1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Has Nintendo stopped producing GBA Games?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by xmodesty, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Sarah Kreuz

Sarah Kreuz Well-Known Member

Bought last year my last GBA game here in stores (Germany). It was a totally sold out the last few months,most of them for 10-15 euro (Splinter Cell, Star Wars-series). Except the nintendo-distributed titles (pokemon,mario... - almost 39,90,-). In 2009 you cannot find a single store with GBA Games anymore. And I`m living in the so called "Purchase-Town" (Essen). xD

So 2008 was the inofficial year in my opinion,when the distribution totally stopped. But it isn`t hard to find pre-owned Games. Stores like "EB Games" are specialized to sell pre-owned stuff. (but beyond belief the prices sometimes: golden sun 24,95 euro,whoaa!)

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Ebay-simple answer to second hand gba games.

Look for the shops-they have them in near mint condition generally.

3. musiclegend14

musiclegend14 Well-Known Member

he's right, EB games and/or gamestop (owned by same company) sell their GBA games at ridiculous prices. I remember about a month ago i traded in Pokemon FireRed and they gave me 22 dollars trade in credit for it...Makes me wonder how much they're selling it for.

4. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

The only new GBA games I have seen in stores recently was some pokemon game (don't remember which one), and some horse riding game

5. musiclegend14

the ones i saw new was a dig dug type of game i believe. Off-topic but whats this pink army thing

6. marzz92

marzz92 Well-Known Member

They do still sell them here in Singapore. Last week i went into the shop, there were still numerous GBA games on the shelves.

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Ethier cheap knock off's or second hand.

The knock off's won't stop just yet.

8. lelouchp11

lelouchp11 Well-Known Member

They probably dont make them any more but you can still by them for walmart or gamestop but the ones a gamestop are always used never new unless it has never been opened

9. musiclegend14

you won't find any new ones at gamestop...unless they have a couple they never sold. They don't except trade ins if the games are still factory sealed

10. mr.nintendo

mr.nintendo Well-Known Member

yes they have stopped producing games since 2005 then ds took its place and same is going to happen with dsi

11. olliebot

olliebot Well-Known Member

I doubt it with the DSi because of games like guitar hero where you need gba peripherals.

12. lelouchp11

lelouchp11 Well-Known Member

I have sold several games to gamestop that were factory seal plus they sell factory sealed games so why would they not buy them for costumers

13. mr.nintendo

oh yes it is going to happen with dsi because guitar hero is also available on dsi ware shop for 800 points and include my favorite songs

14. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Since when did that happen?

And how in the heck would it be played?

15. mr.nintendo

go to youtube and watch it if you dont believe it
    i am a nintendo fan and know what they are doing
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0ADBmpHLWU

16. marzz92

marzz92 Well-Known Member

They aren't knockoffs, they are originals, not yet opened.

17. mr.nintendo

watch my video
    (only for mds)

18. musiclegend14

it looks kind of retarded

19. olliebot

olliebot Well-Known Member

agreed. Well, even if the games do stop it will be a while seeing as there are games for the DS planned for 2010. They'd start doing it near the end of 2010 and 2011 so there's lots of time there for excellent games. Haha.