1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Honor Killing. What do you think about it?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by allkratos, Aug 16, 2010.

1. XD9999

XD9999 Well-Known Member

For some reason I am reminded of the stories when people are stoned to death for adultery and when women are burned alive for being convicted as witches....but this "honor killing" only applies to family, right?

2. allkratos

allkratos Well-Known Member

In some cases yes but there are small communities that still practice it.

3. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

In some ancient cultures, if a family member caused dishonour, the family could be ruined by this person's actions, unless they showed that they did not agree with what that person did. This could lead to problems for the whole family; lass of social status, being exiled from the settlement, etc. These repercussions could lead to hardships and maybe even death for current and future members of the family and so the head of the family would do almost anything to stop this from happening, including sacrificing one of their own members.

4. Irili

Irili Active Member

I can see the importance of honor killing in history where family names were so important. Nowadays, it seems a bit pointless. I don't value honor or pride too much though. It's nice to have but should be thrown away before killing someone over it. After all, if you aren't in the military or ridding the world of a physcopath or something worthwhile, then what's the point of killing someone?

5. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

well family names and family honor are everything in back then, but everything that matter in back then change to become less and less importance to today people.

family name and honor (especially nobles)
    personal honor (more like man's pride)
    marriage
    women's virginity
    tradition
    the need of having a boy so your bloodline doesnt die (atleast for the chinese people)

those thing in this day is no longer matter, but back then is everything. for example, in this day divorce is normal, but back then when a women get divorced, she is technically useless in the eye of society and she is most likely get disowned by her family as well because she dishonor her family.

that is the differ between now and back then, lucky we doesnt live that way anymore, but in some country, it still that way.

6. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

If they're at least 10 levels lower, they don't count...

7. mikebm4834

mikebm4834 Member

hey hey hey this is a gaming site i come here for a release from this crappy world so if we could lets use other sites for the downers

8. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

Life's a game. Ignore this section if you think it's a downer.

9. mikebm4834

mikebm4834 Member

i dont think it a downer just not the place to talk about it, i guess i could go on an honor killing forum and start talking about video games

10. allkratos

allkratos Well-Known Member

This is a debate section. There is a section dedicated solely for video games.