1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (U) | Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by meganova, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Boyav

Boyav Well-Known Member

ohlol, i didnt know that was the starting character's default name :p well, what about amiti? not everyone's there

2. Iast

Iast Member

hey is this gme hve a patch?
    i cant play it on my (fake) R4.
    i riilly want play this game! please help me

3. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

Set the Alchemy Well back to normal, then go talk to Paithos.

Pretty sure all of those Psynergies are signature to the classes and characters required, so Djinn shouldn't be a problem (except Protect for Tyrell iirc, he'll probably lose that to a Djinn Blast). As long as you have an average of six or seven Djinn on each character you should be fine in that sense. Just make sure they're the correct element (Earth for Matthew, Air for Karis etc).

4. Ravte

Ravte Well-Known Member

Addicting, fun, entertaining and way too easy game so far. I'm running through the dungeons and bosses, when I met the sand prince, I thought that was my first boss but I think it shouldn't be.

I think I got past the working forge quest before my DS ran out of battery last night.

Couple things I'd like to clear out here if you guys could gimme an advice.

1. Is it more efficient to spread the djinnis according to the right elemental adept. (wind for karis etc etc) Or
    are there some sort of combinations with different elements on one charracter that together combined have an optimal psynergy-set/class?

2. So yeah, I'm still having hard time understanding the idea how do the psynergies in combat work, when you use an djinnin for an attack, I know it goes on standby and once you summon it, it has to recover. But being in standby, it has a change on my charracters available psynergies. How exactly does this work?

PS. I've yet to die in this game, none of my charracters have so far, does it come out as this easy to you guys too?

5. Boyav

Boyav Well-Known Member

6. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Just beat the final boss.

For it i basically just kept using The venus djinn that takes all the damage, Crash or something, and Shell, using one, then the other the next turn while i used djinn's on my other characters so i could summon, Made the battle so much easier. Sadly this really is the only hard battle in the game, this and the 3 enemies that toss psy grenades when you first fight them early on in the game.

7. Boyav

Boyav Well-Known Member

yeah those guys are such douches, also, i just beat (not sure if this needs a spoiler cuz its kinda expected)
    Blados and Chalis. those guys were SUCH DOUCHES.

8. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Pewter is funny. I hope all Djinn will be like him. xD

9. Boyav

Boyav Well-Known Member

This game is so sad... who were those 2 people who got buried after the scene at the opera? I'm a bit confused. Also, the 2 new Summons are pure EPICSOSS.

10. Suiseiseki

Go fight Dullahan, Ancient Devil and Ogre Warrior.

I believe you get the best overall setups by using the correct elemental affinity. The switching around will let you retool characters for a certain purpose, though.

Characters gain certain Psynergy based on the Djinn set to them - Matthew needs six(?) Venus Djinn set to him to gain the Revive Psynergy. By using a Djinn and bringing it to Standby or Recovery, the character loses all bonuses to their stats and Psynergy until it is set on them again.

It's reasonably easy until the endgame.

11. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

ok, the only hard story boss

12. AnimeLovee

AnimeLovee Well-Known Member

Iris summon was the most intense thing evaaaa!

13. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

I prefer Catastrophe in terms of eye candy. C:<

14. AnimeLovee

Catastrophe has a nice sword, hehe

15. Ravte

Ravte Well-Known Member

Thanks for the answers, I'd like to ask one more thing and them I'm done here.

Are there some djins which become unreachable after certain event in the game, I've skipped like 1-3 djinnis because I was too tired to figure out the puzzle to get to them, or are they all backtracable?

16. Suiseiseki

Some of them are (to the best of my knowledge). I haven't tried heading back to Patcher's Place post-game though, so I can't confirm it.

17. Boyav

Boyav Well-Known Member

Oh my god, my party members are dying ALL the time now. Seriously, ever since
    the Luna Tower apocalypse thing, Amiti and Karis have been dying a lot. Twice already, in fact. And I just got the eyeball thing. My current party is Amiti, Karis, Eoleo, and the main character.

18. AnimeLovee

Is it possible to go back to patchers place, i missed like the Djinn there ):

19. Reider

Reider Modereider

It works a lot better on the latest version of desmume if you care to try that in the meantime. Still plays pretty crappy though.

20. Boyav

Boyav Well-Known Member

Where the hell is the map that let's you find the umbra gear? I already got the hat, the gauntlet, the knuckle and the cloak by pure guesswork and looking around. Where's the frigging map?