1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (U) | Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by meganova, Nov 26, 2010.

1. sirauron14

sirauron14 Well-Known Member

Re: Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (U) | November 29th, 2010

i can upload it if he sends it to me i pmed u info if i can help.

2. SaiphCharon

SaiphCharon Active Member

you seem to have missed the fact that it's about dumping it from the actual cartdige, cause I don't understand how you could help with that over the internet o_O

3. sirauron14

no i thought that while uploading his internet might cut off but nvm

4. SaiphCharon

There are 2 games for the GBA:
    -Golden sun (sometimes called The Broken Seal to distinguish it from the sequel)
    -Golden Sun: The Lost Age

They were originally meant to be one game, but they needed way more space than a GBA rom could offer.
    So they explain one story and are rather confusing if not played one after another, since TLA starts exactly where Broken Seal says "to be continued", but with the amazing twist that you play as the people you believed were the bad guys in the first game.

Dark Dawn, on the other side, plays 30 years after the events of these games, following the kids of the original cast of characters.

Since alot of people haven't played the old games, the creators considered that and built in an encyclopedia that you can open to check the background or story about it from the original games. Like, if someone mentiones a person, you could tocuh that name and it would add info about them to it for you to read in case you are clueless to who it is, but are supposed to know. Am curious how that'll turn out :)

So you don't really need to play the original games first, to understand what's going on.

But I'd really suggest to anyone to do so. I replayed them like once a year since they came out and they're still my favourite RPGs.

I'm really curious if Dark Dawn is as epic as the originals were, as I can't imagine that o__o

5. MohsinMVP

MohsinMVP Well-Known Member

This game is not getting any hot reviews.... but then again, critics are not always right.

6. SaiphCharon

I saw the IGN review and, frankly a kid could have written such a review without even playing the game.

I mean seriously, they dislike that it's not mostly a grind and that the characters talk too much. We knew 7 years ago that if there was ever a new GS game the characters would talk alot, since the story was really important in the other games too.

Actually
    http://boards.ign.com/golden_sun/b5264/197827043/p1/
    The posts there show quite well what I mean.

7. DSfanforever

DSfanforever Well-Known Member

*DSfanforever likes this

oh boy, i can't wait to play this :)
    only two days until it's realesed in usa!!! ;D
    it's been so long since the golden sun two game in 2003, which i haven't beaten yet, :eek:

this will be asweome :) i hope you can link your other gs games with this for special unlocks or such. ???
    Post Merge: [time]1290876495[/time]
    what a bunch of Bumbs, they don't know an awseome game when they see it, golden sun gba games were the best, maybe lot of text but its part of the story, in rpg story plot, hints and such matter, they don't know what their talking about.

8. Amplifier19

Amplifier19 Well-Known Member

i've never played a golden sun game but from what i can tell everybody loves them :) XD

9. sirauron14

any progress?

10. kenshin04

kenshin04 New Member

I love this game series(can't say that enough) but if I were to nitpick I can understand the too much text thing to be a turn-off for the game. I have been playing the Japanese version of this one and yeah like the other two it is text heavy and to say that gives it a deeper story is a meh moment. The reason I say that is sometimes it seems like what they are saying can be abridged and it still make sense, you still get the story, keep it deep, and keep you coming back to learn more. It also seems like they could have taken a bit more of a "show don't tell" approach to the game with some of those situations. All in all its a solid game to me staying true to the series (which can be a for better or for worse situation) with a slightly easier difficulty.

11. majkelpajkel

majkelpajkel Member

Looks like it's been dumped

Golden Sun Dark Dawn USA NDS-RobotKillers

12. fireemblemfreak

fireemblemfreak Active Member

I already found it on youtube. and here now it works on AK w bypass enabled. hope the patched version is released for the others. Thanks for putting it here.

13. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

I'm going to have to say the game is great. great gameplay, good graphics (for an NDS game), AWESOME battle gameplay, but very long dialogue. it goes on forever. this is the only drawback
    8.5/10 for me

14. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

I'm having trouble with the "Fireball Psynergy".... how do I get it?

15. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

The game is just what I expected. hm. hm.

Just started it, let see if I can catch you up before you(or other) solved it.

EDIT:
    Ah, just reach that forest.
    If you had played previous GS before, basic way to generate new Psynergy is by equipping or Set certain type of Djinn.
    To get Fireball psynergy, just Set any of the Mars Djinn, which are Shine or Spark(or Torch) into Matthew.

The Djinn will only be in 'Set' status if there are no red glow surround it.

Karis won't learn it, since she is Wind Adept.

16. Shiokazu

Shiokazu Well-Known Member

thank you for uploading, testing it right now.

17. summerfield

summerfield Member

i think i will play GS2 before its too late...

18. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

Personally I dont.

I have dual opinions about GS. I loved Book 1 (beated it 100%!) but I hated book 2. I gave up in the game a bit after getting the slow ship.

Come to think about it, what does Dark Dawn remenber more? (I have R4, can't play it yet)

19. I doesn't work on my TTDS with firmware v6.40 :'(.
    iluvfupaburgers says that I must 'decrypt' it ???.
    What is that?

20. SaiphCharon

10 hours into the game and I love it. I could cry of joy :D