1. This forum is in read-only mode.

GTA: Chinatown Wars Notice

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by anandjones, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Gui_Alferes

Gui_Alferes New Member

So, ALL the flash cards that aren't on thal list doesn't run Chinatown Wars? My poor little SUperCard MicroSD... :(

2. Atlnathics

Atlnathics Active Member

I can confirm the DS Linker has no problem playing this game.
    Juist changed save type to 64/512Kbit and it works.

3. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

I'm so jealous, The reason I bought the R4DS is because all I could hear about it was good things. Now they no longer do fiirmware updates or nothing. What's the point of selling it anymore.
    They've now left it for us to fix.
    Anyway played a bit of the game on the no$gba emulator and it was a great game, so I'll just go and buy when it gets released, unless there's a fix.
    I hope pokemon platinum doesn't have the same problem, but considering the japanese version works I don't think there will.

4. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

The R4 isn't actually sold any more, the so called R4 versions you see for sales are fake clones that take advantage of the brand, but it has nothing to do with the R4 team, it's not the same guys, not the same manufactures and not the same software running on it. Essentially, it's an entirely different flash cart that stole the brand.

5. tori93

tori93 Active Member

i'm using supercard microsd isn't it just the same as supercard ds one? its already at its latest firmware(1.85) and the convert software is 2.69. i tried it but it freezes after the save screen.

6. can it work on edge ds ?

7. sexywogboy

I believe that all is needed to play this game on an r4ds is, when the game is released, someone can backup the real save file of the game using EZ Flash V 3 in 1, and upload it so everyone can use it.
    If anyone thinks this is impossible to work please tell me why?

8. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

tori93: no.

9. rubbie

rubbie Member

so do you think it will be playable on r4 afther updates or somthing?

edit bit typos

10. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Updates to the clones, maybe. The original, no, because there will be none.

11. sexywogboy

Sorry to say but there's not going to be any updates for R4ds.

12. ssheretic

ssheretic Member

I've got the game running on R4 by using http://www.nbrew.nl/tutorials/item/3/ARM7-Fix-uitgelegd
    The game freezes after asking for autosave tough ???

oh and im using this SAV file: https://www.romulation.org/files/3517%20-%20Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20Chinatown%20Wars%20(U)(Xenophobia).SAV

13. rubbie

rubbie Member

i do atleast expect a patch for the rom then thats capable for the r4 >.>

14. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

unlikely, the original R4 is retired and unsupported, and the R4 team no longer exists.

15. sexywogboy

There won't be a patch because there's nothing wrong with the rom, there's no piracy issues, it's all about the save issues.

16. Woolie1994

Woolie1994 Well-Known Member

Does every flashcard team now has to make new firmware, because M3real just got one and I doubt there will be a new one soon... :mad:

17. rubbie

rubbie Member

i know thats thats kinda what i mean a patches/changed save file or w/e

18. fReeDooM

fReeDooM New Member

I have R4, someone bring a save file but it does not fit to R4, so i converter it.
    that should word?

19. Webpuppie

Webpuppie New Member

I have the Newer R4SDHC, its been good but I am looking to move on to a card with more future support for games like this. Any suggestions on which one would have the longest future life? Updates, etc? Even if it doesn't yet support this game but will.

20. candyman1124

candyman1124 Member

Man things are getting complicated now.