uh..............*head blows up*

15. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

It's just a simple guide...if that already is hard then you have almost no business modding your Wii :p

16. kenny6457

im not modding my dad is

17. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

If my dad modded a game system, he might do well. I'd probably have to help him out a bit, but he'd do pretty well.

18. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

My dad would brick the system...
    My mom would break it...
    Only I would do it right :p

19. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

Just to confirm then, seen as this went off topic, I just insert ps2 game, make cd/dvdrom image file, enter the drive and mark iso?
    Its as easy as that?

There must be more to it, ive copied 3 games and all 3 wont start in pcsx2.
    San andreas stops the emulator when the 1st cutscene finishes, ww2 tank battles is the same, vice city gets to the loading bar then stops loading and makes a high pitched noise.