1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Guitar Hero

Discussion in 'Sports' started by snebbers, Sep 7, 2009.

1. snebbers

snebbers Well-Known Member

I'm into challenges but not competition. I'm also into puzzle games with a vs. com option.

2. mr.nintendo

mr.nintendo Well-Known Member

yes i played guitar hero 5 but not the other just saw the gameplay movie

3. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

But you didn't play it. There's no saying if the game is good or not unless you play it.

The exception is if the game is incredibly bad.

4. snebbers

Touché

5. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Of course mr.nintendo, I don't know if you like The Beatles or not. If you hate them, then that's a different story.

6. snebbers

I did like the Beach Boys once, but I grew out of them shortly after. Me and my Guitar Hero buddy find that there are quite a few artists on the games, but Metallica has to be the best spin-off.

7. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I disagree only because I don't like Metallica much. I'm a huge Beatlemaniac so you know where I'm coming from. The thing I like about Beatles: Rock Band is that there's a story mode that goes through their history. It doesn't do that in Metallica. And I'm happy with playing only the Beatles because their music has a lot of progression and it gets different every era they go through.

8. snebbers

I agree with the fact that GH Metallica lacks a story line, but then so do most Guitar hero games. I guess Rockband: Beatles wins there then.

9. xmasterchefx

xmasterchefx Well-Known Member

Who hates the Beatles? No one, that's who.

Beatles Rock Band is out (I think) and it's a $60 track pack! Yay! Just saying, it's a tad pricey, even if the Beatles rock.

10. snebbers

My GH buddy Joris says that he hates The Beatles... Your parade is rained on.

11. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

The thing about Beatles Rock Band is that unlike Metallica and a lot of bands is that their music changed. They went from songs mainly about girls and love to something more a long the lines of the album Revolver, then the White Album, then Sgt Pepper's ect.

Not a lot of bands changed a lot during the ages of being a band.

Also the Beatles just oozes awesomeness, I like the little touches like the studio chatter before and after then songs, you get to unlock Beatles stuff as you go through the game and the art style is to die for.

This is all coming from a Beatles fanatic so take all of this with a grain of salt.

Well someone is bound to hate The Beatles, but it's a band that's hard to hate..

For 45 songs, it's a bit iffy, I guess. I think it's worth it though. As I said before I love the Beatles. Also they're coming out with DLC albums, which will then drain out all my money.

12. snebbers

Well as long as you think it is worth it then it will be a good buy, right?

13. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Yes, I think it's worth it, along with buying the albums. Because I'm a huge music junky and a Beatles junky. Me and my hubby buy most of the Rock Band DLC (I don't like Guitar Hero's DLC as much..) and play it a lot. It's all worth it, also when we have parties, someone is bound to find a band or song that they like.

14. snebbers

Yeah that's very true... One of the ways I was introduced to Guitar Hero was at a party. It strikes me as a very party-ish game.

15. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Yeah music games are very party oriented as they're not aimed at any one group of people. More so Rock Band as the initial on disc music and the DLC covers all genres. It's also accessible to everyone so it's very good.

I finished The Beatles Rock Band today. Somewhat short but very satisfying. There's only 45 songs in the game but they're ALL good songs and are fun to play. The DLC is going to be full albums and there's going to be some for each month so I'm REALLY hoping that they'll have The Beatles discography on the game.

I find it funny how I can play all their songs on real guitar and I still want to play their songs on a game where I play a fake plastic guitar. Eh.

I have a huge hate for Guitar Hero after they decided to do this:
    [​IMG]

16. xmasterchefx

What's wrong with "Yeaaa boiiii"?

17. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Kurt Cobain's dead.

They decided to use the virtual version of him to be able to sing any song in the game. So that song by Flava Flave, he's able to sing.

They did the same thing with Johnny Cash.

18. xmasterchefx

Being someone without musical nostalgia, I seem unphazed. What's wrong with making a virtual Cobain and Johnny Cash? How else would they implement the songs into the game?

19. snebbers

All the Beatles info sounds pretty good :) I just wish that they would enable it so that you could do that with other artists.... Like Joe Satriani for instance... And yes it is quite ironic that you would want to play them on a fake guitar :p... Maybe it's just the fact that instead of covering a song that you're 'playing' along with the other instruments and someone else is playing, and then there's the fact that you also get a rating... I mean sure it's not the same as playing a real guitar, but you see my point hopefully,

And wow they really did that with Kurt Cobain huh....

20. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

It's a huge insult to Kurt Cobain, as that is one of the reasons why he killed himself. Kurt Cobain and Johnny Cash you can make them sing every song. They could of just put Nirvana songs in the game instead of putting a virtual Kurt Cobain Like what Rock Band did, nope they put him in and made him able to sing anything. Also, Kurt Cobain, if he were alive today, he'd want to sing Flava Flave.

It definitely wouldn't fit into the game, the only other artist that'd fit in the game is Bruce Sprinsteen because he did the guitar in "While My Guitar Gently Weeps". There's a reason why Harmonix didn't enable the export function like in Rock Band 1.