1. This forum is in read-only mode.

GTA: Chinatown Wars Notice

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by anandjones, Mar 14, 2009.

1. lisa1234

lisa1234 New Member

is there any way of it working with Cyclo DS, ive updated firmware but it still won't go past the save stage

2. amano_itano

amano_itano New Member

Works fine.I found this thread very informative.

Many thanks.

3. HellBoyX1000

HellBoyX1000 Well-Known Member

Take the arm7 file from Bomberman2 (E) and put in the gta game....jeez...have you not got a 100% workin rom...
    Go HERE!!! for a 100% wifi working, save working tested on R4 working GTA!!

Please go to the link above the complete working version

VP

4. metaco

metaco Member

Does that mean Multi card works without freezing?

5. Jman2

Jman2 New Member

Ive tried patching the gta on my dstt and it wont work. it doesnt even show up on the card menu i do not know whether its because it hasnt got a folder or not. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP. or i might have to buy it

6. classicgamer101

classicgamer101 New Member

lets be honest the game isnt all that great! all this fuss for such a let down talk about anti climax lmao

7. Barathrum

Barathrum Well-Known Member

i disagree, this game was well developed, and has good gameplay

8. wardy150

wardy150 New Member

Can I just ask, when people are referring to the latest firmware of M3 DS Real, are they referring to M3 Sakura 1.35 from here:
    http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=89197

9. fredo96

fredo96 Guest

right, i have heard that you can ride in a helicopter, by using action replay codes. i have the codes, i used the action replay code manager and this other program to write these codes n make the cheat.dat and usrcheat.dat files that i needed. i dont fully get it, or what im doing wrong, but it doesnt come up with cheat for chinatown wars, but it does for other games.

im using R4 btw, firmware 1.18.

anyway i know it can be done, i think the game id is wrong or something, just wanted like, someones cheat.dat or summit.

10. deamon1311

deamon1311 Member

ok there is a action replay code.

the code will help the game work on dstt, r4,ezflash vi.

game id: YGXE dee4aa12

code: 020FCB3C 22329203

11. fredo96

fredo96 Guest

no no, i'm not interested in making the game run, i arm7'ed a long time ago, i'm halfway through the game. i wanted to know how i can add cheats for the game, like u can fly a helicopter. i have added the cheats, but the game isnt recognising the cheats

12. fredo96

fredo96 Guest

ok dont worry, i found out how to do it. if you want to fly a helicopter in gta chinatown wars, i made a video on how to do it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL4Hozw2mWU

13. barker

barker New Member

Beaten it in like 9 hours. But im still playing it... It's just fun to do GTA on you ds!

14. louisg

louisg New Member

Updated firmware on Edge, still wont go past the save file. Any ideas?

15. skelevisi0n

skelevisi0n Active Member

Just to say: I used the pre-patched ROM from here on my R4 and noticed terrible slowdown and pop in textures which i couldn't stand, using the AR cheats now and it is MUCH better, framerate is generally smooth and little to no pop-in as well.

16. PhreakyDude

PhreakyDude New Member

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? This game is AWESOME, and a post like that doesn't deserve to be on this board... I've been playing practically non-stop since I DLed the game!!! The patched version to works on my M3Real, but no Wi-Fi or multi-player... I'm about to try VampiricPadraiq's Wi-Fi version, and I'm quite hopeful. (Long pause...) GIGGITY GOO!!! Works like a charm. Thanks VP!

17. indianCHAN

indianCHAN Well-Known Member

Worked perfectly for me other than the no multiplayer. The game was a bit too easy though, and I eventually guessed the ending.

18. rachy72

rachy72 New Member

I have got a working copy of this, its already patched, grabbed it off another site, I'd like to know how i upload i to Romulation for others please ..

19. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

we don't allow users to upload to our site. Put it on a filehost such as rapidshare and post the link in the forum trading station.

20. heavyd1

heavyd1 New Member

Thanks for the link to the allready patched china town.