1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Harvest Moon: Sunshine islands save..

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by snuggerdog, Nov 14, 2009.

1. westpark21

westpark21 New Member

I as well have the problems with the in game menus not showing options..

Using NO$GBA 2.6a as well as NOZOOMER 2.3.0.2

also the framerate dips in some places but that could just be a game thing

am I not using the right options?

2. snuggerdog

snuggerdog Active Member

like mizuro said i have no idea if what you have is the most updated version as i have an R4

3. Valmur

Valmur Member

It DOES work on R4 BUT it takes so much effort that it's not really worth it. There are lots of good guides on other forums.

4. snuggerdog

snuggerdog Active Member

I'm willing to try. Could you kindly link the links so i can attempt to fix my game? i'll also post a fixed rom for all r4 users here also if you have directions for it. Many others are having this problem but have no where else to turn but this topic
    Post Merge: [time]1258328491[/time]
    bump

5. Valmur

Valmur Member

This guy gives you everything you need http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW9E09uanZs without the longwinded process. I can't do it though, as I don't know how to find the ROOT of my R4. Anyone know what it is?

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

The Root is just the term used to describe the base of the folder tree, no folder, etc. So if you plug your MicroSD into your computer, and open it, that is the root. As soon as you go into any folders, you are no longer in the root.

7. Valmur

Valmur Member

THANKYOU. See, that was what people want to read. Well done. You are no longer in my book of 'Naughty Internet Users'.

8. snuggerdog

snuggerdog Active Member

Haha Valmur are you able to save yet because i tried to save somewhere other than the farm house and it still erased my file.

9. Valmur

Valmur Member

Nope. I've tried Ysmenu. It doesn't do anything different. I'm thinking of purchasing a different Flash Card just for the games that don't work on R4.

The whole saving inside the house and outside the house doesn't make any difference.

10. snuggerdog

snuggerdog Active Member

I suppose i'll wait until hopefully some kind soul creates a patched version, eventually i will buy an acecard though i guess. I really am dissappointed with the R4 v=(
    Post Merge: [time]1258425246[/time]
    bump

11. englishteacher

englishteacher Well-Known Member

I don't have this problem, I can still load my save file and like I wrote in the previous page, I'm using R4 v1.18. Maybe the problem source is not the Flashcart but the SD Card or the DS itself. It's just my guess,though.

12. malakh

malakh Member

I have also encountered this problem.

- Flash cart
    - EDGE, firmware 1.5

I have done the following:
    • Deleted the .sav file
    • re-installed the latest EDGE firmware (1.5)
    • tried saving in variable areas and times within the game

When I save it says that the game has been saved. If I try to load the game immediately after saving I get an error message that instructs me to turn off the DS and re-insert the game cartridge. If I wait a bit then try to save again, the save slots are blank.

If anyone knows of a patch for the EDGE or a possible fix for the problem, please let me know. If not, I guess I might have to wait until EDGE updates its firmware.

13. snuggerdog

snuggerdog Active Member

14. franchette

franchette New Member

another bump

I got the same problem in EDGE

15. regor412

regor412 Active Member

i have that same card and mine works perfectly

16. Valmur

Valmur Member

Well there's not a problem with my SD card or my DS. All other Roms work perfectly. I have around 60 roms on my R4 right now. It's not because I have too many games on there either as I put Harvest Moon on my R4 before Blood of Bahamut and Blood of Bahamut saves perfectly well.

17. snuggerdog

snuggerdog Active Member

strange, my brother has the same ds cart as me and he can save and load properly without his save file being corrupted and deleted. I tried copying the rom and the save file from his cart to mine and tried to make a new game and it still erased my new save filee. What the heck is going on!?

18. snuggerdog

snuggerdog Active Member

19. Valmur

Valmur Member

Does it save and then load once you've turned the DS on and off again? It's so weird that only a handful of people can't use it...
    Post Merge: [time]1259150335[/time]
    Just to update Snuggerdog. For some reason, it's letting me save now. I have no idea why. I've turned the DS on and off repeatedly and saved and loaded over and over. It's very strange that it would just choose to start working now...

20. malakh

malakh Member

Just an update; I tried copying my friend's .nds and .sav file (she uses an EDGE with 1.5 firmware like I do) and now it is working perfectly. It's a pretty weird problem.