1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Game Cube Tips anyone?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ZeroSlayer01, Feb 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KevInChester

KevInChester Well-Known Member

Evolution will work incredibly slow on the GC emulator with the spec you are using, to increase the speed you could install a 64bit version of windows, as that'll give you a significant speed-boost.

Graphics wise, still need to know what you are using.... if it supports Pixel Shader 2.0+, that'll help.

2. ZeroSlayer01

ZeroSlayer01 Well-Known Member

I need 729 points now. If it's really possible, and you really don't mind, I'll take them. I might feel kind of bad though if it turns out that the game really doesn't work.

I'm also new to this site, so I don't know how to return favors on this site like I can on some other sites ^^;. I'll take them though, and be really grateful for them ^^. Thank you so much! If not, that's okay too ^^.

KevinChester: Thanks for the information. Unfortunately, I don't know much about this Pixel Shader stuff either or where to find out of I've got one >>;.

3. kenshin1

kenshin1 Member

0winceos.bin and 1st_read.bin are the boot files for DC games, not bios files. 0winceos images use Win CeOS, a sorta hacked version of win9x, the current DC emu's won't run these and they cannot be converted to 1st_read.bin types. As for the .cue/.bin, if it's a DC title, you may not want it, this is the first clue to the fact that it is not a self-boot version, which requires a boot-disc to use on an emu or the real console.

The prefered image types are .cdi, .ccd/.img/.sub or .nrg, these images types support multi-session discs. For a cube title, most are .cue/.bin, if you really want to try these let me know and I'll set you up a d/l on one of my servers, I have about 4000 DC titles and am sure it's in my collection, I also have the cube version, this way you won't have to waste any points, however, as stated by others, your pc sounds a bit lackin to run either very well, but you'll find out for sure if you can run either/both.

4. ZeroSlayer01

ZeroSlayer01 Well-Known Member

I really want to play Evolution, but I'm also itching to play the fire emblem game. I don't mind if they don't run well. I just want to play them. So long as they're not so slow that it takes an hour to finish a five minute battle, I won't mind XD.

I think I'll save up points on my own to get them or try downloading them other ways, so if you can offer a game, that would be nice.

I would appreciate the files, if the gamecube isn't a self boot, so that I don't have to go looking for them just to find a series of files that don't work at all and end up giving up, so if you can hook me up, I"d appreciate it, thank you! I might need help setting them up though :(.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.