1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Harvest Moon DS: The Tale of Two Towns (USA) problem

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by englishteacher, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

What card and firmware you are having this game issue with ?

2. Theadora

Theadora New Member

I am having the same problem (the screen turns white after a save file is made)

anyways I have a DS Deluxe and I was wondering what firmware I would have to download for the game to work. I know that this card is a clone and some have said that I need to get a new card? if so which one?

If the card can however be used to play this game somehow, I would greatly appreciate it. I downloaded the open patcher provided by Jhon but with no success, I also downloaded the ysmenu 6.74 but it still does not load the game.

I am so confused lol :s

3. Jhon 591

With YSMenu by RGF you should use the Clean ROM only.

4. Theadora

Theadora New Member

can you send me the link of the clean rom?

5. Jhon 591

Click here

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=56827.0

6. lord_wolfram

lord_wolfram New Member

yeah I have done what's told do here, but it's lagging so much that it's almost imposible to play ........ :(
    does anyone know what to do ??
    Post Merge: [time]1332529529[/time]
    yeah I have done what's told do here, but it's lagging so much that it's almost imposible to play ........ :(
    does anyone know what to do ??

7. audit_08

audit_08 Well-Known Member

If you are playing with the 3DS, you will experience a lagging problem. Try to search how to lessen the lag in the Natsume forum. I know they put up some tips on how to lessen the lag.

8. debedowi

debedowi Member

Excuse me sir,

Do you have a backup link for mediafire of the patched version?

The mediafire link was down, and I can't afford to download from other hosts because I can't download from them properly T_T

Replying would be so much appreciated. Thanks in advance

9. Damashi420

Damashi420 New Member

Good day sir im having this harvest moon tale of two towns problem. i cant even manage to fix the loading screen im stuck in the white screen, my cart is R4 SDHC ( revolution for DS NDSL/nds) i dont know if its a original or clone but still i tried updating my firmware to R4 Wood(clone).(hoping thats it works) but still dont have any progress, any idea to help me sir. thank you in advance

10. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

1. It's one of many clones of the R4 brand
    2. WOOD isn't going to work for your cart
    3. Try YSMENU/TTMENU (Read and Follow Steps from : http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=43121.0) ; Back Up SD Micro before hand

11. Damashi420

Damashi420 New Member

ok so i tried downloading RetroGameFan Multi Cart Update (Latest Version) - Filetrip and i format my sd using SDFormatter v3.1 and i pick the DSTTi-Clone TTMenu i followed the instruction step by step but still when im booting up my ds it stuck in the loading screen :(

Post Merge: [time]1405390768[/time]
    ok so i tried downloading RetroGameFan Multi Cart Update (Latest Version) - Filetrip and i format my sd using SDFormatter v3.1 and i pick the DSTTi-Clone TTMenu i followed the instruction step by step but still when im booting up my ds it stuck in the loading screen :(

12. Prectorian

Did you not read first before proceeding? There in the compatibility text document states R4 SDHC has to use R4_SDHC TTMENU or R4_SDHC YSMENU folder. Why you just add random files? Furthermore, you need your original R4 SDHC kernel/firmware files, you can't just delete them off. Doing so causes your R4 to not able to load properly. If you hadn't back up the SD Micro's content and went ahead to format the card, you'll have to look for the R4 SDHC's kernel for that cartridge. Or else, it's over. If you'd backed it up, return the files and do over the steps, this time use the mentioned folder. In any case, you haven't properly mention the full name of your R4 SDHC in your post. There are many R4 SDHC in the market, need to be specific which one it is.

13. Damashi420

Damashi420 New Member

my cartridge is R4 SDHC Revolution for DS(ndsl/nds) i dont have any idea if its original or clone coz my friends just gave it to me. also it doesnt contain any firmware files and i try downloading Wood v1.42 for R4 SDHC (clone) it works fine most of the game but when im booting up my HM-ToTT it always stuck on the loading screen and then i tried your advice replacing the other .dat and files and when im starting my ds it said that
    Yasu software - YSmenu
    http://w w.usay.jp/
    build: YASU Mar 27 2009 00:03:39
    Error: can't fatInitDefault
    sorry for being a noob. i just want to play and have fun :( still hopping for your help also(sorry for my bad english)

14. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

It's a clone.
    Use the R4 SDHC folder in the Multi Card Update.

15. Prectorian

Good luck. Bye.