1. This forum is in read-only mode.

HeartGold/SoulSilver Fixed for R4i-SDHC with latest firmware (r4i-sdhc.com)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by big_bz, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Roxas162

Roxas162 Member

still can not... :(

2. Devourment

Devourment Member

So if I have a R4 sdhc without the "i" , this update won't change anything for me ?

3. GoldenChao

GoldenChao Member

Are these really clones? I always thought the redbox R4i-SDHC's were the real thing, and that the R4-SDHC's they make (without the "i") were clones. Plus, these guys have the best firmware anyway, since it can download games and such over WiFi to the card :p

In the end, though, it doesn't matter - glad they finally released this update! Works like a charm. Love these cards, they always have good, active development.

Also, if you card does not have an "i" or a 1.4 on it, you need to buy a new card with the 1.4 - the hardware and kernel are different. The new versions trick the DSi / DSi XL into thinking its another game so that it won't block the card.

4. Devourment

Devourment Member

GoldenChao what card are you using exactly ?

5. Siegelind

Siegelind New Member

They are TTDS clones marked as updated R4s.

6. GoldenChao

GoldenChao Member

[​IMG]

Why, that one, good sir! The one that r4i-sdhc.com produces.

7. eaithegrimreaper

eaithegrimreaper Well-Known Member

Son of a B****!! R4SDHC is now at v1.34 and it didn't update any of the games I wanted to play >=[[[

8. GoldenChao

GoldenChao Member

Hrm, actually, I updated my firmware to 1.19b and the game refuses to load my save! Black screen :( nothing more. I can load up the title screen and stuff. Guess it's back to the patched ROM; oh well!

9. Roxas162

Roxas162 Member

^ same with me...but not with the black screen...
    I've re-formatted my sd card but still can't load my save file...

10. GoldenChao

GoldenChao Member

I sent an email to the R4i-SDHC team notifying them about the issues. They said they'll have a fix in their next firmware release :)

11. will1008

will1008 Well-Known Member

So...only R4i SDHC? Not counting R4i Gold?

12. bLATANT

bLATANT Well-Known Member

ya gotta love r4i-sdhc.com :) There really nice people, I've been in touch a few times (although there english is not too good!) lol, and they bring out regular updates :)

Glad they've resolved the 2 pokemon titles , was gonna post summin about v1.19 but you guys beat me to it (been waiting for it to see if Sonic Classics Collectrion would be addressed, which it has!! WooHoooo!!)

13. totallydood

totallydood Guest

LOL! and ur so cute :3

it works perfectly on my R4 !

14. big_bz

big_bz Member

Are you using a save file from a translated/patched Japanese version of the game? This might be the reason why it's not loading.

15. totallydood

totallydood Guest

BTW, the mods should post this in the main topic that this game works with the latest firmware for R4i-SDHC :D

16. rudegal

rudegal Well-Known Member

yeah they do show up as games mine is called star wars lethal allience

17. bLATANT

bLATANT Well-Known Member

ROFL, hey GoldenChao, you've pulled mate!!!! wooooooo :D

18. will1008

will1008 Well-Known Member

If you use r4i, it may LOOK like star wars, but its their disguise. Before, the DSi didn't accept flashcards or something. Once you tap it, the r4i will load. I know. My r4i Gold is like that.

19. Roxas162

Roxas162 Member

no, i never used translated/patched japanese version

20. GoldenChao

GoldenChao Member

Mine is from a vanilla ROM, then I used it with a translated Japanese version, then I used it with a patched US version. All worked; going back to the vanilla ROM again on 1.19b refuses to load the save file :/

Additionally, if I try to load the vanilla ROM without any save file, it will create one, try to load the rom, then give me "disk errcode=-83, Please reset system."

:/

EDIT: Looks like a reformat fixed everything. What a pain! I hate having to reformat this thing to get upgrades to work, 'specially since I'm on a Mac and these things can't natively format FAT32.