1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (U) | Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by meganova, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

Am done with this game after finally beating the superboss...

2. Boyav

Boyav Well-Known Member

dude. not fking cool. edit that name out. sheesh

3. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

Remove the quote

4. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Lol at both of you.

and..
    WHAT EXACTLY I NEED TO DO DURING THE AYUTHAY EVENT?
    I leave the game for 2 days, but forgot what should be done there.
    Killing monster? I guess.

5. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

Gonna add a spoiler box.
    After leaving Passaj you have the objective of visiting both sities and getting the Sol Mask at the ouroboros temple below the city of Kaocho.

So first go to Kaocho, talk to the king and the strange lady with it. You will get the Wo Letter/Message and you will be kicked out to a dungeon. Leave it and leave the city.
    Go to Ayuthay and shown the letter to everyone you need to. Use the wind ability to move yourself to the other side of the lake and shown it to the 2 idiot-generals.
    Afther that you will be able to explore the castle.
    When you reach a "strange-tree", use the Tree Flute that you got at Passaj from the boy who is always together with the old man.
    Them you will enter at the city of Ayuthay. Then just follow the chain of events.

6. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Ah, that 'item'. No wonder I'm not able to proceed.
    Many thanks. :)

7. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

They really need to stop doing the whole "Lets fuse to make a SUPER CREATURE" thing. Pretty lame after two previous times.

I spoiled the ending for myself, well, sort of, since I won't be able to play this game for at least another month or two. Either way, I find the journey to be far more important than the destination.

8. Boyav

Boyav Well-Known Member

I just got the
    Slap Glove, Sludge was
    an awesome boss.

Who else thinks Rief sucks ass? Also, love the levelup jingle. DUH DUH DAAH DUHDUH DUH DAAAAH

9. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

The good guys win

What a shock!

10. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Stan you know doing that here is no good, if you dont like the game (from what i read) you have no need to post.

Here...Im progressing slowly, but unlike the first 2 Im doing the puzzles without guides so early on.

Also thanks for that tip on the jinn up above :)

Any more missable jinns?

11. eliotie

eliotie Active Member

For those of you who finished, what level were your characters when you were beating the last boss?

12. Boyav

Boyav Well-Known Member

in terms of djinn, i think i have all of the djinns you can get without backtracking. in terms of tips, just keep your eyes peeled and try and remember where you saw them.

Just killed the friking Mountain Roc!

13. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

Level 47 highest (Matthew) to L41 lowest (Amiti). I had all of the Djinn, though.

The last boss was pretty brutal, lost half my party at one point before I figured out
    you can just put Sveta in Beastform to tank most of the damage, then drop a Weapon Grace on her from Himi. She'll end up dealing about 800 points of damage every turn. You can then have Matthew wailing away with the Sol Blade and Karis pumping out party heals, with your two Earth Adepts dropping Potent Cure as required (or you could switch Himi out for Rief/Amiti and use Ply Well/Pure Ply)

14. Boyav

Boyav Well-Known Member

thanks, now i know that i'm about halfway and ill have a party member called matthew. sheesh guys even some spoilers can be there. edit plz?

15. Suiseiseki

Matthew is Isaac's son and the beginning character. It's common knowledge, don't be so uptight.

16. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

I knew this and played about one minute of the game past the opening before I realized No$GBA couldn't play it worth shit. On the plus side, I'll be sending in my DS to be fixed soon, I may receive it back before Christmas by some fluke, then I can play Golden Sun DS FOREVA!

17. Suiseiseki

Just checked my method again for the final boss. Works fine, but
    it's good to have a Tyrell/Eoleo use Protect on the first turn before switching them out for Himi so you can use Weapon Grace. Whether or not you start with her is entirely optional; you'll be switching that slot around a lot anyway for extra party heals/Ply so as long as you get Weapon Grace on Sveta. A rough rule of thumb should be if Himi has better agility than Sveta, open with a Fire Adept in that slot. On to Ancient Devil and Dullahan!

18. koolenergy

koolenergy Well-Known Member

guys i need help...

well i just got the insight Mirror and soon after using Whirlwind Psynergy they told me to go back to paithon so i retreated and went back to him but nothing happened when i went back? did i do something wrong please help.... and i even saved infront of him so back tracking to that temple is kind of an uh... can anyone help?

19. Santaki

Santaki Member

To the poster above:

Now that you have the Insight Glass, there should have been a cutscene when you returned to the passageway between Ayuthay marketplace and Barai Pond. Once that cutscene is over, Amiti will leave your party. Automatic cutscene to Alchemy Well, time to exit Ayuthay ... so head up the stairs in the market, walk down, then run towards the center of the bottom screen (ladder). Climb up.

Words of Wisdom: Save your game when Amiti actually joins your party. (when he becomes playable)

20. eliotie

eliotie Active Member

I didn't have all the djinns so I think I was missing a couple of those spells, I just kind of leveled my second party.
    Kept on getting summons and beat it with just one death (my highest was lvl 53 lowest , which I didn't use, lvl 45 ) so yeah.
    Those soldiers before the final fight are great to train.
    Thanks for the advice though