1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Gba on DS

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Ramenberga, Nov 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Prehaps-but I thought this had it's own built in stuff seeing as it's a media app.

Or maybe it's like my old gba movie player-uses CF cards...

[me=hYpNoS]shudders at old technology[/me]

2. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

I think what you mean is that the extra hardware that allows for GBA emulation is built-in, not the memory to store media and such on.

3. Quake90

Quake90 Well-Known Member

Someone should sticky this somewhere...

because we're getting this argument over and over again and it's always the same,
    you need an extra expantion pack blablabla

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

the iplayer's gba emulator is not built into it....you must download it......but that's easy!!

the new supercard dstwo was announced on gbatemp and it has a built in gba AND snes emulator WITH support for nds too!! unlike the iplayer! ;)

i may just pick this up and try it out.......

it works with ds phat/dsl/dsi!!

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=192112

5. iwantndsroms

iwantndsroms Well-Known Member

i have got ds lite with a r4 sdhc using a 8gb sandisk micro sd and the gba roms load straight onto it and play fine,and before that i just had an r4 with a 2gb micro sd and gba roms works on that just fine too.

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

are you using a gba flash cart as well?

7. jpm83160

jpm83160 Well-Known Member

:)They make 32gb micro sdhc card,(sandisk recommened) thats the biggest size it will support.
    (the iplayer that is)...lots of space on 32 gb,i put like 7 movies and ,like 15-20 gba games and still have room....sweet.....god bless :)

8. iwantndsroms

iwantndsroms Well-Known Member

no im just using the r4isdhc card with 8gb msd as i said before that i used to play gba roms on a standard r4 with 2gb msd i just download them and unzip the roms to the msd they always play fine and they unzip very fast too!

9. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

You are lying. Unless you have a Slot 2 card as well. You cannot play GBA games on just the R4i or R4.

10. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

that's what i thought as well........

only the supercard two and the iplayer will/have the capability to run gba games straight from the ds flash cart without assistance........so far!!

11. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

The above poster is obviously either lying or confused and actually had a slot 2 cart to play them. It is NOT possible to play it through slot 1 one a normal DS and only possible on a DSi with a flash cart with extra RAM such as iPlayer.

12. nemesis11

nemesis11 Well-Known Member

freddy mercury is lying lol

13. Mellstrom

Mellstrom New Member

I suspect this is a stupid question but I was looking at the EZFlash 3 in 1 at it seems good, but how do I connect it to my PC in order to get the games onto it and where can I get the firmware/emulator in order to run the games?

14. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

EZFlash 3 in 1 doesn't have firmware. It is designed to integrate with a Slot 1 Card and the DS. You use Homebrew or built in Loaders on the SLot 1 cards firmware to load games onto the EZFLash directly without using your PC.

It basically lets you play GBA games on your DS from the Slot 1 (but really loads it to the Slot 2 first).

15. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...not stupid-your just new.

The ezy 3 in one is a gba cart that fits into the slot 2...

It needs to link with a slot one card (like acekard, r4, edge, dstt, etc) and has to hold the gba games.

EMulators for the gba can't be done-using the ezy 3 in 1 is just a kinda boot device-it sends the gba rom from the slot 1 card to the slot 2 and runs that way.

Once a gba rom is loaded it can even be used on it's own in a gba-of course everytime you load a different gba game you would have to wait as the ezy 3 in one only hold one gba game at a time-if still linked it can be swapped when ever-if not linked it just has the one game.
    Post Merge: [time]1259241630[/time]
    I heard about this-they are still making it.

Appranrtly it has extra ram built into it with a built in gba snes emulator...but

1.It's not finished
    2.It might be BS someone made up.

16. Mellstrom

Mellstrom New Member

So do all the slot 2 cartridges work the same way as EZFlash 3 in 1 (By storing the data on the slot 1 card and booting from there) or can you also store the actual data on slot 2? Also where is the most reliable place to buy one? Thanks alot for the help guys.

17. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Depends.

The original flash carts of the gba era actually stored the data on the cart it's self and could fit (depending on the built in save size) maybe several MB of games.

The only one left (to buy new) is the ezy 3 in 1 which links to slot 1 cards.

Deals xtreme is a good and cheap place, but it can take awhile, if your in australia I suggst walking in or ordering from

www.acegamingstore.com

I hate buying everything online.

18. Mellstrom

Mellstrom New Member

I'm from the UK, thanks alot for all the info. I asked about the storing of data on the slot 2 cartridge mainly out of concern for space, i've a few DS games on my Cyclods now, but should be okay I suppose.

Anyway thanks alot for all the info, like you said im new and as is no doubt obvious I know very little.

19. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

We all start somewhere :)

The slot one holds the roms, and just sends the data, one game at a time, to the slot 2.

It will swap when you choose a different gba game.

So space isn't so much an issue, it's space in the slot one to worry about :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.