1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Google Chrome or Mozilla?

Discussion in 'Computers & Modding' started by pow28, Oct 31, 2009.

1. phscarface

phscarface Well-Known Member

Chrome can be fastest, but Mozilla Firefox is safer than the others, as i said a page infected don't make any trouble to your pc if usin' firefox.
    So I Think: What's better?
    Speed or Safety?
    I prefer Safety, take more time to download a page, but don't get my computer infected!

2. Kaichi

Kaichi Well-Known Member

I used to be very stubborn on this subject. I dictated myself into not using any browser other than firefox, and I loved it. Though one day it just slowed down to the speed of a snail, so I switched to chrome. Firefox isn't having many issues now, so I like to use them both. Chrome is great for when firefox is having a bad day, and an overall excellent browser on its own.

3. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

That is a very baseless argument. Chrome is just as safe as Firefox, if not safer.

4. phscarface

phscarface Well-Known Member

Well if you call experience on both baseless, then it's baseless, but i've used Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozila Firefox, and i figured out by myself that MF is safer, 'cause i've tested all in every place.
    No ofense, but Chrome is just faster, not safer.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

you can't make statements like that without providing factual evidence to back them up.

6. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

How do you test how "safe" a web browser is anyways? That's definitely not something you can determine just by using it for a couple minutes.

7. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I've used all of those Web browsers equally and firefox suits my needs more than Internet Explorer or Google Chrome does altogether.
    Google Chrome is nice, but there is just something about it that makes me not want to use it.

And Internet Explorer won't even run on my OS (Linux)...i think? I use it on computers that don't have Firefox or Chrome and it runs as well as the system does.

8. gx280

gx280 Guest

I would use firefox. I have used chrome and it is fast and stuff. I still think firefox is better :)

9. snebbers

snebbers Well-Known Member

Even though Firefox is one of the web browsers that have the slowest picture rendering, action scripting, etc, etc, and comes with a multitude of bugs and errors. Not to mention it is also unstable. Although that information was from ages ago I admit, and I do erxpect things to be different now.

But then again when you think about it, it all depends on what you want to do when you are browsing the internet. Different browsers for different tasks.

10. Loonylion

I have never had any instability with firefox on any computer, and I've been using it since 1.4 and earlier.

11. callumsalter

callumsalter Member

Google chrome because it loads faster and i like to get online as quick as possible with no annoying toolbars and apps slowing my internet and browser down.

12. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

lolz I can see you choose that one :p

I'm now on FireFox... It just had a freaking error, solved it. But I have a feeling this browser isn't good for my PC and that that error comes back...
    I'm now on FireFox because Opera has an freaking error

13. Loonylion

Don't install the toolbars then. Seriously, its the fault of the user, not the browser, if theres annoying toolbars.

14. jonkswa

jonkswa Well-Known Member

i'm using i.e. but i also have mozilla firefox and it is AWSOME (great :)) i mostly like it because of it able to do javascript edits (whatever you call it :))

15. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Chrome has add-ons in 4.0 BETA series!

16. TomR

TomR Member

I use firefox but because it little memory hungry theres a setting you can change in about:config to make it less memory hungry.

17. GhanaChris

GhanaChris Well-Known Member

I guess MacUsers got to wait again a LONG time...

18. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Chrome get faster and update!
    And it is on a higher version then Firefox (if that matters....)

19. Snagg57`

Snagg57` Active Member

Google Chrome.

I've used it since it came out and i fell in love with it!

I don't know if it's just me but Firefox for some reason takes ages to load on my Win XP system (1-3 minutes)

I use Google Chrome because:

It is faster (Majority it is True)
    No add-ons (and those programs that ask you to install their tool bar our you can't use their product)
    Runs light on all Systems

20. Loonylion

It isnt. Not by a long stretch.