1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Harvest Moon: Grand Bazaar - Inventory Issue

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by LuckyTrouble77, Aug 28, 2010.

1. D3adkl0wn

D3adkl0wn Member

then you are at the mercy of what ever issues that you come across dude. fact of the matter is, you aren't paying for a rom that you download, and that severely cuts down your ability to complain if it doesn't work as well as the original cart would. if the rom contained something that infected your computer with some sort of digital version of the clap then, sure, complain away. However, based on your posts prior to the one that started this whole nitpicking bitch war about the wording of Basher11's post about him making the patch for the splash or whatever, the game works for you so its probably just an issue with the OP's cart and/or DS, and not an issue with the rom, intro patch or no.

2. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

I can fix most issues myself, and I don't complain if a game doesn't work. I just wait for a fix, then patch the game myself or update my firmware.

It can't be the DS. The DS has nothing to do with how the games are played via the flashcard.

3. D3adkl0wn

D3adkl0wn Member

i once had a phone that had slight damage to the 6 key due to water or something and it would randomly press 6 itself every now and again due to the issue.. perhaps the OP's X button is doing the same causing his inv screen to pop up and it just really hasn't been an issue till now, or just started? either way, correct or not, its definitely a possible cause for the effect.

4. yoshi2889

That's a phone. A DS is a whole other system.

5. D3adkl0wn

D3adkl0wn Member

my my, you are a sharp one, i can see why trying to make a point on the internet with people like yourself around is a futile effort. If you pull apart both the DS and just about any phone, hell even a TV remote or old ass tamagotchi you will no doubt notice they are similar in the fact that in all of them, just under the buttons is a set of conductive pads, and when one of these is pressed, it completes a circuit on the PCB and thus registers the button press. IF there is an issue with this circuit, or conductive pad on the OP's DSs X button like there was on my phone i mentioned, then it could be the same problem. I've seen the same issue happen from the circuit being damaged from overzealous button mashing, which obviously wouldn't come from playing this particular game, but it happens.

but in all likelihood you arent going to bother to read what i wrote and realize that i'm not saying that the DS is a phone, so have fun with that, i'm done with it.

6. yoshi2889

a DS system isn't build on a phones base.

If more people have the same issue with the same button and the same game, it is very unlikely this has to do with their DS, no?

Yes I bother reading that all.

7. drybones41

drybones41 Well-Known Member

The only issue i had was when after i'm done with wifi it crashes when i exit. Not bothered as i don't go on wifi anyway.

Whats a splashed screen anyway? and what is the inventory issue?
    Read through the thread and no answers, i think.
    I'm waiting for a clean dump as i don't really like the venom intro's and if a rom is edited [excluding patches] something might go wrong rendering the game unplayable.[not in this case]

If i clean dump is released i'll try it out.

8. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

/skip bs and such

I know the problem. My DS is so broken, the touch screen presses itself. Confirmed with another game.

9. yoshi2889

Aw that's bad...

I wish Nintendo makes handhelds that cannot break so fast...

10. D3adkl0wn

D3adkl0wn Member

Damn that sucks dude, theres some replacement screens and the like on DX, but its probably just as well off to pick up another DS if you arent comfortable opening yours up and mucking with its interior.

funny that. seems like the DS was the problem after all.

11. yoshi2889

But still the DS has nothing to do with how the games are played.

12. LuckyTrouble77

I have a full repair set up ($50 with free shipping) to Nintendo once I have the money. The thing will basically be like new again when it comes back.

13. yoshi2889

Or it IS new.

14. LuckyTrouble77

It's an old school DS, so it's doubtful that they have a whole lot left sitting in stock.

15. yoshi2889

Here in our stores they still have quite alot of old-school ones.

Hundreds, to be sure.