1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Hi, new bloke here who will need help, cheers

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by angusangus, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. angusangus

angusangus Well-Known Member

Thanks they have been a couple of Dora The Explorer kiddies games so maybe simple and small in size?

2. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Mike,get all the games you want and keep them in a folder on your pc for when you get your stuff.When your up and running,you can make a backup of your microsd card in case someone accidentally deletes any files of the card.I actually keep a spare Acekard and microsd with the firmware/games on it in case anything happens.....

3. angusangus

Cheers will do Until I receive my cards Ill refrain from asking any more basic questions LOL

Edit: one more basic question if I may please. Will the downloads marked (U) USA work with my UK PAL DSi on an acekard?

Thanks

4. theunderling

Should do.I go after the Roms with USA as if you choose Europe,you could get any of about 12 languages-in otherwords no English option.

5. angusangus

Received my DSis today, beautiful looking things, one blue, one red. Got a couple of pukka games to play until my acekards arrive!!

My daughter has a load of games on her DS R4 card. Can they be dragged onto my PC then put on our aceKard?

Thanks

6. theunderling

Yep,they will be .NDS files.

7. angusangus

Nice one, thanks LITM, I'll get dragging and dropping then!!

Edit: Just copied them and as you say, they are NDS files but there is also a SAV file next to every game.
    Is that self generated for a saved game?

Thanks

8. luvelias

luvelias Well-Known Member

Yup every save file will be like that

9. angusangus

Thanks Panda, so when I get my acekard, should I just copy the NDS files across so that I start afresh and don't get my daughters saved scores etc?

10. luvelias

You can do that if you want [= If you don't want her save stuff just leave out those .sav files when you're transferring them into your acekard games folder.

11. angusangus

Cheers, just waiting on the cards and microsd now!!

12. angusangus

received the MicroSDHC cards and an email from dealextreme confirming that my acekards have been shipped :)

13. luvelias

[= yay. Mine were just shipped from DX too!

14. angusangus

Race on then shypanda - let's hope we get them soon - I get the feeling my 3yo boys are already fed up of playing Peppa Pig every day LOL

15. angusangus

Back as promised guys to say, just today received 2 x acekards from dealextreme - just need to know what to do with them now!!!!!

16. luvelias

Dang mine haven't arrived yet but then again I ordered a few other items with it so... that might be why.

You should download the latest unofficial firmware for it-- Akaio 1.6 is out. There's a thread somewhere here for it.
    and set up the root of your sd card with all the necessary files it needs to run-- you can just google how to set up acekard 2i and the top few links should be able to help you. Faster than me typing it up for you lol.

17. theunderling

Did you not read the 2 x guides I said at the start of this thread.Also a new release of AKAIO is available,so read them guides then if your stuck-start a help topic in the Technical Help section......

18. Vybe

Vybe Member

new here too angusangus. Man what we do for our kids

19. angusangus

yes I probably did but that was some time ago but it's relatively pointless until I had the cards in my crab claws. I'm at work now so unable to do anything until this evening

hopefully the guide is for dummies as Ill need step by step instructions!

Cheers til later
    Post Merge: [time]1268310469[/time]
    exactly Vybe exactly. Got to get these cards sorted out as the music to Peppa Pig x2 is getting on my nerves LOL

20. crimson089

crimson089 Well-Known Member

hmm i wonder who was that friend that sent you here... anyway angusangus welcome to RomU!! have fun staying here ^___^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.