1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Good FPS Games for PC?

Discussion in 'PC' started by DragonQuester, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Halo series is like almost ever other damn FPS, so slow and boring. Only game that almost measure up to Urban Terror is Unreal Tournament - the first one.

2. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

lol I already have Unreal Tournament GOTY which is awesome, and only 300 MB or so! :D But thats the only SMALL game I have on my PC

3. HaloX5

HaloX5 Member

Yeah =/
    I used to think Halo was "super awesome" but it got boring eventually.
    I only ever play Halo 3 online with friends nowadays.
    But it is a great game to play online with friends. Really fun.

And the first Unreal Tourney was a great game. A real classic =D

4. Datanotfound

Datanotfound Well-Known Member

I also found Halo to be a bit depressing after all the hype it got. Maybe I was just jaded to the original Unreal Tournament (which is still a blast =p)

5. DragonQuester

Yeah the original Unreal Tournament never gets old... and all of my noob friends play at school on the computers with their DEMO :D They all fight each other in the lobbies and when I come in, I dominate! Muhahaha!

6. Gietz

Gietz Well-Known Member

Get Steam
    Buy the orange box
    Enjoy

7. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Doesn't, work in some cases because the CD used was only for single player...

8. Gietz

Gietz Well-Known Member

Torrenting Left 4 Dead is stupid. You miss out on co-op online and vs mode, unless you wanna hamachi with someone, and chances are they will have a legit steam copy, and prefer to play online with other legit buyers

9. Datanotfound

Thanks for telling me I'm stupid because I can't afford to buy a video game? I find it enjoyable with just single player, sure I can't go above hard thanks to the lackluster AI of my team, but that fits me just fine. I just play Left 4 Dead in a little bit of free time I have, I hardly ever complete a whole campaign in one sitting, which would annoy online player I'm sure.

10. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

He didn't say YOU were stupid, he said it was stupid to torrent a game and miss out on the multiplayer, there's a huge difference between the two.

11. Datanotfound

It still sounds negative towards me anyway I put it in my head, but then again I've been dealing with a very needy newborn all night and my nerves are pretty shot. Sorry if I over-reacted, guess I can't expect everyone to enjoy the game the same way I do, but I didn't expect to be criticized for it. Sorry for disrupting the thread Dragonquester, and don't torrent Left 4 Dead.

12. DragonQuester

Well My dad made me delete all my BIG PC games so I wont be needing this thread anymore.. But Im just wondering, why wont you torrent it?

13. Gietz

Gietz Well-Known Member

If he torrents it he'll miss out on all the fun of it. Left 4 Dead is a CO-OP multiplayer game. Once you've experienced it online, offline singleplayer is just boring. It gets rid of the teamplay element. It also makes the difficulty very abuseable

14. DragonQuester

so if i was going to torrent it, i wouldnt be able to go online and play Co-op?

15. DeadVirus0

DeadVirus0 Member

I don't know about under 3GB, but I sometimes feel like an advanced FPS scholar.

You should really disregard under 3GB.

Good modern FPSs:
    -Call of Duty 4: The single-player campaign is amazing. It's action packed without getting on your nerves. And if you're looking for a challenge, the harder difficulties really put your skills to the test. The multi-player is incredible as well. You may find the occasional douche-bags, but a good team and go a long way. The leveling system they use is also really addicting.
    -Crysis: I got a new gaming rig specifically designed around running Crysis at Very High settings without so much as a hiccup. I succeeded and this game effing rules. The single-player campaign is awesome for a while until you encounter aliens. But it picks right up again. I've beaten that game about 4 times. I haven't tried the multiplayer at all because I'm at college and our connection to outside places sucks for 95% of all games. CoD4 is one of those exclusions.
    -S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: The STALKER series is incredible if you can get past the instability issues. It's like an action-adventure FPS with survival-horror influences. Everyone I've talked to who've played Shadow of Chernobyl all agree: Bloodsuckers make you shit bricks. Clear Sky is better in terms of looks and NPC interactions but lacks some of the underground scariness you get from Shadow of Chernobyl.
    -Deus Ex: The first Deus Ex probably matches your criteria for being under 3GB. Deus Ex is seriously the best game ever made. Do other games look better? Yes. Do I prefer other games to Deus Ex? Sure. But has any game come close to the excellent story-telling, intricacies, character dynamics, and mostly open-endedness? Hell no. When it came out it was voted game of the millennium and for good reason.

16. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

no and its what i have said many times across many threads hang on if i look i could qote myself saying it one page back from this one
    hey look i did say that.

torrent any game you like but buy L4D its worth it

17. Gietz

Gietz Well-Known Member

Buy any valve game instead of torrenting. They are all pretty fun

18. DragonQuester

well if my dad were to let me get large games on my pc again, i guess i would only torrent single player games but as for multiplayer, i'd might as well just buy it... :D Yay, I think I get the point