1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Harvest Moon : Grand Bazaar Thread ! ~~

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by koyuchan, Aug 26, 2010.

1. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

pfffft

this is the last harvest moon game I'll play
    I'm getting disappointed

best game was sunshine islands

2. naokifails

naokifails Member

This seems interesting, though —› Youtube

3. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

maybe

I'd rather play prof layton 3 :)

4. koolenergy

koolenergy Well-Known Member

this is out of topic but... LAYTON for the WIN :)
    but yeah these one seems easier than the previous once except that you have to wait for a bazaar to buy things that you need :)

5. audit_08

audit_08 Well-Known Member

You could buy pet toys (Dog Bone & Cat Bell) from Felix.

Source: http://www.fogu.com/hm9/village/the-shops.php

6. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

I would only assume that the last two Harvest Moon games were meant for the hardcore players and Grand Bazaar and Twin Villages are more relaxed for the more casual player.

7. Jam34556

Jam34556 Member

Yeah it seems that way. SI was too much for me I don't have the patience to sit and figure out exactly how much I need to water a plant to get a perfect crop. I just want to water it everyday and be done with it. With SI if I did that it took forever to grow because it would take so long to get enough water to advance it. I like this one its more relaxed and lets me do my thing. I water at 6 am go run around a bit and around 3:45-4 I'm heading back and water the plants on my way into the house. It doesn't feel like work, unlike SI.

8. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

Yeah, I would say if they had did a better job with the water/sun requirements people would understand and not freak out as much. There's no actual indicator to tell you. I still do like Island of Happiness and Sunshine Islands it's just way more challenging. And for this game, I like how relaxed and "cute" it really is. Nice to feel like I don't have to rush or have perfection like I've seen else where.

9. Jam34556

Jam34556 Member

Exactly, I wouldn't have had a problem with SI if I hadn't been on my second week and wondering what exactly was wrong with my crops. They just were not growing. I eventually got online and figured out what was going on, but it could have been explained better. This game feels more like Magical Melody to me, which out of all the HM games rates right below HM64 for me. So I am really liking this one, just wish I had more time to play.

10. King Cookie

King Cookie Well-Known Member

I never actually played HM64, but Magical Melody was wonderful. I spent many hours playing that game, and that fact that this is similar makes it even higher on my list of stuff to download.

11. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

Fogu isn't getting updated...

12. EntropicKitty

EntropicKitty Well-Known Member

Friends of Mineral Town was the best. The graphics on this just aren't Harvest Moon-esque anymore... and there's no church or doctor...
    =[

But it's ok...

13. koyuchan

koyuchan Well-Known Member

Where Can I get the fishing rod??? ARGH
    All I did was selling the insects .. and flowers.. lol,.,Can't we mining?? -0-
    and 1 seed for 1 square?? arghh It's hard.. and I rarely meet my future wife :(
    OH and i wanna marry herrrrrrrr http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiK-OUfrImg&feature=related

14. EntropicKitty

EntropicKitty Well-Known Member

You meet her in the shrine behind the waterfall from the 2nd year...
    You get the fishing rod on the 1st of summer... or at the end of summer... either one (I don't remember exactly)

15. klaimore

1st of Summer.
    Cook Dark Chubs and they make fish paste. each fish cost about 100g each.(Lower at Rauls)

16. koyuchan

thanks thanks ,. til now still selling insects ,. and I leveled up to newbie insect something :X
    oh yeah I hope I can find gold often,. it helped me buying a chick :O

17. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

LOL who wants to buy insects anyway? :p

18. will1008

will1008 Well-Known Member

Yeah.
    The games kinda lost some of the good stuff after FoMT.
    But I still play other HM games!

19. koyuchan

PEOPLE FROM OTHER TOWN and KIDS XD
    Oh yeah And Ivan <3 . I will chase him later if I choose female character :)
    I want to meet Freya T^T but she can found at bar at noonnnn :((((

20. klaimore

Hey what recipes can be made with radishes and tomatoes?