1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Google Chrome or Mozilla?

Discussion in 'Computers & Modding' started by pow28, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Oteupaiecona

Oteupaiecona Well-Known Member

I've tried Firefox and Chrome.
    But ultimately i sticked with Opera.
    It's fast enough for me (faster then Firefox was), i love the speed dial, and i like using google right from the address bar.

2. snebbers

snebbers Well-Known Member

I think I am liking the look of Opera at the moment, I'm pretty tired with Fx at the moment. it just seems so pointless. I tried speeding it up but instead it justs spells out fail. So I went back to IE7...

It'd be nice if people could give me some opinions on the different browsers without being too biased, of course. Take it into account that I only have 244mb of RAM and a single Celeron 2.49Ghz processor.

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

you need more ram, 512MB is a realistic minimum for XP. That will be a much bigger improvement than changing browser can be.

4. snebbers

snebbers Well-Known Member

I was going to get a custom built desktop with:

- Windows XP 64 bit edition
    - 4GB RAM Corsair XMS3 Duel DDR3 (1333Mhz)
    - AMD Phenom 11 X4 965 Socekt Am3 (3.40GHz/8MB Cache) - Black Edition
    - 750 GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s Hard Drive with 16MB Cache (7,200rpm)
    - 1GB ATI RADEON HD 4650 PCI Express (Older model series I know, but it will do all I need it to)

But then, I found out by the time I have the money for it, I'll be moving away and never get to use it. Or by the time I get it and move away for my job, A bigger better model would have come out (Not that it is great...)

5. Sabri23

Sabri23 Guest

I have Windows 7 laptop with Firefox And IE8 , but the last time i click more on the BLUE 'E' than i'l use firefox . But since version 3.5 of firefox it's become super bad for me . It freezed more for me , i had to download a load of add ons (flash , windows media plug in , shockwave player ) . Also the browser hangs a load of time for me . If you need a decent browser i should chose Chrome .
    If you use Windows 7 and Uses IE8 then you notice that the browser is not that bad .
    IE8 & Windows 7 = win :)

6. m3romz

m3romz Well-Known Member

Chrome. Big advertising for Google Chrome last weeks in The Netherlands 0.o

7. Sabri23

Sabri23 Guest

Yup , that's true . I'l see on the internet a load of ADS with Download google chrome . Google also putted Ads in newspapers from the Browser Google Chrome

8. Omega_2

Omega_2 Strings Cat

Chrome, nuff said.
    Firefox became shIternet Explorer's obnoxious roomie.

9. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Haha, that's a good one.

Please tell me you're joking.

10. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

I use Chrome for traditional web-browsing. Firefox is too slow and heavy to be the best choice for simple tasks like that.

11. Omega_2

Omega_2 Strings Cat

Firefox has let us down, and we've moved on a long time ago.

12. Sabri23

Sabri23 Guest

Me 2 :( . Since version 3.5 it become teriible bad ! :(

13. Omega_2

Omega_2 Strings Cat

It started after 3.0, IIRC; most plugins would continually fail to function, mostly because they were 'out of date' and the devs did not want to conform to the broken 'standard', which they eventually had to.

14. Theres nothing wrong with firefox after 3.5! something in ur pc might be clashing with it

15. Paddette

Paddette Well-Known Member

I use Chrome. I did use firefox and I.E for work purposes, but seeing as I neither need them for work any more, I can use Chrome. Chrome also took on the whole "we want to customize" deal, and has applications and themes, now.

All in all? Chrome is a clear winner. Taking up barely any ram with 9 tabs open and two of which are video. I also love CTRL+B, to make it even more minimal :3

16. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I have no issues with firefox, even with over 100 tabs open.

17. Paddette

Paddette Well-Known Member

I don't have problems with it, either. I am just a pure minimalist freak, and firefox doesn't cater for tha.

18. Omega_2

Omega_2 Strings Cat

Firefox is no longer allowed in my family.

19. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

... I have no issues with SeaMonkey, FireFox is terrible here...
    Post Merge: [time]1261651059[/time]
    FireFox not allowed..? Its allowed here, but I may not go on RomU with FireFox, with 1 reason :(

20. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

With your beefed-up pc, it's not a surprise :p