1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help with download games to PSP 1000

Discussion in 'Non-Emulation Help' started by maggiemaymay, Dec 26, 2009.

1. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

No. I'm not sure what type of files they are, but nothing I do will recognize them.

2. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Have you installed the latest Gen firmware yet....

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

At this stage the games she's playing would work on the old 3.90m33.

Once we figure out what's the deal, then we talk about upgrading :)

4. maggiemaymay

maggiemaymay Well-Known Member

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to help me. I really do appreciate it.

Husband found an 8GB memory stick and was able to load some games. The God of War and Harvey Birdman came in multiple files and was able to WinRar to get one CSO file. These were from the PSP section of pspisoz. These games works.

The following games are from PSX section of pspisoz.
    Riven came in multiple files so tried HJsplit to join them, put in PSP but can't see it. Then tried compress with WinRAR, then unzip but copied back to itself, did not create a CSO file. Someone doesn't want me to play Myst and Riven, lol.

I downloaded Alone in the Dark One Eyed Jack's Revenge and it's an IMG file. Do I rename it or do I have to convert it to a CSO file?

Also downloaded Alone in the Dark A New Nightmare, came in 2 parts, did not create a CSO file, but 2 MDF and 2 MDS files.

Does that mean I can't play PSX files until I upgrade PSP?

5. TirithRR

No, PSX files have to be converted to an "Eboot" in order to play them on your PSP.
    I recommend PSX2PSP 1.4.2
    http://dl.qj.net/psp/tools-utilities-on-pc/psx2psp-v142.html

It requires a special file to run, similar to the BIOS of an emulator. It's called "Base.pbp" and you'll need to google that or search these forums (someone posted it a few times around here).

6. maggiemaymay

Was able to convert a whole bunch of PSX games and put on PSP. It's so easy once I figured it out, lol. The psx2psp program does not recognize MDF files. What do I do?

I tried Myst and Riven from the PSX section, took forever because it's so big, and still doesn't work. Corrupted data.

7. TirithRR

You can use Daemon Tools and IMGBurn to make the MDF into BIN or ISO.

Use Daemon Tools Lite to mount the MDF file to a virtual drive.
    Use IMGBurn to create an ISO from the virtual drive.

8. maggiemaymay

I got some original games but won't play in my hacked unit. Can I still play original games?

9. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

You mean ps1 games or psp games?

PS1 games-Using img burn or alchol, convert those to iso and then convert them again.

Psp-unless the disc drive is busted or the firmware isn't working then it should work, if not later we'll help you update it to the latest in custom firmware, but for now...don't need to :)

10. maggiemaymay

We borrowed one game from a friend and put in my unit. Error message is The disk could not be read. Today husband picked up an unhacked 1000 that comes with 2 games. Games play on unhacked 1000, but not on my hacked one. Same error message.
    Husband read somewhere that once it's hacked, cannot play original games again. Is that true?

Husband is going to attempt to try hacking the 1000.

A little brag, lol, paid $140CDN for an hacked 1000, comes with extra battery, 2 4GB memory sticks, 2 games, and headphones with the remote. These are useless games so going to do a trade in at Future Shop and get back $15 in gift card.

11. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

What was the game?

The firmware on your psp is very, VERY old, and many newer games like gran turismo psp, won't work.

Bumping it up to "5.50GEN-D3" would be advised.

...Or as I suspected, the UMD drive is broken, and thus it can only read what's on the memory stick (a reason why people hack their systems...it loads games quicker and they won't need to repair broken UMD drives XD)

And it can play original games-I'm play the real copy of gran turismo psp, as well as a few other recent releases :)

That may have been old news or something..

12. maggiemaymay

Final Fantasy II
    Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core
    Gretzky NHL
    SOCOM U.S. Navy Seals Fireteam Bravo 2
    wipeout pure

None of these games work on my hacked unit but works on the 1000 unhacked unit, firmware is 6.20

13. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

As hYpNoS says, update your CFW to 5.50 GEN-D3: http://pspslimhacks.com/custom-firmware-5-50-gen-d3-final-released/

It should work afterwards.

14. maggiemaymay

Husband was able to hack the second 1000 and firmware is 3.71M33-2 and is able to play the UMDs. Still can't run certain downloaded PSP games, so still trying. Husband made his own Pandora battery with one of the extra batteries that we have. Husband emailed the girl and told her the drive is broken and said that it's going to cost $30 to fix it. She said that she would give a partial refund but will meet at her convenience, whatever that means. She didn't argue, which means she probably knew the drive was broken.

I was able to run Myst and Riven from the PSX section. Riven comes in 5 CDs and each CD has to be in it's own directory. Originally, I merged 5 CDs into one EBOOT.PBP file, that's why it didn't work. To play Riven Disk 2, it tells me that I don't have a save file, I guess that means that I have to finish Disk 1 before I could continue with Disk 2 and so on, right?

Still trying to get Alone in the Dark A New Nightmare to work.

Thanks for all your help guys, I will still ask questions if I get stuck. I wouldn't have been able to do this without your help. Very much appreciated.

When husband upgrades the second 1000 to 5.50 GEN-D3, going to try Assassins Creed to see if it works. Work in progress....

I don't want him touching the first unit until the second unit is working properly.

15. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Okay... upgrading to 5.50 GEN-D3. You need to update to 5.50GEN-D first, then D2, then D3.

16. maggiemaymay

Husband says he has to rehack again. Something about software not compatible. When you hack, you cannot use the lastest software and do it once? You have to go in stages, update one at a time until you reach 5.50 GEN-D3?

17. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Yes. Actually, you should update to 5.00M33v6, then to Gen,d2, and d3.

18. kme92

kme92 Well-Known Member

Question, are you able to downgrade without a pandora battery?
    (version 5.03)

19. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Yes, using a soft hack, preety much all psp's can be hacked in some form if the firmware is on 5.03

My sig has a link to a tutorialfor older psp's to be permanently hacked.

If you can't see sigs, ethier enable them or just go to my profile.

20. maggiemaymay

Just want to let everyone know that the second PSP has been upgraded to 5.50 GEN-D3. The UMDs works and so does Assassin's Creed and Tomb Raider Chronicles, which doesn't work in the first PSP.

Parasite Eve 2 and Psychic Detective do not work so trying different things.