1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Harvest Moon: Sunshine islands save..

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by snuggerdog, Nov 14, 2009.

1. snuggerdog

snuggerdog Active Member

Hello apparently i cannot save on Harvest Moon Sunshine islands without it being deleted. The game itself runs fine but when i click save, it says save complete and everything but, when i play the game again, it says only "new game". It says that File 1 has been deleted and i never deleted it. I've reformatted and everything.. What the heck is going on? I have R4i SDHC v1.09b...

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Update to the latest firmware first. http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/

3. Valmur

Valmur Member

Updating to the latest firmware doesn't do JACK. I've had the latest R4 FW for ages. I still can't load up my previous save on Harvest Moon. I have the same problem as Snuggerdog. Maybe someone should look into creating a patched version.

Oh and by the way, I have an R4 with firmware version 1.18.

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Valmur, use Ysmenu.

5. snuggerdog

snuggerdog Active Member

throwing these generic ideas aren't helping at all. YOu're naming everything that i tried prior to making this thread... i even tried arm7 patching it and the game didn't even show only music.. Something is wrong must get patched version!

6. TirithRR

Or a more compatible flashcart, like the Acekard2i :)
    So if all the basic stuff doesn't work, then you just have to wait until someone provides an updated firmware for your cart, or a patch.

And we cannot read minds. We don't know what you have or haven't tried other than what you tell us. Formatting is the only thing you mention.

7. Remys

Remys Member

Does anyone know how to fix the text problems with this game? all menus are blank for me ):

8. TirithRR

Again, we can't read minds.
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1736.0

9. snuggerdog

snuggerdog Active Member

again you said that TirithRR and again i will tell you i tried it all
    I believe it is just a flaw with Harvest moon games..

10. TirithRR

No, it's a flaw with your flashcart.
    You just have to wait until someone provides an updated firmware for your cart, or a patch.

"Tried everything" usually means "tried nothing" when it comes to users around here. So unless you specifically mention things tried, you are going to get the basic answers.

11. Remys

Remys Member

Im using No$gba and using the No$zoomer

12. mizuru007

mizuru007 New Member

Remys' problem is also the problem I'm having.
    Using No$gba, but not No$zoomer...because I have no clue what that is. xD
    I'm able to basically navigate, but I can't see any of the choice text boxes, nor can I see any squares that I plow. This has been an issue in the Japanese version as well. So is this just a Sunshine Islands issue?

EDIT: Alright, so once I got No$zoomer, the game suddenly works like a charm. Maybe you just need an updated version, Remys? :D

13. babsck1057

babsck1057 New Member

:D hi this is my first post on here i had the same problem with the r4i so i got it working with ysmenu it saves now hope this helps

14. Valmur

Valmur Member

This is the first game that I've had a problem with. I have over 100 games on my R4 card already and this is the only one that won't save my progress in the game. You may be a moderator but you aren't a lot of help...

15. TirithRR

I'm sorry I can't read minds. It's a problem, I know. Maybe one day I'll be better at it, but until then I'll just have to live with it.

But your problem will likely be fixed by using Ysmenu rather than the 1.18 official firmware, and using the updated infolib.dat (I believe that's the file name). The Acekard suggestion was to Snuggerdog, you know, the person I quoted, and not to you. If you wish to continue using the 1.18 firmware and not be able to play new games and not take any suggestions from the users here to update, then that is your issue.

16. englishteacher

englishteacher Well-Known Member

Oddly enough, I also have R4 with 1.18 firmware but I don't have this problem. I can still load my save file after turning off the game.

Where do you save the game? In the farm house or other places?

17. snuggerdog

snuggerdog Active Member

TirithRR regardless who that comment was directed too, Valmur is correct. Anyways, yeah i usually save when i am in the house where the bed is. Maybe i'll try elsewhere and see if it does it. i don't need to change my firmware just to get 1 game to work.. thats silly

18. TirithRR

Valmur is not correct. I told him a suggestion (he is using outdated firmware). He ignored it and said I was not helpful.

So you won't update you firmware? Why bother asking for help then?

19. Remys

Remys Member

i have the newest Zoomer , maybe my options are messed up? what options do i need?

20. snuggerdog

snuggerdog Active Member

There are alternative methods. Methods that actually work smart guy. Nice try =D
    The R4 card doesn't support YSMenu so i've heard.