1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Halo Reach

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Joshbow, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Joshbow

Joshbow Guest

Does anyone think this will be any good compared to the other games in the series ?

2. allkratos

allkratos Well-Known Member

It will be good.Just like any other Halos but do not put your hope high on something revolutionary.

3. Joshbow

Joshbow Guest

I might buy it
    I think its based on the marines
    and stuff before like the master chief and stuff
    and the asassinations look ace :D

4. steelcomet

steelcomet Well-Known Member

This is what pulled me in: http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=ZUv98eWVnL0&playnext_from=TL&videos=cwADgBRdAGQ

5. saddamsdevil

saddamsdevil Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of getting an xbox now I seen this... Bungie is always great at advertising their product

6. garychencool

garychencool Well-Known Member

it might be the last halo game, maybe

7. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

No, it will be the last official Halo game. Any that may come out after this will be completely unrelated to the story (or lack there of) that they are currently running on.

8. allkratos

allkratos Well-Known Member

Well,Bungie main goal is to make it The Halo,it will be the definitive version,they said so.

9. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

No, it will be the last Halo made by Bungie, MS made a studio called 343 Studios to make Halo games after Bungie.

10. Kage56

Kage56 Well-Known Member

say wha?
    they're replacing the makers of Halo, why... ?

11. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

The contract on the original set of Halo games ran out, and Bungie decided to just sell the title. They probably got a good chunk of change for it.

12. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

No, Bungie doesn't own the IP, Microsoft has and always will.

Bungie was to make only 3 Halo games, ODST and Reach are supplementary.

Bungie went splits ville from Microsoft (surprised MS let them), probably because MS kept telling them to make more Halo games.

Right now, they're partnering up with Activision and their next game is going to be multiplatform.

13. serpentile

serpentile Active Member

well in my opinion i dont think this game is gonna be as great as the other halo games

14. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Opinion is irrelevant, your going to have to wait to be proven correct or plain wrong.

(This is coming from a guy who always uses his opinion :p )

15. serpentile

serpentile Active Member

16. omgwtfitzben

omgwtfitzben Well-Known Member

Halo is always fun, I'll get it.

17. serpentile

serpentile Active Member

well being fun is something and being good and great is something entirely different so in case of being great and good its not gonna compare to other halos

18. omgwtfitzben

omgwtfitzben Well-Known Member

I played the Beta, I think it's neat. I like Halo, I'm don't really care if it's worse or better than the previous entries.

19. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I actually think Reach is going to be as good as Halo CE in terms of multiplayer and single player. Playing the beta, it's a lot of fun and I'm glad it doesn't play like Halo 3 (which Halo 3's multiplayer is either shoot with the AR, melee or just using the Battle Rifle). In fact the BR was so overpowered that it essentially made dual wielding useless, using the power weapons, up so a certain extent, useless and the addition of equipment is so under utilized it's crazy.

Halo 3 was a huge disappointment multiplayer wise, Halo 2 was fun for what it was, and Halo CE is what they're striving for in terms of gameplay and quality wise.

Having Armor abilities, health back, a slower pace, weapon variation (meaning the Plasma Rifle isn't the same as the SMG), new weapons, throwbacks to Halo CE (Elites, and weapons like the AR and pistol). These additions make the game much more enjoyable to me.

20. Yutrzenika

Yutrzenika Well-Known Member

I've been playing the Beta A LOT recently, and am loving ever moment of it, I think this is looking to be the best Halo yet. What I'm most looking forward to is that Noble 6 in single player is based off the appearance of your Spartan in Multiplayer, and I'm looking forward to the new open world for Reach. I already got $5 down on a pre-order for the Legendary Edition.
    Also, anybody catch the live action trailer? It was pretty cool, though my only gripe about it is that it isn't canon to the books, the creation of a spartan is a heck of a lot more painful than that. From what I gathered from the books, I imagine lots of blood, and screams of pain, but when Carter gets turned into a spartan it looks as though it's something anybody could do, when really lots of people died, or were deformed during the process of becoming a spartan.