1. This forum is in read-only mode.

GTA: Chinatown Wars Notice

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by anandjones, Mar 14, 2009.

1. fredo96

fredo96 Guest

ahhhh i think i have found the main topic of discussion about the GTA Rom, i've been looking for a while! (if there are any other please let me know ;) )

anyway yhhh, i tried to use assops thing, he's talking bull crap, it dont work.

i have an m3 simply, but i am using the r4 latest kernal converted into m3, so the r4 solution will hopefully suit my needs (im not complaining im just searching)

i've played it on NO$GBA 2.6, n its not bad, if u wanna download NO$GBA just search in google.

2. [Game|Freak]

[Game|Freak] Well-Known Member

Okay the results are it's not the save file because Romulation has one and it does not work and it's not a privacy issue but most likely a firmware issue so all we can do is wait and besides I thought the release date is around next week?

3. exodia910

exodia910 Active Member

When I convert it from DS linker to R4, it just says the save/bookmark archive is broken or something.

4. jetfighter

jetfighter New Member

I just played it in NO$GBA (freeware version). Seems like a good DS game.

5. fredo96

fredo96 Guest

same jetfighter, i stopped though cos i want to play it on my r4, so i am waiting for an answer to our prayers!

6. exodia910

exodia910 Active Member

How do you work it on the NO$GBA, It still gives me the save data error in the beginning.

7. rubbie

rubbie Member

ur download is an invaled link >.>

8. Troublesome222

Troublesome222 Well-Known Member

Can anyone get a version of this working on CycloDS?
    I'm sorta stuck without that.

9. ssheretic

ssheretic Member

Its not MY download and it used to be valid +/- 10 minutes ago...

10. joelxxl

joelxxl New Member

Hey can anyone upload the working version for R4?? (Arm7 fix).

11. fredo96

fredo96 Guest

@ exodia910 you just have to click on that screen, and it goes into the game :) (i got stuck there too!!)

@joelxxl There is no working version for R4 so far, the Arm7 fix only fixes the game loading problem, it then freezes after you choose a save option. We just have to wait.

12. jakob95

jakob95 New Member

I tried the Save data from No$GBA and I converted it to 512kb and then put it in my R4 but then it still doesn't work and makes me start a new game and when I press OK and press AutoSave Yes it freezes. So the Save data from No$Cash GBA Doesn't work.

13. fredo96

fredo96 Guest

@ jakob95 yes we know, lots of people have tried this. including me, i even made 3 or 4 arm7 patches before realising that wasn't the problem lol.

14. Zoidberg56

Zoidberg56 Active Member

how strange I just checked my .sav file for it and its 512kb

15. rubbie

rubbie Member

you upload it?

16. fredo96

fredo96 Guest

@ Zoidberg56 flash card or emulator? r4 and similar save files are always 512, thats the problem. also if u convert the NO$GBA save file into r4 it will always be 512.

@rubbie its not, it was on another forum, i have downloaded it and would re-up it for you, however i tried it and know it doesnt work, so i don't really see the point.

17. mariebb

mariebb Member

my sav file on my r4 is also 512kb

18. Sjoeter

Sjoeter New Member

This Sucks! the reason i bought an R4 was for GTA Chinatown Wars
    i use an R4 clone: R4III Update (www.r4dsl.net) . tried every so caled "fix" but noting
    works even the hacked r4 firmware doesn't do squat.
    keeping my fingers crossed for an patched rom or an firmware upgrade.

Game looks great though, just watched the opening credits with no$gba-2.7.

19. Ronin_one

Ronin_one New Member

i have an m3 ds real and any version does not works with any sava and any patch. HELP! without playing cw on my ds i will be completely mad!

20. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

read the damn message on the page. It DOES NOT WORK ON FLASHCARTS AT THIS TIME. god damn, it's not even officially released yet and you people are already moaning.