1. This forum is in read-only mode.

GTA: Chinatown Wars Notice

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by anandjones, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Rebelzource

Rebelzource New Member

Thanks, man!

2. sed1er

sed1er New Member

my game is working whoever wants to play online with me my FRIEND CODE is 442572627740 email me your friend code at my email [email protected]

3. DarkBlade182

DarkBlade182 Active Member

Online wi-fi is limited to IMing and trading.

4. NDSFanWithR4

NDSFanWithR4 Member

thx im going to try it right now for my R4

5. branraf

branraf Well-Known Member

aaaah, just completed it without the use of cheats ;D I'm actually surprised at how good it is, i must admit even i think it's one of the best GTA's out there and definitely the best game for the DS.
    Oh and for some reason i have a new friend code, don't know how ???
    Anyways it's 253594103751

Oh and what's up with everyone moaning about the r4 and the pre-patched rom, i use the YSMenu for the r4 and the prepatched rom and all works well for me, no problems now what so ever. Wi-fi works too but is limited to iming and trading :-\.

6. branraf

branraf Well-Known Member

Oh my god! important! Please read.
    For those who don't know why there isn't any head-to-head gaming over wi-fi that's becuase there isn't going to be and never was going to be...

Quoted from the R* website.
    Notice available locally via wi-fi, to your friends. I don't think you can play together by wi-fi, i think it neeeds to be over the DS' wireless. I'm gonna try soon, just gotta call some friends.

So with some clever writing did those bugger's at r* get us to believe something that wasn't true by using clever wording... well, we will soon find out.

7. jjdsplace

jjdsplace Member

not to sound dumb but how do i patch

8. skelevisi0n

skelevisi0n Active Member

I'm getting quite a bit of lag and pop-in at some points in the game. Is this just the game or something to do with the prepatched rom?

9. Naptha

Naptha Member

I noticed a delay in textures loading sometimes when using a rom that I patched myself. After updating to latest AKAIO firmware I'm now using a clean rom, and I haven't noticed the same thing happening yet...

10. skelevisi0n

skelevisi0n Active Member

How do I use a clean ROM with cheats? I have created a usecheat.dat, put it in my folder and enabled it in the ROM menu, but it just said 'the save data cannot be accessed.' I have an R4 with 1.18 FW, what am I doing wrong?

11. Trois_ans

Trois_ans Member

I have an AceKarg R.P.G, which is supposed to work, right? I've formatted and updated to the newest AKAIO Firmware and loaders but the game still won't make it past the "Do you want to enable Auto Save?" screen! I'm about ready to throw this sucker out the window, because the retail price in Aus is $69.95 :(

12. Skane

Skane Well-Known Member

Yeah one of my aussie friends lives in Brisbane, and he says DS games are way to expensive. Wii's are like 500$

13. Trois_ans

Trois_ans Member

$398, actually. I also forgot to mention that I'm trying to run a clean, unpatched ROM, because Acekards are supposedly able to.

14. Skane

Skane Well-Known Member

Well, with sales tax its probly close. lol Aren't wii games 100$?

Anyways, I think Ima forget about wifi right now, cuz all I really wanted was the Multiplayer WiFi co-op and deathmatch, and if that isn't gunna happen, then I don't need wifi for it.

15. Trois_ans

Trois_ans Member

You crazy americans, lol. Sales tax is already included in that price. And yes, lots of Wii games are $100. Screw this country. Still, no one knows why my Acekard refuses to play this? I don't want to try a patched version, I'd rather avoid the common graphics glitches.

16. cloud55

cloud55 Member

phew, i finally got my wifi to work
    My friend code is 253594305382, do add me ;D

17. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Stay on topic please. cloud, go post it in Romline Gamers instead of here.

18. Naptha

Naptha Member

Don't know about the RPG, but the Acekard 2 works with AKAIO 1.4.1 if DMA-Save mode is used instead of DMA mode (DMA-Save is the default in 1.4.1, so simply installing the firmware is enough for AK2s). However, the wiki says this about loading modes:

Now, DMA mode is no longer the default so the first sentence is no longer correct. However it makes no indication whether the other modes will now work on the RPG. I think if you can't turn DMA mode off, you might be screwed. :( But you could try holding X or A during loading just in case - the mode that works on AK2 is when the loading text turns green (which as stated is now the default as of 1.4.1).

19. liquidsnake1

liquidsnake1 Member

i downloaded the patched game for my bros r4 but the wireless doesnt work

20. liquidsnake1

liquidsnake1 Member

it doesnt let me open