1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Game Download Restricted

Discussion in 'Site Support' started by BossBro, Dec 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BossBro

BossBro New Member

i haven't downloaded any roms for weeks and I have over 32000 points. I try to download a rom of any size from 10mb to 7gb and it says game download restricted. I haven't done anything wrong and I am not a premium member. can someone please tell me whats going wrong

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

we were ordered to remove the game by the copyright holder, it is no longer available for download.

CandraSoftware likes this.
  3. saher1175

saher1175 Guest

Well then what is the solution or alternative?

There are hardly any ROM sites anymore.
    And my wii does not read CDs so roms are the only way.

Pls help.

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Try posting a request ROM/Game title on the "Share" section of the forums and you might get lucky and someone might send you a link to an offsite file sharing site that has the game uploaded for download ;)

5. saher1175

saher1175 Guest

Thanks dude, but problem is people are becoming aware of emulation(like its some sort of crime or something ) and lots of (nearly all) ROM sites are being taken down rapidly. CR too has already been almost wiped clean. (All thats left of it are Sega, Sony, (and some obscure consoles I've never heard of.(why not those?)) ) So I'm worried that i might be too late. P.S I'm gonna try that request thing anyway.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2016
  6. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Emulation ISN'T a crime... hosting ROMs/ISOs however is.

7. saher1175

saher1175 Guest

May i request to be explained to why?

8. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

9. saher1175

saher1175 Guest

Oh.
    Copyright covers distribution.

10. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

11. saher1175

saher1175 Guest

Neon32 likes this.
  12. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

LOL
    No i dont think so :p

13. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

If you can find some asset on their site which they don't own the copyright to and convince the actual copyright holder to issue a DMCA notice then yes. Realistically? No, not really.

14. BossBro

BossBro New Member

So have all downloads been restricted from the website now and from all the others? that's so weird, I'm so lucky that I decided to download most of my games when I did like it was just before this supposed DMCA claim blitz

15. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Not all games are restricted, only ones that we have received takedown notices for.

16. saher1175

saher1175 Guest

So what happens if all games get restricted?

17. Cahos Rahne Veloza

If and when that happens, the site Admins (loony and seph) will have to comply and remove 'em all from the site.

But there is somewhat a way around this.... you could ask for any game that were removed from RomU on the "ROM Request" section on the forum and if you're lucky another member *might* have links to it on file hosting sites like on Mega :)

18. wassimfaiz

wassimfaiz New Member

Aww man why this is happening ? I was hoping if i could save hitman blood money least im happy that i have saved some games

19. NintyRaccoon

NintyRaccoon Passive member since March 13, 2017

Because the copyright holders of those games don't want their games to be spread around for free (illegally). While copyright holders in general might have let the emulation sites be in the past, this clearly isn't the case anymore.

So yeah, download as much as you can when there's still time. I won't do that as I don't have the time. But you might have.

20. saher1175

saher1175 Guest

What if we all just download as much ROMs as we can before they all get removed. Then upload em' on a tor site or a hidden deepweb site or whatever that no one can find. This is probably gonna hit a whole new level of illegal.
    Has anyone else thought of that before?
    Or is it just a repetitive dumb idea?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.