1. This forum is in read-only mode.

help i think ive seen all the good anime!

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by jasonT929, Jan 14, 2010.

1. AnimeboyX3

AnimeboyX3 Well-Known Member

Clannad
    Higurashi when they cry
    The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Hayate The Combat Butler
    Disgaea
    Midori Days
    Love Hina
    K-On
    Kanon
    Air
    Comic Party
    Bamboo Blade
    Hellsing

And there's more my mind's fluctuating right now.

2. khaos_dragon89

khaos_dragon89 Active Member

3. Dess

Dess Member

Well it seems you have somehow managed to avoid seeing all the good gundam series, so I would suggest you start there (Gundam 0079, War in the pocket, 08th Ms, stardust memory).
    Some other shows that you have been found lacking in. I know that most have already been suggested but the more they are repeated the more it sinks in that they are good shows.
    Robotech
    Innocent Venus
    Last Exil (steampunk airships and colonial style firing lines)
    Pumpkin Scissors
    Zoids (How in the world could you not have seen zoids???)
    Lucky Star
    Rozen Maiden (Highlander with dolls)
    Demonbane (I've been meaning to watch this but I hear it is delightfully lovecraftian)
    Excel Saga
    Speed Grapher (If you don't might the graphic depravity of man)
    G Gundam (DBZ+Gundam=G Gundam)
    To Aru Majutsu no Index(I've only read the manga but the anime can't be that bad)
    Mushishi (I absolutely loved this series, in fact it is one of the few I actually went out and bought)
    Hellsing Ultimate (Like hellsing only better)
    Midori Days
    Fate Stay/Night (better yet do the visual novel, it has 100% more mana transference)
    Cyborg 009
    Medabots
    Digimon (only the first three seasons, everything after that is absolute garbage)

4. CrashmanX

CrashmanX Well-Known Member

Well now sir I was going to commend you on an EXCELLENT post but you failed in a few places.
    Lets start with the first error, You mean Macross not Roboshit right? Cause Robotech is just a fucked up Hybrid of Macross and about 4 other series.
    Point 2, Digimon Frontier as I believe season 4 is called, was quite excellent. It was a great new Idea and look at what the Digital world could be, I personally dont care for Savers. I also highly disliked Tamers, season 3, as Takato seemed like such a bitch and Rika came off as just a dumb bitch.

5. shadowzero21

shadowzero21 Guest

Romeo x Juliet
    Rosario + Vampire

both of this are really cool animes

6. Dess

Dess Member

Ah it seems like I made a small mistake, I meant the first two digimon series. I thought they comprised around three seasons total. I agree combining nude children and digimon to form bigger digimon is a terrible idea. As for digimon frontier it wasn't all that bad and did a pretty good job of getting back to the roots of the series. My comment about the rest being garbage was more directed at the unholy abomination that is guilmon, and whatever the hell data squad is supposed to be.

You had best be watching what you say about robotech, sir. I'll do you a favor and pretend you didn't mean to use fighting words there. Now I'll admit that the second robotech series was...disappointing(space helicopters was a great idea). There is no way though that you can hate the invid invasion which isn't some other show they decided to rename robotech in the states. Also the shadow chronicles was a great movie, though they have been a little long in releasing a sequel for it. Think of robotech and macross the same way you think of the gundam series. No matter how facepalm worthy some of the series are (seed, wing), they belong under the same banner with the explanation of different dimensions.

Enough about that though, shouldn't we be more concerned that this child hasn't known the joy of zoids ? What kind of depraved life must one have lived to have never seen zoids. You can take or leave chaotic century, but to not have cheered the blitz team on their journey from zeros to heroes. To not have seen backdraft group and their kickass judge (whose theme is totally my ringtone). To not have not know the awesomeness incarnate which is the lightning saix, this is more then my poor heart can bear. While we might squabble about the merits of digimon and whether robotech is awesome, a child sits there thinking that gundam seed and bleach ranks among good anime. This is a wrong, nay a crime that we must right, as those who are vastly more experienced in the world of anime. It is our sacred duty as his elders to do this, now we must put aside our differences (or start a new thread in which good debate will be had) and correct this young man's wayward life.

7. miracle101

miracle101 Well-Known Member

Your point it still started back up.

8. CrashmanX

>_> I like Guilmon and the other digimon that came from the third season, just didnt like the show.

Robotech = Crap compared to Macross, 90% of Robotech is re-hashed/re-crapped awesome Macross and a few other series. Seriously, you should download and watch Macross right fucking now. Macross is all the goodness that Robotech could have been.

9. Dess

Dess Member

But I have seen macross and several of it's sequels. The first robotech series is just dubbed macross. The second robotech series is some horrible mish mash of not robotech, but what can you expect of 80's American companies. The third one and everything after that is pure robotech, meaning it was drawn for the purpose of being robotech and wasn't originally something else. Really it isn't bad as an entity separate from macross.

10. Do you love moe ?

If you love moe, i suggest you watch :

Lucky Star
    Seitokai No Ichizon
    Zero no Tsukaima
    Clannad
    Kanon
    K-ON! and K-ON!!
    Working
    Angel Beats
    To Aru Majutsu no Index

Don't blame me if you die because of the Cute Girls XD

11. khairaj08

khairaj08 Well-Known Member

You watch waaaay to much anime.

12. CrashmanX

And if you think so then your in the wrong forum. And that wasn't actually from watching a lot of anime. That was just from Saturday morning cartoons and From watching just Robotech and Macross.

13. hahahahaha

hahahahaha Well-Known Member

Fairy Tail. Anime is awesome and manga storyline is freakin awesome.

14. frebels

frebels Well-Known Member

3 words kateikyo hitman reborn.

15. alexong96

alexong96 Well-Known Member

Likewise.

I lost interest to Bleach due to it taking a long time to continue the main arc.

FMAB is very different compared to the 2003 amine, BTW.