1. This forum is in read-only mode.

GTA:IV any good?

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Tomoka, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

i'm thinking about buy grand theft auto IV today...and am wondering if it's any good ??? i am also planning on buying the expansion packs for it to (via xbox live...) so is the game worth it like San andreas was? cuz i loved San Andreas, and am gonna download it with the soon to be mine microsoft points ^_^ so is IV(4) any good? is it worth however much it costs?

2. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

It's nothing like GTA:SA, if you did any research, you'd find that out. Look at game reviews of the game, it's not that hard.

General consensus is that it's good. Vanilla GTA:IV should cost around 20-30$ I'd imagine (I think it's the greatest hits lineup).

3. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

i know they're nothing similar in story -.-" and what' a "vanilla" GTA:IV? and price is decent...so i'll buy it just for the fun of shooting people in the head >:D

4. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

I don't think its as good as san andreas.
    And its really hard to like the main character.

5. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I mean in gameplay and style. GTA:SA is a lot more arcadey and more RPG-like. GTAIV throws it all out the window for the sake of realism and a realistic narrative.

Vanilla GTA:IV is just GTA:IV. Vanilla _____ is a fancy way of saying just the game with no expansions or patches.

6. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

hmmm...so it's something new to try! XD
    hmmm...well...i'm buying the expansions to, so what difference do those make? and thanks for explaining that :p

7. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

The expansions take place during the story of GTA 4, but have different main characters. They add cars, weapons, etc. I enjoyed GTA 4, i liked the story and characters, though the cars can be a little hard to handle at first. Liberty City is huge in 4, you can hail taxi's and such which makes traveling around a lot easier.

Vanilla is just a way to say that it's the normal game, without any added expansions or mods. It seemed to have caught on within the past few years, now everyone and their mom uses it like it's the new cool thing.

8. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

hmmm...very interesting...now to hope my dad gets home in the next 5min so we can go to bank and get some money T_T more than likely won't happen...

9. phscarface

phscarface Well-Known Member

It's very relative my friend, the game is good as bad, depending on the person that play it, I personally loved this game, cuz it's about THE AMERICAN DREAM, which is more like a nightmare, the phiscs of the game is very incredible, the effects and there's no loading time when you enter the interiors of a house or even cruising from island to island.
    Also is cool Niko Bellic's accent like when he gonna say "Shut up" is more like "shadap" and the terrorism threat in the States due to the September 11.
    People got scared when they see a imigrant and think he's a terrorist, haha tipical North America ^^
    And the Stention pack Episodes From Liberty City is very good too, I played 'em all.
    I say it worth the price.

10. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

^_^ i know what i'm buying!

offtopic, remember me yet?

11. garychencool

garychencool Well-Known Member

its awesome

12. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

details please?

13. phscarface

Why don't you look for some vídeos of gameplay in youtube?
    I bet you gonna find more detais, besides, a video explain alot more than words.

14. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

hmmm...don't like videos...and anyways, there's always some kinda crap music with them ».»

15. phscarface

I gonna put here the oficial trailer, if you don't like the music in it, then you ain't gonna like the game, cuz it's the game's music.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US9ue4_YHvI

16. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

I LIKES! ^_^ looks great! i think i'll buy it....

17. phscarface

That's great, I wish good buying and good playing, have fun, also play online ^^

18. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I personally was very disappointed. graphics are great, physics are great, AI is great, story is great, but once you complete the story, that is it. There is nothing left to do. There's no stat building, no businesses to buy, no safehouses to buy and no tanks to steal and wreck havoc on the city. It's easy to accumulate shedloads of money and theres nothing to spend it on.

19. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

OH GOD NO!

[me=hYpNoS]removes game from bargain wish list[/me]

20. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

OH GOD....maybe i won't buy it ».»