1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (U) | Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by meganova, Nov 26, 2010.

1. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

I thought the game would be better.
    The gameplay looks similar to dragon quest IX, but DQIX is way better...

2. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

What sword does the Megiddo?

3. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

You mean a special skills you can get from equipment?

4. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

Yes, apparently, not same as the GBA Golden Suns with which you can choose Megiddo on your own.

5. Jason5877

Jason5877 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn Official Game Guide (PDF) (32.56 MB)

http://www.mediafire.com/?cod57ah10o6vbni
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=49SRENKA
    http://www.multiupload.com/BDGX8V5758

6. Takaichill

Takaichill Member

Did anyone already discover useful classes?

7. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

This game is fucking crap. in comparison to the first two

8. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

Opinions, opinions ::)

Btw, I found out why the review guy wrote strange sounds in the grades.
    That mountain temple music (before meet kraden) is just awfull.

Besides that the game is amazing.

9. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I picked the game up at Game Stop on release day. So far it's fun, very reminiscent of the first two so far. The local game stop had it under Pre-Owned games rather than new releases (I was trying to find it but couldn't). They corrected it after I had to get help finding it.

I stopped by Wal-mart today to pick up some food for supper and walked through the electronics/video game section (I always do when ever I visit). They had 15 copies of Dark Dawn, but they were buried on the bottom shelf, out of site. They usually have new games up on the shelf with a "NEW RELEASE" tag on them. But it seems they were hiding the Golden Sun game. I thought about telling them they should put it out on the shelf so people know about it, but no one was around and I wasn't going to hunt down a rep just for something like that. I went and got my flour milk and eggs and left.

10. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

Indeed, opinions.
    It's quite fun for me so far. May not be up to par with the previous entries in the series, but it's very fun itself.
    Also, the game looks stunning, especially battles.

11. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

Sol Blade, right?

12. Boyav

Boyav Well-Known Member

the game's epic. i just got the sixth party member. graphics are fcking sick.

13. meganova

I guess we just have to live with it. Haha.

Btw, in which order should I go for the Passaj event?

14. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter. you can't enter ayuthat without talking to the King at Kaocho first.
    Btw, there is a missable Jinn at the word map- forest west of Kaocho. Better pick it before crossing the mountains T_T (I just read the guide later).

So far so good, I got around 10~12hours of gameplay. I've just reach the first snow village.
    I also had to check up the guide for the first time to solve a puzzle, that points out the the difficulty is raising a bit (even if i am a bit dummy for puzzles >_>).

I can't say if its the "Best RPG on DS", but Golden Sun DS is surely one of the best released so far. A great addition to the end of the DS life.
    I highly recommend the people to stop reading that dammed FPS-Reviewers that don't know **** about RPGs and play the game.

15. meganova

Oh, I've just finished the puzzle at Passaj, so I shoul head back to Ayuthat(or whatever it is) right?

16. Zydaline

Zydaline Well-Known Member

If you've just finished starting the forge in Passaj, they'll tell you to get a mask. Then visit Kaocho and head to the palace.

(Not sure if you might needa talk to the guards at Ayuthay first though. STM.)

Poor guy better not play Xenosaga. It's more movie than game, especially 3.

But I think the reason the talking seems more prominent this time might be that the encounter rate seems to have gone down quite a bit. I get like...2 encounters in one dungeon sometimes? Whereas I'll be kicking ass left and right in GS2. Awkward balance this time's my opinion.

17. Boyav

Boyav Well-Known Member

i really dislike how some of the psynergies are one use, though.

18. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

I love the game so far....
    Except the psyenergy uses.
    It all happens to slowly, "move" and "grip" especially (so far).
    Also, the puzzles are dull.

Battles are extremely fun though, and as said before, the game looks stunning.
    Also, I like reading dialogue, so that's not an issue at all for me.

19. Boyav

Boyav Well-Known Member

the bosses are SO fun, srsly. also, love the djinn stuff (HARKINIAN METEOR)

20. dezmomo

dezmomo Well-Known Member

Haven't got it yet. I have an R4 Ultra. Are there any needed patches, or do I just download it from the first page?