1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Hacking a New PSP

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by DTheRPGFan657289, Jul 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dracky w

dracky w Well-Known Member

But you just know sony will have something up thier sleeves to make life difficult for us budget gamers(read:pennyless Nerd's)

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Indeed-first we are gonna have to get hacks working on it first...

3. dracky w

I plan on cruzin in the cinema's for dropped PSP2's and disemboweling them to see what makes it tick.
    (btw the cinema is a tech goldmine for phones and PSP's i have found up to this date 19 cellphones(of that 2 iPhones)and 3 PSP slims and 2 PSP phats)

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Maybe we will get lucky and Sony didn't realize what they did with the PSP3000, and will just make the GO! and reskinned 3000?

I mean, they didn't realize what they had done with the unhackable 2000 board. They actually reverted back to a hackable one in a later revision.

5. dracky w

Details PLS tirith (if they did then they have resigned to the immoveable hacker will)

6. TirithRR

Well, apparently when the infamous T88v3 motherboard came out for the PSP2000, everyone was in a panic, assuming Sony found out how to stop the hacking. But a later revision of the board was still hackable. Sony had made the unhackable PSP2000 without even realizing it.

Of course now it's the PSP 3000, which was not hackable in the same manner as the hackable 2000 and 1000s were. And still isn't. But they have found ways to, rather than install a Custom Firmware, just run a program that will let them act like they have a firmware. It's decent, but far from the level that the Custom Firmware is.

Maybe we'll get lucky with the Go! is all I'm saying.

7. dracky w

oh right...Using ChickHEN,i thought you meant like the new model was able to be pandora'ed but anyway i need to cut back on sugar when i read your original post i actually jumped out my chair in joy that our(psp hackers) jobs would of been easier

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

LOL theft!

...I almost lost in in a cinema-I knew my pockets were lighter-so I jumped around in the middle of the transfomers movie until I got it-fell under a freaking seat!

yes details please.

9. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I'm gonna have to try that. LOL

10. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I know I might find some phones here...but not gaming systems-we NERDS are too smart for that LOL!

11. dracky w

gaming has become so mainstream that its not just gamers with handhelds anymore

and its not theft if i pick it up off the floor of a public place

12. insanecrazy07

I can't imagine someone playing their PSP in a movie that they paid $8 to see.

13. dracky w

Cape town(where i live) is a very popular Tourist destination but when we have epic rainy days a lot of people go to the cinemas we only have 3 big ones here and each screen seats like 700 people now tourist kids like to take the ocasional ds and psp with them

14. DTheRPGFan657289

DTheRPGFan657289 Well-Known Member

someone commented whether 2000 models were $169. They WERE 169. But the 3000 model replaced it. Only way to find them now is either on private sites like ebay or craiglist or used at Gamestop.

15. insanecrazy07

This just in.
    PSP 3000 CFW 5.03GEN-A using ChickHEN R2
    http://www.wiihacks.com/psp/17575-sony-psp-3000-hack-released-custom-firmware-5-03gen-chickhen.html

16. TirithRR

That's almost a month old :)

It's too bad that it's not a permanent Custom Firmware though. Give it some time and someone will find a way.

17. insanecrazy07

Wow, I just saw it on the front page so I figured it was new.
    Apparently there hasn't been much new news in a month on that site. lol

18. dracky w

the problem is you cant flash a PSP3000 without physicly opening the psp and changing the memory chips beacuse the new psp motherboards's mem chips are read-only so thats why chickHEN isnt permanent(sony put that there to try and stop dark-alex)

19. DTheRPGFan657289

DTheRPGFan657289 Well-Known Member

so for now, getting a 2000 model with a Pandora battery seems straightforward. My friend tried this. Does anyone have the name of the program I need to DL when I get the handheld and battery situated?

20. dracky w

look for the original Slim those you can pandora properly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.