1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Gay Rights And Some Related Literature

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tarotmaniac, Oct 24, 2010.

1. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

Did I, or did I not say that the research was unconclusive?

I think you'll find that's not what tehuber wrote. If you actually read what he said instead of trying to score points, you'll see that he was referring to gays in the individual sense and not gays as in the collective.

2. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

Yes, you said it was. And? I was just saying that people cannot choose what their body reacts to. Thus, being gay is not a choice.

What tehuber wrote...; That won't happen either, funny enough. Since there is no gay gene, the inability of gays to normally have children will not change anything. Straight parents mean nothing when it comes to their child being straight or gay. The genes have no effect, as you said yourself. So the parents' sexual preference won't really change the child's.
    Tehuber specifically wrote that the natural selection process will "dispose" of gays. That is false, as I said, in both ways. Individually and collectively.

I'm not attempting to score points. If I wanted approval, I would pretend to side with the majority in this topic.

3. trimbletown

trimbletown Well-Known Member

Assuming I am "the other guy", yes, that is what tolerance is about. You don't have to like it, just accept it.

4. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

I have no intention of accepting it,based on my religious beliefs.

5. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Try learning biology before you mouth off, son.

Assuming homosexuality is genetic (as you say, scientists are unsure), homosexual activities do not allow the possibility of procreation and therefore there is no child to inherit the so-called "gay gene".

EDIT: inb4'd by nex.

As nex said, I was not referring to gays collectively, but I can easily construct an argument for this if you wish.

Still assuming homosexuality is genetic, it must logically be a recessive gene (or the result of a combination of genes), otherwise the majority of the human race would be gay and that clearly is counter-productive to the perpetuation of the species. This means that manifestation of homosexuality must result from a statistically unlikely pair of "carrier" parents, or perhaps gays who procreate heterosexually with a carrier partner (this in itself is also statistically unlikely).

Obviously, a large enough sample size will result in the fruition of these events, but what's important here is the proportion of these to the norm. As you say, acceptance of homosexuality has increased, but this does not mean there is a higher ratio of gays to straights than there used to be. It merely means that a higher proportion of the existing gay population is willing to express their sexuality openly, and this is the true cause of the statistical fluctuation you cite. They remain outliers.

Now, perhaps you'll care to explain why you think I'm wrong before you pull facts out of your ass.

EDIT: But wait, there's more!
    Hey, guess what? The body is controlled by the mind. Guess who controls the mind.

Stop contradicting yourself. Does the gay gene exist or not? You can't have it both ways. It's simply pathetic to vacillate just because an opposing claim suits your argument better than your own claim.

Last time I checked, the majority here does support gay rights. In case all those threads on religion, capital punishment and such didn't tip you off, this place is so left-wing it isn't even funny. It just comes off as self-righteousness now.

You are a far bigger moron than I expected. Tolerance does not mean forcing others to accept your beliefs, it means accepting what they believe.

6. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

I hope this post doesn't get lost in all the RAGE. Anyway, here's some literature:

Same Sex, Different Politics: Success and Failure in the Struggles over Gay Rights
    http://rapidshare.com/#!download|252|245893376|0226544095.rar|1106

Irreconcilable Differences?: Intellectual Stalemate in the Gay Rights Debate
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=83G4W9LH

Political Institutions and Lesbian and Gay Rights in the United States and Canada
    http://depositfiles.com/en/files/r83r4qatf

Gay Rights and Moral Panic: The Origins of America's Debate on Homosexuality
    http://www.filesonic.com/file/16972939/47-1403980691+.zip

Gay and Lesbian Rights: A Guide for GLBT Singles, Couples and Families
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QZ2NUJKS

Making Gay History: The Half Century Fight for Lesbian and Gay Equal Rights
    http://uploading.com/files/4DC1BI8L/MaGaHis.rar.html

None of these links are checked for accuracy. I'm not really interested in the subject myself.
    Good luck on your paper.

7. darkrequiem

I never said there was a gay gene, I said homsexuality was not a choice.

Actually, as tolerance rises, the number of would-be gays rise as well. There are countless people who live a straight relationship because of fear of intolerance. As tolerance rises, those would-be people actually practice gay relationships.

