1. This forum is in read-only mode.

god, do you exists?!

Discussion in 'Debates' started by ultra, Feb 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ultra

ultra Guest

i was reading the creationist vs evolutionists thread and read some of the post and decided to make this one since everyone love the catholics.

i do believe there is a god because there has to be a higher being to be able to create life.
    for instance, for a cake to be existance [for cake to be made], there has to be someone to make it. if there is no one to make the cake, then the cake doesn't exists.

in addition, if god is non existant, what would the purpose of our existance, survival, thrive, etc.....

as a last note, we so far haven't discovered any lifeforms in outer space other then from hollywood studios. but if an entity lives, sush as a vulcan or klingon or even a being that is animalistic in character [such as aliens or the blob] would it change the meaning of our existance [to live, thrive, advance ourselves, etc....]?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

My gran makes the cakes, is she god?

3. airsoft1117

airsoft1117 Well-Known Member

I understand what your saying and I honestly don't know or don't care how we were created, just going all the way back to thinking how the universe was created makes my head spin. But all i know is that we're here and that at the end of the day is all that really matters...

4. Warren_303

Warren_303 Well-Known Member

I agree there has to be a god/holy ghost that created us. I disagree with the evolution from monkeys opinion.

As far as alien life... I'm very unsure about that situation.

I have a friend that told this very long story about his abduction when he was a kid that was crazy in detail.
    He is not someone who would lie about something like that either.

Also my girlfriend said that she saw an alien outside her living room window when she was younger.
    I have always said to her "is there any way it could have been an animal or illusion something else?" nothing else she says.

My dad told me once that most likely these alien type sightings could be illusions by demons and such to mess with us.
    His opinion but I could see how it could be since they show many people crazy things like hauntings and other similar madness.

But it is very hard to believe that the entire universe is lifeless besides earth.

5. desaze

desaze Well-Known Member

We didn't evolve from monkeys. Monkeys and humans come from another branch in the timeline.

It's also far from opinion since it's the only argument that has facts and evidence to back it up.

God and Holy Ghosts ect.. all require faith to be in existence. Faith is the absence of proof.

Similarly, faith is required for many of us to live our daily lives. For example, I have faith that when I wake up tomorrow, my house isn't on fire. Without this faith, I would never sleep.

However, applying it directly to scientific arguments or political issues is conflicting since "faith-based" choices of belief have no factual, testable, repeatable, or observable evidence.

The main problem with religious fundamentalists comes from the fact that they assume there is a god then demand you to disprove them.

Similarly, I could say that I assume that Warren_303 and ultra are actually giant over sized, under intelligent bacteria that mutated into what they are now. Prove me wrong.

I could say that apples are living, thinking, organisms that scream in horror as you chew into it's flesh. Prove me wrong.

I could also claim that the popular argument of the flying spaghetti monster very well exists and is really our god. Prove me wrong.

Then again, I could also point out that only 1/3 of the world is Christian/Catholic/TheyAreAllTheSameAnyways's, meaning somewhere along the lines of 2/3 of the world will go to hell and God is a massive bastard who knew this was coming.

God isn't even a theory... it's technically a hypothesis.

How do I know I'm right? Because I'm the only one with any proof.

Oh, and by the way, I'm agnostic atheist... I don't want anyone assuming what I am like most Christians/Jews/Buddhists/Catholics/Klingons that I debate against (which by the time you read down to this point, you probably already did.)

*note* Ah, don't you love it when I assume something about you?

6. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

i hereby quoting my self, have to modifie abit to suit this topic.

7. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Not everything requires proof to be real, like time, is it real? yes, but is there any proof? no, and the cake thing was just a comparison loony.. and what desaze just said is completely contradictory, if we didn't evolve from moneys, what other organism shares a similar body structure to us? Faith is the absence of proof, but is proof faith, or is faith proof? Apple have lives too, but we just can't hear it, is it faith to believe in such a thing? Plants have feelings too, is it faith or proof? Plants CAN help each other, faith or proof? This post is ridiculous, is this faith, or do you ahve proof? No president/leader is corrupt, it is only the followers who are corrupt, faith, or undenying proof? and is your proof proof or faith? you think you ahve proof? then prove to me what "Proof" you have about God's existance, Proof or faith.

And, Proof or Faith, I am a boy, do you have any physical proof to support that? no, because You might not know what gender I am, but I am a boy, but was that last sentence Proof, or faith?

oh and, If you don't understand that post, Is that Proof or Faith that I am dumb?

