1. This forum is in read-only mode.

GTA: Chinatown Wars Notice

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by anandjones, Mar 14, 2009.

1. HellsingDog

HellsingDog Active Member

Hey, um, I'm not good at all those tech patchin stuff, and I dun wanna go destroying my gta copy - ur prepatched file link doesnt seem to be working - mind putting up another one? I really want to play it, and im kinda broke righ now.

2. FREDDY101

FREDDY101 New Member

im using an r4 and it sais that data could not be accesed where do i download the ARM7+ARM9 things pls post a link
    Post Merge: [time]1254697596[/time]
    thats great but how to do it?

3. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Get a usrcheat.dat from http://cheats.gbatemp.net/, and enable the fix code while playing. For issues on cheats not appearing, read the Common Issues. https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0

4. arcimago

arcimago New Member

i have set fix code on cheats menu but... It says that the game can't load the save... The classical error. Please,upload a version already patched.. Please.
    Post Merge: [time]1254763791[/time]
    up.
    Post Merge: [time]1254770797[/time]
    up...

5. mshitzu

mshitzu New Member

Thx AnandJones

6. Antonny Saputra

Antonny Saputra New Member

hi, i'm new to the forum.

has anyone ever find
    their GTA CW save file gone as if you never saved before (have to play from the beginning) but your new game is still unable to save, and suddenly it crashes and the entire game on you memory card is unreadable by your DS.

it happened to me and i freaked out. i brought it back to the shop i bought my EDGE from and they replaced the EDGE and the 2gb micro SD that came with it.

is this a patch issue ?

mine's an EDGE with its newest firmware 1.5

7. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

You can patch the game and yes it dose work on R4, But i have no problems with the non patched game with ysmenu for r4 original!

8. LeRodeur

LeRodeur New Member

Hi,
    For 3 hours trying all issues to make game working on my m3 simply (R4).
    I tried to launch game with cheat fix, activated it, but it still don't work. Can't access data :-\
    Patched rom works but there's no wifi so does someone know why cheat code dont work for me?
    Thanks

9. I replaced the arm.7 and arm.9 files and it didn't work. What should I do?

10. iCmgFTW

iCmgFTW Member

I am using YSMenu, which was given to me by a link from Jhon. GTA Chinatown Wars workes unpatched with YSMenu for R4.

11. black dragon 1

black dragon 1 Well-Known Member

First you get the newest firmware.
    After that you only patch the arm7 file NOT the arm9.(it's not neccesary)
    Then it should work.
    Good luck

12. username

username Member

were can you find on the r4 the arm7 and arm 9 binary files on the ds menu

13. Emmaus

Emmaus Member

does that mean that current r4s are made by a miscellanious company?

14. black dragon 1

black dragon 1 Well-Known Member

You don't. You have to do it on the computer and use the DS-lazy program or Max Crash-method

15. dwardell@cnm.edu

[email protected] New Member

has aneyoue tried using Grand_Theft_Auto_Chinatown_Wars_USA_NDS-XPA

p.s
    im using no$gba

16. anjel9irl

anjel9irl New Member

Does anyone know where I can find a prepatched ROM to download for R4 v1.18? The link at the beginning didn't work.

17. garychencool

garychencool Well-Known Member

there seems to be an error when playing GTA:Chinatown Wars, the lighs (e.g. ligh bulbs, car lights, etc.) are messed up. I've tried every download on romulation. Any help/ideas?

18. Altarius95

Altarius95 Well-Known Member

Is there a better link to the pre-patched? I clicked the link and it said it can't find it. =/

19. iluvgtavcs

iluvgtavcs Guest

Check out iNfInItY's AR code at www.gbatemp.com. I used it and the game worked!

20. ndholyoak

ndholyoak Member

Helped a lot thanks :D