1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Harvest Moon DS: The Tale of Two Towns (USA) problem

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by englishteacher, Sep 21, 2011.

1. For the JPN version the AP makes it so you can't make friends with anyone and your animals will constantly be sick.
    The AP probably wont kick in for DStwo or desmume, so it might affect those playing on older flashcarts...There was a problem of the AP effecting retail carts for the JPN version so maybe they removed or improved it for the USA version...

I tried the affection multiplier x128 and it seems affection increases on ezflash vi for usa version

2. chukapi

chukapi Guest

oh is that so, im using r4sdhc w/ retrogamefan6.68 update and jhon's update to make harvest moon work.. well my animals don't get sick even after the festival where i read is that when the ap kicks in.. well i still trying to check if i can raise the flower of georgia in the game=.= thanks..

3. heyitzstan

heyitzstan Member

anyone know where can i get the latest usrcheat.dat file that has HMTOT cheats on it?

4. koyuchan

koyuchan Well-Known Member

using R4i SDHC and tried cheat 128x for animal and villagers but nothing happen :(
    well my animals didn't get sick :/

5. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

EDIT: Removed for now.
    Post Merge: [time]1317468565[/time]
    Open Patcher v 1.51

NEW Link 01/10/2011 :

Changelog v1.51: http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/1GA47TPN/

(Note) 5829 - Harvest Moon A Tale of two Towns [31396874] saving issue now refixed

Code:
    5836 - Phineas and Ferb Across the Second Dimension [2256D6C1]
    5834 - Pucca Power Up [D0242014]
    5830 - Cars 2 The Video Game [C4863488]
    5829 - Harvest Moon A Tale of two Towns [31396874]
    5826 - Camping Mama Outdoor Adventures [835EC015]

6. foniclullaby

foniclullaby New Member

I'm having the saving problem but I already patched the game. I'm using DSTT (TTmenu latest update)

7. Jhon 591

Use the clean ROM with thease latest updates http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=43121.0

The issue was refixed in the new DATs for TTMenu folder

I mean update/update

8. peppermai

peppermai Member

the game isnt working on EDGE 2.3

9. Jhon 591

Maybe the patched rom could be tested http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=56827.0

10. canidia

canidia Member

just wondering, can i use my old sav file for the patched rom, or will that sav file still have the ap on it, cause even though the friendship affection hasn't gone up, i'd hate to have to restart the whole game since i didn't realize it had ap on the game.

11. Jhon 591

As long as you keep a backup copy of original save, it's worth a try!.

Just be sure rom and save names match by renameing .

12. canidia

canidia Member

Has anyone tried this and it worked?

13. Jhon 591

I don't have my DS at the moment, But it possible.

As long as you keep a backup copy / paste original then they is not much to worry about if not.

Make a folder on your desktop copy / paste original save as backup

If not work then reuse a nuther copy with original clean ROM, that simple.

14. sanguinex

sanguinex Member

hello, I have a question, the Animals getting sick and the affection not raising problem have alredy been solved??? Im using a DSTT (TTmenu latest update) and i alredy solved the problem of the save with @Jhon 591 DATs but i dont know if the the Animals getting sick and the affection not raising problem is solved to

15. Jhon 591

Me to i added the fix but don't rely play the game its self - the AP was to far into, The saving issue was not AP , but RGF rong hooking address that was corrected.

16. yeahdotdot

yeahdotdot New Member

While trying to run both my downloaded roms for Harvest Moon: Tale of Two Towns (for DS) on my R4, a SAV file can be created but once entering the game both screens of the DS go blank and white, frozen in that place.

I know that my R4 is not the real one for below the sticker is a funny looking card, which I have been told makes it not a R4. I am therefore unsure which firmware to download. I'm not sure if this is relevant but I will put it here anyway.

17. Jhon 591

Could you find a image on google and post the url hear to the image...

Of the same card you have then we will know, and try to help you.

18. peppermai

peppermai Member

OMG TNX!ITS WORKING NOW...AND NO PROBLEMS SO FAR ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

19. gurpal

gurpal New Member

i have a r4i gold upgrade 1.41 but i think i updated it to 1.42 from www. r4igold.cn and everytime i open the game i get rom load errcode -4 something like that can nyone help!?

20. kimsamsoo

kimsamsoo New Member

Please help me T.T when I copied the game into my SD card a white screen appears whenever I try to open it while other games open perfectly ??? what should i do ?? Pleases Please Please help me I really want to play this game.