1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (U) | Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by meganova, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Asteroth

Asteroth Active Member

Well, ill usually dont like visual novels ( even the Ace Attorney series ), but Ghost Trick is simply awesome :) Love that unique art, the gameplay, love the characters - i cant stop playing it.

2. darky000

darky000 Well-Known Member

The humor was one of the features I love about this game. The panic dance of the security guard is epic. :D

3. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

I was once thinking of watching the guard and learning the panic dance.

4. Adraina

Adraina Member

This. I absolutely hated that. After this part though, the rest was almost easy by comparison.

5. Saiko

Saiko Well-Known Member

Figuring it out was great, I've got plenty of satisfaction from puzzles, only one I totally couldn't beat was
    one in park with pamphlet boy getting killed by Mino and I needed help with last move in next chapter when I had to rescue Cabanella from getting shot by Yomiel.

Great game, plot as good as in 999 and that really is a nice thing to say :)

6. that3d-trapezoid

that3d-trapezoid Well-Known Member

You're kidding me. Ghost Trick is great and all...
    I'd have to say that anything that even comes close to 999's compel is considered good, which is only what Ghost Trick is.
    Close, but 999 is still far superior. Gamers like me who loves to 'think' (or whatever) would like both games, nonetheless.

7. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

999 is better :p

I hated the end

wtf, a cat?!? 0_o'

8. Saiko

Saiko Well-Known Member

Athemoe you're right with this wtf, I mean, in the end I was like "what, I've played this for X hours to find out that I'm some stupid cat?!" but the game is great even with this kity thing ;D

9. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

true
    I love the plottwists.
    but the story of 999 is much better

10. Singularity_UK

Singularity_UK Well-Known Member

I never really got into 999. Maybe I just dislike the fact that it apparently has six endings, and that you have to playthrough multiple times to get a good one. I really can't be bothered. Besides, the story is just SAW, really. Nothing special. Ghost Trick is much, much better. My third favourite game on the DS, I'd say.

11. that3d-trapezoid

You're missing out on a written masterpiece.
    And that's saying a lot, since my satisfaction threshold is very thin.

You're still entitled to your opinion, though.
    If you can get past the fact that you have to play through it several times (twice to get the best one at most), then I think you'd be satisfied as well.

12. iceclimber1

iceclimber1 New Member

It's okay... I beat it in less than a day. Most of the stuff were so predictable on what to do. The story line wasn't the best. I thought it would have been something magical, but it wasn't.

13. RandomRedMage

RandomRedMage Well-Known Member

I beat it in a handful of hours. It was fun, and the story was nice. :D yay for being a cat! :3

14. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Well-Known Member

Bah I give up... finally going to ask...

How do you solve the Park Area.. I've been stuck on that one since last month. The one with Missile alongside you...

15. that3d-trapezoid

First off, make sure the basketball is on the seesaw, the wheel farthest on the left, and the baseball inside the globe thingy.
    You'll need to slow down the running man by making the globe thingy spin faster while he's hanging onto it.
    Next, drop the umbrella onto the branch. The basketball will hop onto the umbrella.
    Swap the basketball and the tire, and the rest should be obvious.