1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Game Download Restricted

Discussion in 'Site Support' started by BossBro, Dec 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saher1175

saher1175 Guest

Another thing, What about ripoff Consoles? Like the PolyStation , the Chintendo WiWi and the PCP Station? (Yes , it's called that) and many more? I can't provide a link but just Google "console ripoffs" (without quotes).
    Are they considered legal? Because apparently they're completely ignored by the law.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

legally grey area I think, I would say the products themselves are legal, the naming may not be because its trying to pass itself off as a trademarked product. I would imagine if they were called ConsoleSystem Deluxe or something they'd be totally legal. Regardless they originate in china so its almost impossible to stop them.

3. saher1175

saher1175 Guest

Why do ripoffs give themselves trademarks and copyright protection? And then blame the original for ripping off the ripoff?

4. Loonylion

Same reason that Apple does it, and Microsoft have done it more than once too.

You can't legally give yourself a trademark, however the chinese government are complicit it a lot of the knockoff stuff coming from china.

5. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

6. saher1175

saher1175 Guest

Which is... ?

7. Loonylion

so they have legal protection for their stolen merchandise and can sue people. Apple does it all the time and wins most of the cases because they have far more money than their opponent, and money is the deciding factor in the US court system.

8. Businesscat23

Businesscat23 New Member

Hi, just wanted to ask, recently dug up my old DS and stuff and was looking to download all the classics. A list of games that I want to get are:

Phoenix Wright
    All the Pokemon games
    New Super Mario Brothers
    N+
    The World Ends With You
    Radiant Historia
    Professor Layton
    Advanced War
    Dragon Quest
    Magical Starsign

Which of these are taken down? Thanks :)

9. pra007

pra007 New Member

Almost all ROMs are restricted!

10. ___0977

___0977 New Member

People, what does this mean? These games can not be downloaded at all or it is possible?

11. Loonylion

it means we were ordered to remove them

12. saher1175

saher1175 Guest

Those, I think ...?

13. saher1175

saher1175 Guest

14. JacaRoe

JacaRoe New Member

If that's the case, then why is they still shown on this site? For instance:

[​IMG]

If none of these games are truly available for download, get rid of the links. Listing them like this does nobody any good, other than to incite posts like this OP, and mistakenly cause people to think we might have a chance to download files that no longer exist.

15. Loonylion

If we removed them we'd be inundated with complaints that game x isn't listed, we tried that before.

16. APelican

APelican New Member

I know I am just some random guy but try [removed] if you can't find your roms on here. They don't have all systems or any emulators but they have roms. I suggest you find download your emulators off the actual sites for the emulator. Exm: Citra.com for Citra.
    Ps: I suggest you have a anti virus software such as Norton as complete roms is safe now but that may change, at this moment Norton says its ok! ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2017
  17. Loonylion

naming or asking for other romsites is against the rules.

PS: from a long term IT professional, I suggest you avoid Norton antivirus; it's crap. So is McAfee.

18. Sahel123

Sahel123 Guest

Loonylion is right about Norton and McAfee. Also, stay away from Avast. NOD32 is fine, though. Especially if you like gaming.

19. saher1175

saher1175 Guest

Why?????
    Aren't those considered the best Antiviruses there are?

20. Sahel123

Sahel123 Guest

No. Especially not for gaming. They'll consume most of your computer's resources. Select ESET NOD32 for computer security. It's a light-weight yet powerful anti-malware and anti-spyware software.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.