1. This forum is in read-only mode.

GTA: Chinatown Wars Notice

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by anandjones, Mar 14, 2009.

1. StellaCaelum5

StellaCaelum5 New Member

I'm using an original R4 card (only holds up to 2gb SD, no SDHC support) with kernel 1.18 and the pre-patched file works perfectly! Thanks!

As a side note, I've read online before that products used with the website "r4sdhc.com" are actually formed by some of the disbanded members of the actual r4 team. This is different than the "r4 ultra" or "r4 pro" or anything like that. So I think if you want SDHC support with the r4 that's your best bet. Otherwise the DSTT does a good job at just playing roms. It seems to be an all-around census though that the cyclo ds evolution is really the best flash cart you could buy- even though it's more expensive it's updated, supported and more than capable.

2. hello_hello

hello_hello New Member

where do u get arm7

3. jmzoakley

jmzoakley New Member

Please help, I have an R4 SDHC with v1.25 firmware, and 8gb Micro SD and I have downloaded GTA CW but it won't even show up in the games list when I run the DS. I have tried DSLazy with arm7 and arm9 files, I have tried it trimmed, untrimmed, patched, not patched and al the combos in between. Why won't it show in the list???

I have downloaded tons of games from here and they all work fine. This is the only one I can't even get my card to recognise.

4. Skane

Skane Well-Known Member

Ok mate, I have the same flashcart, but a 2gb SD card instead of 8.

1. Make sure you have the .nds file extension on the end
    2. Dont use DSLazy to do stuff you dont need it to do (trim, untrim) b/c thats just more stuff that can go wrong.
    3. Try to re-download it since you probly messed it up by doing all that stuff you did :p
    4. Use DSLAzy to ONLY unpack, (download the ARM7 and ARM9 patch shown on the front page of this thread)
    5. Copy the ARM7 and ARM9 files over to the unpacked rom
    6. Re-pack the rom
    7. Drag n' drop the new rom (should be 119.46mb) into your R4
    8. Try to view it again.

Hope that helped!

5. bullsai

bullsai New Member

here is a copy of the patched game the works on my R4 v 1.18 (and several other people's R4's as well.. i make no claims for any other cart)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M8MM93MU

6. wdiwfi

wdiwfi Member

I'm using No$GBA 2.6a and this is my settings:

http://img25.imageshack.us/my.php?image=38501118.jpg

When I tried to open GTA Chinatown Wars, it says " Saving. Please do not power off the DS or remove the Gaming Card" and the game stuck at that point.

The rom I've downloaded is the "Already Patched ROM" : http://www.sendspace.com/file/yzxx3n
    I've tried to open other games (Like Pokemon Platinum) and it works without any problems

Is it the rom or emulator problem? (I'm playing it in the computer. No using any stuffs like R4 and etc.)

7. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Just use the clean ROM for no$gba. Works fine.

8. nicky1isbest

nicky1isbest New Member

any 1 got arm9 patch or point me in right direction. just learnt how to unpack using dslazy and replace arm7. im bit of novice but dont like to give up

9. Nielonsx

Nielonsx New Member

i have pre patched version on my R4DS its V1.51 with 4gb card. i can play the game no problem, but when i re-enter the game again it says that the save file is corrupt and it needs to make a new one... any help is appreciated

10. frogpuppet

frogpuppet New Member

can someone help me with the game working on ttds please

11. wdiwfi

wdiwfi Member

Anandjones, it worked perfectly! Thank you~

12. pat raimondo

pat raimondo Member

anyone still complaining needs to read a bit!!!!!!!!!
    I got the patched rom from this forum the second it was out, works perfect on r4 1.18
    Ive bit my tongue long enuf!!! just so shocked ppl post their dramatic "not workings" b4 even reading anything,
    even pm me im glad to go in this forum, and send you the link to dl the patched rom,
    best ds game ever!!! if yer ish isnt working yet, you ddnt read enuf or its not going too!!
    I had to buy it from walmart yesterday had too support rockstar, mabee they will make more killer games like this, has something finally topped phantom hourglass? I say I think so?!!

13. jojobee

jojobee New Member

hey.just wanted to say thanks to everyone that has commented and who posted with useful info to get the game workin for guys like me.

14. combocardreader

combocardreader New Member

edge owns use edge just update on edge site and chinatown wars works =D

15. liquidsnake1

liquidsnake1 Member

i think cyclods is better updated it updated before i think

16. jmzoakley

jmzoakley New Member

Thanks for the reply. I tried that first, then when I've tried patching and trimming and whatnot I've just deleted the old rom and unzipped a fresh one to tinker with. I generaly keep the archives for backup and storage purposes. It feels like I've tried everything! Gonna try downloading a new one, see how that goes. Thanks again for trying to help.

17. Taqi

Taqi Member

This definately works on my cloned R4. The game is quite good, although wi-fi doesnt work. oh well

18. liquidsnake1

liquidsnake1 Member

u can get the patched wifi version

19. ultra3d

ultra3d New Member

wifi dont work on both ROMS (stadard and the suposedly wifi good)!

20. hotstuff

hotstuff New Member

Please help, I've been trying all sorts to get GTA to work with my CycloDS, i've updated it to firmware 1.54 but still can't get past where you choose your save file. I've read through loads of these pages but found no answer, can someone point me in the right direction? Many thanks