1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Gamefaqs.com

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ChevyNovaSS, Feb 11, 2010.

1. MitsukaiXxX

MitsukaiXxX Well-Known Member

Will1008 you got pwnd XD?!

2. seanyuk

seanyuk Well-Known Member

romulation is one of the best places to go to when you need help with something.
    But gamefaqs is much better for finding FAQS and cheats though. Not glitches. But yea, this place does have a good community and Seph isn't much of a dick face. There's a topic somewhere on this site talking about what he really looks like. xD

3. lampslammer

lampslammer Well-Known Member

people can be chodes there, but I got to respect the fact I could look up anything from any game any time. It's actually the only other gamesite I go to besides here. I'm sick of IGN and bad their bad information. Release dates are wrong often. Their rating critics aren't the best either. .....and yes romulation is better.

4. kira423

kira423 Member

ign is meh i prefer 1up.com

5. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Ah, the archive, older topics on gamefaqs use to purge at a certain time, now they just archive the topic.

People 13 and under can post, you just have to lie and say you're older, or never say your age on gamefaqs ever. It's basically because they can't legally collect information from anyone under 13 online, or something like that.

I've been banned a few times on gamefaqs, although i love the site.

6. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

I think gamefaqs is better for faqs and such, romulation only really kicks their ass in the roms department.

7. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

Wait? gamefaqs, 1up, or IGN? I use IGN, but which site is actually the better one? or should someone actually make a brand new topic on which site is better? Yes I know romulation kicks all there asses, but I'm asking IGN vs gamefaqs vs 1up?

8. Reider

Reider Modereider

I'd hope we kick their ass in regards to ROMs since they don't host any...

GameFAQs is excellent for the walkthroughs and the trophy/achievement lists as well as getting info on games. I don't use the other ones so I can't really make a fair judgment but my understanding is that IGN is less than stellar on things likes release dates and other stuff.

9. crimson089

crimson089 Well-Known Member

yeah, i guess that's what they're made of...