1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help me.......please? (go on help a 13 year old)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by kyrodon, Feb 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mozzzzii

Mozzzzii Well-Known Member

I bought 3 of these cards with 3 different make SD cards and i had the same problem ...
    every now and then they would get stuck on the loading screen...

I have now bought 3 Acekard2i's using the same SD Cards and have had no problems at all

Sorry to say but....... I think The R4 Upgrade Revolution is just prone to do this...

2. kyrodon

kyrodon Guest

I've been trying to do this all day but it confuses me xD
    i kinda worked that out ;)

3. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

No sign of ''I have formatted my card'' in here ::)

4. kyrodon

kyrodon Guest

well, i thought you would understand the "well that sucked"

5. yoshi2889

No. What is ''that''? Testing? The Game? Visiting a website? It can be all sort of things.

6. slingshot182

slingshot182 Well-Known Member

Yep, all R4's are.

Ak2i's are cheap (11.00) and the BEST on the market. They are absolutely AWESOME this section would be a LOT smaller if everyone had one.

So yeah, back on topic, it also may just be the fact that all new R4 cards are fake, and so is yours, so the quality is low. Try to find a real cart(R4 Original, AK2i, Ez-Flash IV) and you should have less problems.

7. kyrodon

kyrodon Guest

i know, thanks.

8. yoshi2889

I hate the Acekard (Bad expirience).

9. slingshot182

Any way, putting YSmenu on your R4 is easy.

Go to this tutorial:https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=27617.0

Download the first link(or second), extract the files and put all the extracted files on your MircoSD.(After formatting)

Then, boot up your R4, run YSMenu.NDS and then it should temporarily convert the firmware to YSMenu.

Must have bought a fake one.

10. kyrodon

kyrodon Guest

Thankyou for the suggestion, but that doesn't work with my r4I-sdhc

11. yoshi2889

Never bought one, my friend gave me one for a test, I didn't like it, and the card also freezed after 2 minutes playing (always).

12. slingshot182

Wow, you really are in a sticky situation, I'm almost out of ideas, but I can try one more thing, just a second......

13. yoshi2889

R4i SDHC upgrade (www.r4i-sdhc.com) is not capable of running YSMenu. I tested it (I got one) and it freezed like hell.

14. kyrodon

kyrodon Guest

it can, it just takes a lot of work

15. yoshi2889

It doesn't on mine. I use the oldest card, without anything extra. (No 1.4 support, no games engine).

16. kyrodon

kyrodon Guest

did you do the "lotta work"

17. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

5min loading time is way to slow, more like seconds it should take, more of the problem is using an SDHC microsd chip, some chips read faster then overs, if its over 2gb then do a format in fat32 if its on format list

http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/downloade.asp

If it don't have v1.4 on the packet then use the right side kernal, The left side is for R4i v1.4 and R4 upgrade

I yes they forgot to say back your files into a folder of your microsd card , befor formatting

18. kyrodon

kyrodon Guest

Thanks jhon, but sadly no luck.

19. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Ok ,

Is your microSD chip a SDHC type, as it would have to be , are mabe over 2gb, under 2gb might cause problems

If it not a SDHC microsd chip it might not be good for your SDHC card

20. kyrodon

kyrodon Guest

i have an sdhc 4gb

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.