1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Honor Killing. What do you think about it?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by allkratos, Aug 16, 2010.

1. allkratos

allkratos Well-Known Member

I abhor honor killing. It is utterly uncivilized, unfair, illogical and zealous.
    Those who commit it are unimaginably lacking of any sentient mind.
    What's your take on this particular animal/ worse than animal practice of the self-proclaimed pious and culturally adherent men?

For those who do not know about this vicious practice dating back to barbaric era, here is something to enlighten you about it:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honor_killing

2. seriaku

seriaku Well-Known Member

You fail to realise how much a family name ment back in previous times.

3. allkratos

So, do you support honor killing? I meant today's practice of an ancient barbarism.

About "how much a family name meant back in previous times", of course I realize but there is no humane reason to kill a female family member just because she "tainted" the family's name.
    Those bastard.

Even if I didn't realized, should you kill just to "clean" your family's name? Killing or not, once tainted, it's going to be written in history book forever.

4. seriaku

seriaku Well-Known Member

Im not with it.
    Im just saying that family name ment life or death back in the old days.

But alot worse happened.

5. allkratos

That just showed how selfish human being are, regardless of the era. Family, community, etc.
    Often times in the past, when two different communities/families/cultures met, a conflict happened.
    "Oh, my family/race/faction/religion is the greatest" stuff is what causing a lot of innocent/ undeserved death to many.
    In some places, even until today.

6. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

I think we should do this today. Too many whores or dumbasses are running around our schools today. There are no real threats for them.

But in all seriousness, it's a bit insane to kill someone. Family is more about getting along with each other and not how much the other person is worth. Honor killing someone in today's society most likely would make your family look worse. It's why we have jails and prisons.

7. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

This also happens with other beings in the animal kingdom as well... kinda.

In bees when a colony's Queen can no longer produce eggs the entire colony stings her to death. You'd think this'll cause the colony's entropy (end) but thankfully a few of her last batch of eggs become fertile females & drones (males) & these would've started their own colonies as well.

So it's not entirely confined to us humans. But yeah, this practice is so barbaric & inhumane.

And even to this day & age it's still practiced? Effin' weak :p

8. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

Doesn't a queen bee become utterly useless when it becomes infertile?

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

yes, thats why she gets exterminated

honour killing is murder, plain and simple. There is nothing honourable about it.

10. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

This.

It still happens as we all know...some people haven't evolved.

11. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

It depends if you value honor or not. If you don't value honor that much, then you are against this. If you do value honor very much, then you are pro on this.

Has anybody watched the Last Samurai? It teaches honor.
    The Japanese people must be the most honorable people in the world. But now, few of these people survives and I think they outlawed seppuku or hara kiri in Japan... too bad.

In my view, nobody is entitled to pass judgement of death because of honor except yourself. Why kill somebody because he shamed his family, or act something against the norm of society? Let him bear that shame and if its unbearable, then let him kill himself or if he want to die but he can't, ask somebody to help him.

In the end, it is always ends up to oneself what honor is, how he deals with it and how he lives/dies for it. Nobody should decide it for himself.

12. usernameladiesman217

usernameladiesman217 Well-Known Member

Killing of any kind in general is frowned upon. Honor killing is no exception.
    We live in a much more civilized time than "barbarians". Violence back then pretty much ment power. Today it gets you a front row seat on Oprah.

13. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

seppuku is not honour killing. Honour killing is to kill someone else because they have dishonoured you. There is no desire to die on the part of the victim, it is a premediated killing, i.e murder.

14. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Oh really? Then I guess you undergo photosynthesis for your nutritional needs then?

There are different reasons why living things kill you know. The most common & "appropriate" reason is for survival, both in self-defense & sustenance.

We are not the only "animals" in this planet who kill for pleasure. Others of our own family of primates do kill for sport or pleasure as well.

Also for some reason, female Mantises eat the heads of the male after mating, now talk about literally giving head ouch!

15. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

16. usernameladiesman217

usernameladiesman217 Well-Known Member

Heh you totally got me there man. I meant killing of another person, this ofcourse excludes wars and law enforcement killing.

17. allkratos

Simply that. Try harder.

18. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

The people who are against honor killing are the people who already have disgraced their family in the first place and fleeing their families in an attempt to hide from their honor kill. Also people who do not do honor killings, or just disown, are pussies, and should be honor killed. Honestly, if one of my children were to disgrace my husband and I's name, be it by being; slutty; too sexy; cheating; violence; cussing; not trusting us; opposing our judgment or their superior's judgment; etc. I'll gladly lob their head off and place it on our white picket fence out in our front yard and place it beside the pig's head, which is already gathering an ecosystem of flies.

People say that calling people names means a lot more then just names as they carry weight and meaning, but what about family names? Aren't those the same? By disgracing the name, you are belittling it, so the problem must be eradicated to prevent further poisoning.

You people disgust me.

19. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

Look, with you and Pat as parents those kids don't stand a chance of not being sexy. Just saying.

20. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I'm flattered, but I meant sexy as wearing revealing clothing that reveals their sexual features. As being sexy is totally a given, hell, even at their age now, the pedos are checking them out, while fully clothed.

They can be as floozy as they want with their wife/husband (depending on sex). As long as it doesn't involve same sex, other people, anal penetration, or any other position besides missionary. How will I know if they do something otherwise? Big brother is watching.