1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Guitar Hero

Discussion in 'Sports' started by snebbers, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Luk7nk4

Luk7nk4 Well-Known Member

It is physically exerting, don't tell me you just sit on a couchwhen playing GH or RB? That's just most of the fun, striking poses, banging your head and stuff. After i finish a session i'm always sooo tired from jumping around my room :D

2. xmasterchefx

xmasterchefx Well-Known Member

Whoa, I was searching the connection between his song and suicide (and read the suicide note) and came up with this link:

http://www.justiceforkurt.com/investigation/reasons.shtml

What the hell?

Anyways, what export function in Rock Band?

3. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Kurt Cobain, mehasdjhfayf8eyf98a23rhfhaf. That's enough I have to say about him besides Activision and Neversoft sure fucked up his virtual copy.

In Rock Band 1 they made it so you can put 55 out of the 58 songs onto Rock Band 2 for like 5 dollars.

Guitar Hero 5 tried to do the same with Wourld Tour but you can only export 35 out of the 85 songs.

4. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

Try playing a team sport then come back and tell us how physically exerting guitar hero is

5. xmasterchefx

xmasterchefx Well-Known Member

^ Truth. Soccer/Football, especially grueling. I dunno how some people are able to run around for so long and be able to run around miles a game.

6. snebbers

snebbers Well-Known Member

Me also ;)

Footballers aren't constantly in motion though. When you're playing Guitar hero and pratting around to have fun, then you're always moving and the double strumming really does kick in with the pain after a while.

7. iamlegend

You're actually trying to equate guitar hero with football?
    I'm literally laughing my ass off here. You've obviously never played a sport.
    And yes, footballers are constantly in motion,
    they're moving at varying speeds, and exerting themeselves in various manners.
    (running, jumping, kicking, sliding). And then there's also the physical contact...
    Get much of that playing guitar hero?

A little exercise for you:
    Go outside (it's through the door). Sprint 50m. Jog back to where you started.
    Take a 20 second break. Rinse and repeat for an hour and a half.
    Then tell me how ****ing physically exerting guitar hero is.

And cut your hair. Hippie.

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Although I don't like your tone, you are correct.

Guitar hero on hard is constant motion and can lead to all sorts of injuries if done incorrectly, but it's only hands-it's not excercise-except if you looked at my wrist from constant years of beat em ups and shooters-big and strong-and vieny XD

But, while football does have breaks in between, more mucles are moving, more injuries can be sustained (and life threatening at times-guitar hero can be...if played straight without breaks) and overall far better for one's fitness.

I do not play sport-I just know some self defence moves that are handy-if these were applied to any sport they could reduce injuries by 30% (taekwondo-the roll moves are handy :).

And topic starter does not need haircut, nor is a hippe, my guess is your a big soccer fan..which explains your tone and attitude.

So just to recap-football is more phyical than guitar hero-or the real thing for that matter.

Not even wii sports or wii fit could be "real" excercise.

9. mizzsolero

mizzsolero Active Member

I got GH for the wii, my fav is 3, 60s tunes rock and it has the most..
    play rockband with my mother (54!) we are the golden clitz! hahaha
    rockband has lamo songs though *cries*

downloading GH 5 and rockband the beatles (the cd rocked!)

10. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Yes guitar hero 3 is awsome :)

But metallica is what kept me happy lol!

...But I got world tour just for the downloadable "you got the touch" XD

11. snebbers

Flaming isn't acceptable here, and I do sports, I swim.

First of all I'm not a hippie, I'll post my hippie picture later on when I'm at home on my normal terminal.

Secondly..

I managed to complete Guitar Hero Metallica on bass Career a couple of days ago, now I'm dissappointed because it's not a challenge anymore...

12. mizzsolero

mizzsolero Active Member

Im a hippie, and i think its a sport, and I think its amazing you beat it:)

I cant get the last song down on expert mode on 3 :(

are you gnna play 5 too?
    my computer is biznatch and still hasnt downloaded it,
    so tomorrow, maybe!

13. iamlegend

Ok, let's take a look at your definition from the first post...
    The amount of physical activity is very minimal. This "pratting around" you seem to enjoy isn't necessary,
    nor does it improve performance (if anything it impedes performance).

Rules? Press buttons in time....
    Compare to the rule set for a sport like association football, tennis or javelin etc. etc. etc.

High levels of skill I won't deny because I suck at it. But where's the variance?
    Even I could master the game if I repeatedly played the same songs over and over.

Example's of a governing bodies are FIFA, the IRB or the NBA. Does Guitar Hero have a governing body?

14. snebbers

Well me and my friend went into town today to get Guitar Hero Smash Hits, so now we can play dragonforce and stuff :) And we both think I can't do it on expert, So I am going to give it a go.

Ignored. Accept a joke.

15. iamlegend

The joke is you weren't joking.
    Faced with a solid argument you decide to ignore it because it's not what you want to hear.
    Real mature ::)

16. snebbers

You like to flame huh? Maturity; is not continuing what you obviously want to start, if its's going to end up like that then I'll just get an admin to lock this thread, even if it is my own.

17. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Iamlegend's right, you said it seriously and came back saying it was a joke. Although I could do without the insults.

I already explained the reasons why it's not a sport. Another spin that it's not a sport: it's simulating playing in a band, playing in a band isn't a game, thus it's not a sport.

GH5 is alright, there's not a lot of oldies music, if you want the set list go here. You're a fan of 60s music, but sadly there's none on the disc. There's The Rolling Stones as DLC but the only song I think is worth getting is I Can't Get No (Satisfaction).

The thing with GH5 is that it has cool features, just not the setlist to back it up. Overall, I'm quite disappointed with the game.

18. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I'd have to say-people who enjoy sport take thing seriously.

Guitar hero is not quite a sport-but to some-it could be, I'm sure there is an obscure sport out there in some country that uses about the same amount of activity as guitar hero on expert.

Though I'd say now that I thought abot-it can be a hobby-if you play the real thing there you go.

If not and call it a sport-and nothing else-then your a game addict (like me-join the club).

And enough with the flaming-who ever is right or wrong put your differances aside-we are a community not just some blnk piece of paper where we can write crap and throw it about as we please.

As for guitar hero 5-The set list icrap because they used most of theood stuff already-I ain't buying another hero type game unless it's "guitar hero:Korn" XD

19. Hypr

Hypr Well-Known Member

Snebbers, iamlegend wasn't flaming you at all. He presented a valid argument, and you simply chose to cop out.

Learn to debate and respond to arguments appropriately.

And no, sorry, Guitar Hero is not a sport due to the fact that the purpose behind the game is to simulate playing a guitar. That sole reason alone completely knocks Guitar Hero off from the Sports category.

20. Luk7nk4

Luk7nk4 Well-Known Member

I used to play football at high-school. You have a point that GH3 is not as exerting as the sports you mentioned, but you GET TIRED after playing for 5-6 hours <--- That's a fact you cannot deny.