We do not control our minds either. We use a rather small fraction of it.

As I said, I never said a gay gene exists. I said we cannot control our sexual preference, or our body. The body is controlled by the mind, but we do not control our minds.

I wasn't referring to this forum specifically, I was referring to real life.

It seems that you failed to read my posts carefully.

8. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

would you guys just fuck off to the spam thread or something?

One of the few helpful posts in this thread

9. trimbletown

trimbletown Well-Known Member

Is that what he's doing, you pompous ass-tard?
    And with that, I leave this fruitless ignorance-fest. Any further attacks will fall on deaf ears.

10. someirishkid

It's like you guys want this to be locked

11. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

he wanted our opinion, we're giving it. if you have nothing of value to add to the subject please leave the thread.

12. theunderling

Well it is the school holidays aint it.

13. tehuber1337

Thank you for repeating what I said without understanding what I was saying. You'll go far in life.

Speak for yourself.

See above. First you say scientists are unsure and a gay gene could exist, then you say there is no gay gene. This, pal, is called vacillating and it's pathetic.

So? As you said, tolerance is increasing. Everyone I know accepts homosexuality, even if they don't condone it.

Again, speak for yourself. I'm a thorough guy and read your posts to the letter, regardless of how mind-numbingly retarded they are.

As a matter of fact it is, you hypocritical dumbass. LookintheMirror has only ever stated his belief that homosexuality is disgusting. Never has he claimed that homosexuals themselves are disgusting, or anything of the like.

By the way, how freaking childish must you be to use the excuse "he's doing it, so I can too"? Grow up.

Smartest thing you've ever said.

14. darkrequiem

Large quotes are annoying, I'll just respond with each "point" at a time.

- You fail to understand half of what I said, and you only pick certain words to respond to, naturally.
    - I meant that humans do not use their brain to it's actual capabilities, at all. Nor can we control it.
    - I said a gay gene may exist, because it may. For this argument however, I was assuming it does not exist, since LookintheMirror does not think it does.
    - As I said....Since tolerance is increasing, the number of gays will. People who are hardwired to be gay may not have gay relationships due to intolerance. As tolerance increases, more people will now come out.
    - Your insults only prove your immaturity.

15. theunderling

Hi tehuber,what has pissed me off about that 2 x clowns is them replying to what they want to see and not what people like me,yourself and Nex has posted.Also ducking stuff when its been put to them,and making stuff up.

They need to show a bit of Karma(Chameleon) LOL

16. darkrequiem

Dear god, the irony.
    I have to ask again. Are you joking? It's hard to tell.....
    Are you trolling right now?

17. tehuber1337

- If I've misunderstood you, then by all means, correct me.
    - http://www.snopes.com/science/stats/10percent.asp
    - If we cannot control our brain, then please explain who can.
    - I dunno, saying "since there is no gay gene" doesn't sound like a mere assumption to me.
    - This is sincere advice: basing an argument off an assumption in a debate is not a good idea.
    - LookintheMirror never claimed there was no gay gene.
    - That's an unfounded implication. As I said, tolerance of homosexuality influences the willingness of gays to come out of the closet. To claim that it influences sexuality itself is non sequitur and requires evidence rather than just your word on it.
    - Drill sergeants and I merely use insults to get someone's ass in gear, so they can understand what they're doing wrong.

18. p4tman

p4tman Guest

IMO I think homosexuality is wrong and should not exist, for both female and male.
    And as my dad explained to me while I was young, if god (Implying god existed) wanted there to be a gay community it would have created Adam and Steve not Adam and Eve. ( Just pitching my opinions.)

19. someirishkid

adam and steve lol

20. darkrequiem

- I'm not going to repost everything in an easy way....
    - We still do not control our body. Can you stop yourself from becoming tired, with just your mind?
    - For the sake of the argument, there is no gene, since this is supposedly based on facts.
    - LITM essentially said that homosexuality is chosen/controllable.
    - By more tolerance of gays, more will come out. The percentage of gays (I meant in surveys, etc) will rise.
    - It doesn't work when you are wrong.....
    If god exists, then it created gay people. If god wanted them gone, he would have eradicated them (god's done so many times to other thing it dislikes)