*Note: Don't you love it when I can be so demanding at times?

8. Loonylion

Time is not real, it is a concept invented by humans, it has no existence. As for the monkey question, something over 75% of our DNA (I think its like 95%) is identical to that of a banana.

9. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

[science]That just means that Humans, Monkeys, and Bananas came from a similar organism?[/science]

10. Loonylion

Presumably it means that all organic entities originated from the same source initially.

11. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

[religion]Maybe,since God is referred to as the person who makes pots, or compared to is more exact, we might be made out of the same material, with other extra additions to make us all different[/religion]
    [science]We may ahve come from one organism, yeah, but the problem was, was it bacteria? or was it something above our race, it may not be God, but it's nice to be insured when you die, it's better to believe and not go anywhere after death, or die, and find yourself in hell...yeah sorry about that last statement, got a little carried away. Anyways, try to understand what I just said, we can derive from one organism, or were genetically altered...by higher forms of life[/religion]

Wow...from science to religion...

12. calvin_0

faith and prove arent the same thing, faith is simply raw belief while prove is backed with physical evidence, and I can prove your gender IF you tell me your address....any gender in the internet is make belive, inother words faith faith.

as for time, check for Special Relativity Theory.

god is a being that simply people belive in, nothing more, and nothing much....i also show how questionable god is in my post.

Theory of Evolution says that all living being in current time is evole from a single celled organism, in other words, bacteria.

13. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

well, it may be possible that we weren't evolved, it just might be an excuse by the government, who amy have contacts from aliens, that the bacteria were somehow changed, or morphed into different types of life on their own..or I do know that evolution theory, and it does shwo taht we were evolved from prokaryotic organisms, aka kingdom Monera, and then we were chagned into more complex:protista, and then we split at protista, from the animal like, fungi like, and plant like, into the more complex, when they "Conjoin" together and form these complex organisms...to the kingdoms we have today...

14. calvin_0

fossil and dna evidence says otherwise

15. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

did you not read the otehr part, by which the government might be using that as an excuse? because things like taht are easy to fake, like I can say I'm a big muscular 7'7" 14 yearold, simple as that, there might be inside people... 8)

16. calvin_0

i do read your other part, but do you know what fossil is? do you know how it is been made? and all this stuff are control by NGO bodies not the goverment.

and we are getting off topic.....why do we even talk about the evolution here >.> we should talk about evolution on the other topic.

17. CloudBoy101

CloudBoy101 Well-Known Member

Hehe, there is indeed prof that we most likely evolved from monkeys. First off, us humans have 46 chromosomes in our DNA, monkeys have 48, that is an extreme similarity. Second, scientists have found remains of ape like men who hunched over as they walk, their head sightly bobbing up and down, similar to the apes we see today.

I don't believe there is a god mostly because lack of proof. I know what you're going to say, "you need to have faith" and all that, but if anything else is brought up that is in need of proof, then proof is the only thing that works, say, in a court of law. I know many a people who say their Christian, love and praise god and whatnot, then go out, do what they want, and fell great because they know god will forgive them. People like that truly make me sick.

Don't get me wrong, I think religion in general is a very important way of life for most people. It keeps them content, knowing that there is some greater being watching over them and that their going to a good place after death. I feel as long as I live life as a good person, whether I believe in a god or not, whatever is going to happen after death will be good

And of course Hell is just made up to scare you into thinking you're going to a bad place if you're not a Christian, you're going to burn for eternity in the depths of Satan's fiery prison. Just because our planet happens to have a hot ass core doesn't mean big bad Satan is chillin' out down there :D

18. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

I do know what fossils are...
    and how come Monkeys ahve 48 chromosomes? they don't look that much different to me..not an EXTREME diversity in them, while humans have alot ofdiversity, but *Shrugs* who knows about science, it's so complex :-\

19. CloudBoy101

CloudBoy101 Well-Known Member

That's because evolution takes millions of years for any significant change to take place.

20. Loonylion

Most of the time, but not always. Adaption can be quite quick. for example, consider these pictures:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Three pictures of the same animal, yet in two of them her fur is much darker than in the other. Some animals grow winter coats, but lions live in hot countries, so they don't; yet she does. Because she lived in a cold country when she was younger, she adapted and grows a thicker coat in winter, even though she does not need one where she lives now. If I remember correctly she was only two or three when she was taken to Africa, so that adaption did not take long at all. As the following picture shows, the cold did not really bother her:

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.