1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Hello everybody i am new here

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by XMegaZiadX, Feb 20, 2014.

1. XMegaZiadX

XMegaZiadX New Member

Hello to all :p
    My name is Omar i am from Egypt Alexandria and the name Ziad in my username is my brother.My grammar is bad a little so please bear with me.I was browsing around google and i found this site and i just wanted to say that it is so amazing and great.
    Also i was thinking of asking a question here if that is possible..

I am about to buy a NDS (with memory) it costs 1100 Pound

What i want to know is.. SHALL i buy it? Is it good? What are the full features? What should i download for it so i can play roms and send my desmume save files to it? How to use cheats in it? Will i be able to play Pokemon X and Y on the NDS? And all this questions.

My hobbies are : Swimming :3 Flying :3 Jogging :3
    And my favorite NDS games are : Pokemon Games (all kinds) , Digimon games (all kinds) Super mario,Etc

Well that is all.. Goodbye..

(EDIT): Also i am using desmume (for wifi purposes) so can someone please explain to me what is union room and what is GTS trade?
    (EDIT): Can we also have each other friend code? xD

2. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Welcome to RomUlation.
    Hope you have a good time and enjoy our community.

Right, Egyptian pound?
    You can probably buy it cheaper online. Try eBay (or any other bidding/selling service in your country).

The Nintendo DS, whilst old, is still quite good.
    The problem is there aren't going to be many new games coming out for it, with most going to Nintendo's 3DS, or their rumored portable console.

Here's a comparison (and features) of Nintendo's 'DS' series: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Nintendo_portable_consoles

To play pirated ROMs on the NDS, you will need a flashcard.
    There's a guide to buying them here and a setup guide here. Don't be afraid to look around for sellers, there's a lot and you can get them quite cheap.

Cheats are inbuilt. All you need to do is download the latest cheat database. The CMP team does a good one.
    Your saves from DeSmuME simply need to be copied over to the MicroSD of the card, with them being renamed to the ROM name (if you decide to get a console/flashcard, I can help you with this).

And no, you will not be able to play Pokemon X/Y on the NDS. No 3DS game can be played on it.

The union room is a room to battle and chat with other players. The GTS (Global Trade Station) is used to exchange and trade Pokemon with other people in order to fill up your Pokedex and get some better Pokemon in your party.
    Friend codes can be exchanged here: http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=7427.0