1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Guide to jEnesisDS on R4...?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Sinister Swiss, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

http://www.freeroms.com/download.php?game_id=2790&system=Genesis

Don't if works yet
    Post Merge: [time]1267801042[/time]
    Nope did not work

2. ollie809

ollie809 Active Member

just tried to top load on jenisisDS properly but you cant, and i cant find a ready loaded sonic 3 and knuckles probably isnt one. so worth waiting for the ds collection just for that as its much better than just sonic 3 on its own. especaly if you are still having problems with jenisisDS and only really want to play sonic games on your ds.

3. Sinister Swiss

Sinister Swiss Active Member

Yep, my R4's exactly the same as yours, with YSMenu on it. :D

I'll give it a few more tries and if not, wait to see if there's an R4 fix for Classic Collection.

4. ollie809

ollie809 Active Member

will be a long wait if sonic stars racer isanything to go by lol

5. Sinister Swiss

Very good point. XD

Also, here's a print screen of my R4's SD Card. Can anyone tell me what's wrong? :p

[​IMG]

(Sorry about sizing if it's too big...)

6. ollie809

ollie809 Active Member

i cant see wot mine looks like at the moment as my card reader is playing up but from wat i can rember as long as the genisis roms are in a separate folder inside your JEnisisDS folder then it sholud be ok have you patched the jenisisDS with the right dldi (not sure if you need to on an r4 card)

7. Jhon 591

If it is a R4 original , I don't know why

r4dldi.dat , r4patch.dat , r4tf.dldi , ysmenu.ini is out side of its TTmenu folder for

Bin the rest of them, and dldi folder

Got nothink to do with the emulator though

If its a R4 SDHC then leave it as is...

But if you boot jEnesisDS.nds they is no resion why it should crash
    Post Merge: [time]1267815899[/time]
    Be sure to backup games and saves, and have your old firmware backed-up

The only way you can test if its a R4 original , format your microSD card and try this ysmenu

DSTT v1.17a12 YSmenu For R4 Original Users , Updated 2010/03/03

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wnmqtznmijt

8. ollie809

ollie809 Active Member

the only jenisisds thing on my ds are the app and the read me file in a folder and in a sub folder called roms are the roms. that is all nothing in the root

9. Sinister Swiss

In my haste I accidentally deleted my DSMENU.Dat file. >_<

While I'm re-downloading it, do I actually need it to get YSMenu to work? I've been assuming I've had it but I don't think the menu layout was any different...

I really appreciate your help btw. :D
    Post Merge: [time]1267817177[/time]
    Plus, I just tried loading jEnesis again, and a pop-up saying "Creating TTMENU.SYS" or something came up for a few seconds, then disappered...leaving me with the normal crashed DS. :(
    Post Merge: [time]1267818149[/time]
    HALLELUJAH!! I finally got YSMenu to actually change something on my DS, and now jEnesis loads up perfectly. :D

Still, I can't seem to get any decent ROMS to work...? Is it SMS or GEN files I need? I've tried both and nothing in the Games folder in jEnesis shows up. :(

10. Jhon 591

It should loadup also BIN files , I means megadrive or .sms master system games

You loacte where you have put your rom , in any folder you have placed them in

Don't try to run a nintendoDS game .nds

Just a megadrive game .bin or .sms or .gen
    Post Merge: [time]1267819296[/time]
    Megadrive games

http://www.coolrom.com/roms/genesis/s/

11. Sinister Swiss

Thanks for the help, finally got Sonic Compliation running...shame it doesn't seem to run too well.

Sprite screw-ups, fast music and bad frame rate on this .bin file I have. Is it worth trying another?

Also I downloaded Earthworm Jim but it was in about 8 .gen files? Do I just copy every file to the R4?

Thanks again. :D

12. Jhon 591

No just one of, mabe just [!]

ApprenticeMinusDS Has some emulation setings at start , mabe you could try that

Don't run to well has nothink to do with the rom, Just the emulator...

The PC emulator will play the rom perfect

http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/genesis/

13. Deep Blue

Deep Blue New Member

Downloaded rocketknight(best game ever!) of coolroms and the sound isn't on. Is this normal?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.