1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help Me To Find The Game

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by Hamzeol_Murf, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Hamzeol_Murf

Hamzeol_Murf Member

Well I Was 3 Years Old When I Played This FPS Game. It Started In A Train, Where There Men Standing Saying Something, If You Kill Them Their Heart Will Pop Out And You Can Collect It. When You Reached The Engine Lights Went Off And Screen Turned Black. The Second Stage Started And We Are Standing Somewhere, If We Looked Back The Train Had Crashed Up. That's All I Remember.

2. NintyRaccoon

NintyRaccoon Passive member since March 13, 2017

If you can give us more info, like the year you played the game and on which system (PC, Mac, console) you played it on, then maybe we can better help you.

3. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

4. NintyRaccoon

@Dark Infernape I have no idea how you immediately knew that The Darkness would be the best candidate. Because after watching a Let's Play-video, I'm sure that The Darkness is the game @Hamzeol_Murf is looking for. :)

The game starts with a car chase where the protagonist is sitting in the backseat of a convertible driving in a highway tunnel. His allies, two made men, are trying to escape the police. When one of them is killed by a passing car, the protagonist has to replace him and participate in the violent fire fight. Alas, the driver crashes the car somewhere in the tunnel and the protagonist becomes unconscious. When he wakes up beside the crashed car, he finds the driver fatally injured. The driver gives him two pistols and tells him to continue by himself in the tunnel. The protagonist then can choose whether or not he wants to shoot the driver out of mercy or not.

So based on this experience, my guess is that "the train" was the convertible driving in the tunnel and "the men saying something" were the allies who were talking angrily with each other (and occasionally teased the protagonist). The "second stage" must be when the protagonist woke up after the crash.

But it could be also another game with a similar experience.

5. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

3 yrs old playing that game?! No way ... o_O

Dark Infernape likes this.
  6. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

I've never played the Darkness games before nor did i remember those even existed.
    I simply googled This "If You Kill Them Their Heart Will Pop Out And You Can Collect It"
    The second result on the page was "The Darkness Walkthrough - GameSpot"
    So I went to the darkness wiki pages and did a Ctrl+F search for the keyword "Train". Didn't find it in Darkness I, went to Darkness II and found the opening sequence had some train in it. Bingo!

7. NintyRaccoon

I was surprised as well when I read the thread the first time.

The search result on my end wasn't as clear as yours. Instead, "The Darkness Walkthrough - GameSpot" was the seventh result on the page among other unrelated pages. The first result was "Delicious - Emily's Christmas Carol Official Walkthrough - Game House" followed by "Yoshi's Story FAQ [...] by marshmallow".

I have otherwise read about the game once and only know that it's a game based on a comic book. Apparently there was a crossover between The Darkness and Batman at one point.

8. Prectorian

Anyway 'The Darkness I' was released in 2007, while 'The Darkness II' was in 2012. At least that's according to Wikipedia. If OP did play the 2nd in the series as mentioned by DI, that would put the OP's age at present 7-8 yrs old? It's an M as in Mature rating game?! Amazing. I'm too frighten to play RE games even now. WOW!!! :eek:

9. NintyRaccoon

That would be true about his age.

"Too frightened to play RE games?" Aren't games with the Mature rating suitable for 17 years and older? And you're older than 17 right? ;)

10. Prectorian

I am. But that doesn't mean adults can't be frighten. Well, to be precise, I freaked out whenever the 'boss' zombies chases or when zombies shows up with little time for me to react. I never last further than the 1st boss in all the series I've tried. The brain got a funny way of inducing fear & panic despite being well-aware it's only a game. The same kind of reaction you'd likely feel looking down from above despite knowing you're actually less than 2m from the ground.

11. NintyRaccoon

Oh... I thought you were joking all along.

Then you're much braver than me. While you've met the first bosses of the games, I have never touched a single Resi-game belonging to the main timeline besides the non-canon mobile games and the ports. My first Resi-game I completed was Resident Evil Gaiden for the GBC, and I thought it was a decent side-story which could work as a prequel to RE4.

12. Hamzeol_Murf

Hamzeol_Murf Member

Hell It's Not The Darkness. I Played On PC. In 2006 I Played But I Think It's Quite More Old. I Watched My Cousins Playing But None Of Them Remembered. Then I Too Started Playing This I Was Just 3 Years Old. Well One Thing More I Remember, After 1 Or 2 Stages/Level There Was A WINDOW WASHING MACHINE In Which A Kid Was Stuck From It's Head Side And Both Hands Were Out, Each Time The Machine Swung, Blood Ripped Out Of The Machine. There'll Be Too Much Fear If I Will Start Playing It Now. Thanks.

13. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

gaming offspring of SAW series ?

14. Hamzeol_Murf

Hamzeol_Murf Member

No Mann, It's An FPS Game, Thanks

15. NintyRaccoon

How graphically advanced was the game? 2D sprites or 3D graphics?

If it's 3D, do you remember how the models looked like - Half-Life 2-esque? Because I think we also need to think about modded games.

16. Hamzeol_Murf

Hamzeol_Murf Member

It Was Made In Early 2000's Or Late 90's, It Was Like UT1990.

17. NintyRaccoon

My friend, thanks to your patience and thorough descriptions I think I've finally found your game. It's Blood 2: The Chosen, right? This gameplay video of the first level takes place on a train, and hearts pop out when the protagonist kills his enemies.

I'm convinced that it's Blood 2 since the game was released in 1998, a time when more and more FPS-games began using 3D-graphics. While the first game used the Build-engine which ran Duke Nukem 3D, Blood 2 has 3D-graphics.

It's quite interesting that game was made by the same developer which later created the F.E.A.R. franchise.

I also have the link for the demo-version of Blood 2 if you want to (re-)try the game: http://www.fileplanet.com/47149/40000/fileinfo/Blood-2:-The-Chosen-Demo

Dark Infernape likes this.
  18. Hamzeol_Murf

Hamzeol_Murf Member

Yeah But I'm Not Sure That Blood 2 Was The Game

19. Hamzeol_Murf

Hamzeol_Murf Member

Well One More Game I'm Looking For, "Alchemist" Or "Archemist" Was Written In It's Icon. It Was Like Ages Of Empire. I Went Through Google But Couldn't Find It. I'm Not Sure If It's MS-DOS Game Or Not, Thanks.

20. NintyRaccoon

Then I'm afraid I don't know anymore. :( The only "famous" FPS games with 3D polygon models I know from the 90s are the Quake-series, Half-Life and its mods (including Counter-Strike), Blood 2, Turok and of course GoldenEye 007 for the N64. And Blood 2 is the only one of them which is (extremely) violent and gory, close to the descriptions you've given us.

I guess you've already tried the demo and watched the whole let's play video in order to know that Blood 2: The Chosen isn't the game you're looking for?

You got the correct name. It's "Alchemist", released by Warp Power Interactive Entertainment. But that game is so rare that few people (in the Western world) remember it. As far as I know, it doesn't have its own Wikipedia-page (yet).

You might have better luck in the Asian (Chinese) part of the Internet. I found this let's play video (spoken in Standard Chinese) by using its Chinese title: 幻界霸者.