1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help loading shining force 3 in SSF

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by trickofthehand, Oct 19, 2009.

1. I downloaded the BIOS you recommended. Unfortunately it won't recognize my chapter 3 savegame so I'm going to play from the beginning. The TEST version of SSF has MUCH better performance for me than the BETA version as far as the choppiness during fights and in outside areas so I'm very keen to continue using the TEST emulator over the BETA one.

Just in case I've got a crappy ISO of SF3 would you mind uploading your Scenario 1 as well?

Also the only other problem aside from the Chapter 3 crash i'm having is how dark the TEST emulator is running, here's a screenshot
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It has heavy scanlines it looks like. Again I suspect the fix is very simply but I'm very much a newbie to saturn emulators and the TEST version of SSF doesn't have any recognizable text, here's an example of what I'm talking about:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

yes the graphics look poor, I don't know why this is

it runs pretty good on mine, I will upload scenario 1 for you

will take approx 35 - 40 mins uploading, you want it tonight?

The last 2 pics, that is exactly what you see on your screen? If it is, then i'm not sure what you got there

I definately haven't got them screens

here is scenario 1 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T618X3AP

3. lol this figures. Where exactly did you get your emulator from? I think that's the bulk of my worries. I think if i can just get the exact same emulator you've got I can probably bypass all of the problems i've been having and wouldn't need your scenario 1 as well. Thanks again for all the support, maybe just upload a zip of your emulator or if you like you can mail w/e you need to directly to me at [email protected]

Post Merge: [time]1256079109[/time]
    thanks for the scenario 1, I suspect that the bulk of my problems are coming from the emulator I've got. Yeah those screens are exactly what all of the emulator menus and commands look like. I only got it to work because I remembered what the BETA emulator had under most of it's options.

4. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

ok i'll sort something out, I got to remember where I got mine from

message you soon

5. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

.....................This game suddenly playable... OoO..

6. No pressure funguy, but judging from the amount of views this thread's gotten and from meganova's response, everyone's waiting for you to save the day :)

7. meganova

trick,
    what version did you use?
    I'm using the SSF ver0.10 beta type2, and it's working smoothly. ;D
    Setting it to Highest Compatibility.

8. SSF_010_beta_R1

No CD error messages for you?

9. meganova

No,
    For now. ;D

10. /fingers crossed

11. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

when you save your game do you use the in game save, (i.e the preist) or the save state?

I went over your previous post, as I thought I missed something you mentioned

anyway let me know how you get on with your next save

12. meganova

No savestate in this emulator, isn't it?

13. I use both, just to be safe.

14. meganova

Press what?
    F5?

15. File, State Save then choose a spot 0-9 with keyboard. Dunno the keyboard shortcut.

16. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

top left of the emulator, under File, you can save state

just enter a number between 0-9, then when you resume your game, load with the number you saved under

in game saves usually don't save correctly

17. Well so far so good, haven't tried scenario 2 yet though...

18. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

good..glad to hear it

I have scenario 3 now, so i'll pm you

what emulator you end up using in the end?

19. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

ive got same problems, tried everything!
    can someone please put up a link to a working iso
    thanks

20. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

This link from the 1st page is still working http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T618X3AP