1. This forum is in read-only mode.

GTA ChinaTown Wars: Give your Opinions!

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by rush n kaos, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Barathrum

Barathrum Well-Known Member

Good GTA game, already 13 percent done.

2. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

Great DS game. Great mix between classic GTA and modern. Uses the full capabilities of the ds.

I was quite scepticle at first, but once you start playing you forget about the over-view 2d graphics. Personally I love the 2d graphics, it reminds me of the old days with the psx version.

3. Shadowtoka

Shadowtoka New Member

I thought it was a really fun game. It actually blew my mind when I saw how well it turned out on the DS.

That,and it has what I now consider one of THE best lines in a GTA game in it.

"Wow,now that I've joined this gang,all of my problems will go away!"

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

This game is kickass. I'm having a very good time with it. I haven't gone very far in the storyline really, just went on a few killings and drug dealerships. I also had a lot of fun with the 1st game on PC.

5. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

Downloading it now. Been waiting for this a LONG time. Fortunately, the EDGE team released a patch just for this game, so I'm not expecting a problem with it.

6. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

Oh alright I'll try that but there are too much sharp turns :p

7. pat raimondo

pat raimondo Member

my fav ds game to date, handheld carnage at its best!! how is nintendo gonna top this!!lol
    I have been pumpt 4 this game 4 a long time, It surpassed my expectations greatly!!
    the gameplay is smooth, the missions are fun, not too hard, hopefully I beat it soon so i can get back to my real life!!
    I prefer getting caught with drugs on the ds by far, the jail time isnt nearly as grueling

8. Jeevan2K8

Jeevan2K8 Member

its acutlaully alrite - fun with fire engine n shit - but cba 2 do missions ther al tha sme - has ne got ne cheats IF SOO TEL MEE :D ...

9. rush n kaos

rush n kaos Well-Known Member

i have no idea as to a single word you just said

either way, it's one of the few games on DS that gets close to perfection. sandbox type worlds are always fun

10. seventhsage

seventhsage Well-Known Member

personally i find it fun to just screw around, as i do inevitably in every gta game eventually. I'll start on a mission, get halfway through it and die, then i'll just go screw around for twenty minutes and try again. I loved the 360 version because you could cause the guy to fly out of the car, i'd do this off a dock a lot. The only thing i don't like about it is that the motorcycles, with the exception of the chopper, are almost impossible to drive. I usually stick to the police car, which i have in my garage, since it's fun to go hunt down the criminals for a change :)

11. icefire34

icefire34 Well-Known Member

lol i was surprised of how fun it was. its my first GTA game, so, i dont know if my opinion would be different if i played GTA 4 or whatever, but still, it's an awesome game and i play it for hours in the bus and even at home.

12. thoughtshark

thoughtshark Member

great game but whats the significance of the random people on the street that have arrows on them and show up as people on the radar? not the drug dealers but people on the sidewalks

13. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

if it's like GTAIV then they're side missions unconnected to the story.

14. haseoTOD

haseoTOD Guest

Great game, but too short. you can easily get rich by just selling some drugs at the right time. last mission is cool! but not gonna spoil it for you ;) And you will regret ever working for someone... It's not Kenny... or Chan... or Zhou... or Hsin...

15. rush n kaos

rush n kaos Well-Known Member

yea last missions are awesome. you do like everything you CAN do in the game

16. Jeevan2K8

Jeevan2K8 Member

im on like 60percent complete how do i make it 100 its getiing boring now ?

17. hurl3y1nt

hurl3y1nt Member

i love the cut scenes, they really do make me laugh.its great but yeah you're right about the game being short. definitely very limited and too easy with making the greens.

great game on ds but no san andreas

18. Wintrale

Wintrale Well-Known Member

I love this game - got it for my birthday on May 5th. Seriously, this is what GTA4 should have been... While it's easy to abuse the drug dealing minigame thing to rake in the cash and far too easy to get ammo, but who can say it isn't fun to hijack an Ammunation Van or drive around in a bulletproof Patriot as you're getting chased down by 5 or 6 Stars worth of cops? Add in a wealth of side missions that I don't think even San Andreas can match and the funniest story in GTA history (those cutscenes are just brilliant)... This is a killer app for the DS. Definitely.