1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Future Jobs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MangaRx, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Irarina

Irarina Member

Orthopedic!
    I want to save people!

2. EmmaGebz

EmmaGebz Well-Known Member

I want to be an architect :)

3. crimson089

crimson089 Well-Known Member

hey that's great!!

4. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

I'd like to be a reporter. I'm quite skilled at writing stuff, and I like travelling :p

5. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Isn't a video game creator every kid's dream job? Most of them end up working in McDonalds or something, though. :-\

6. snebbers

snebbers Well-Known Member

Thankies ^_^
    [me=Snebbers]Huggs Crimson[/me] >_>

Yeah I've seen that happen alot and kudos for making me laugh too.

7. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

Im probabbly gonna be an electrical engineer....

8. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

me too

9. crimson089

crimson089 Well-Known Member

keep that up, that's a really nice job i guess... considering that you're uh... an atheist?
    if i were a boy, i would actually take that job too

10. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

I wanted to be that when I was 16 too :p
    But I'll be satisfied even if I work in a game shop :p

11. snebbers

Do you not agree with my lack of religious views?
    I'm rather curious. :)

12. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

a Father? ;D

13. ShoeShoe

ShoeShoe Member

I'll be starting my second semester of college soon. I'm looking to get a degree in Computer Software Engineering and see where that takes me.

Currently I'm working at an unpopular movie theater.

14. snebbers

Lol ;D

It's money isn't it?

15. Aiiko

Aiiko Well-Known Member

I'm 19, just started my A Levels due to a couple of setbacks involving my GCSEs, lost coursework and the ideology that it's always the students who are wrong.

Ideally I'd like to get into the film or video game industry. Mainly film though. I'm a fairly good writer and creative too so script/scenario writing or reviewing would fine for me, and then there is the 'becoming a director' dream. Unlikely to happen but you never know.

I'm going to get careers and university advice soon, it'll be the first time I've gotten any advice regarding these. Advisors usually take one look and you can here them thinking "Look at you, you're not going anywhere", but I have faith in this college. I'm not destined to be a dole bum and I refuse to be a nothing >_< (Why did I just imagine an anime-style kid saying that?)

Current ambition: get a part time job in a game shop, cinema, rental place or Forbidden Planet. Sadly I have no referees to back up my character, there's only so much grades can say. I need to go beg my tutors for back up >.>

16. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I had the lost coursework shit happen too, but thankfully it didnt hurt too badly. My only advice is DON'T study media studies, I did and have regretted it ever since. Careers advice is mostly useless in my experience, and don't rely on UCAS for anything.

17. snebbers

Ucas is painful. It's not descriptive at all and the secure connection is far too slow.

18. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I'm talking more about them not doing their job. I got all my offers direct from the universities before ucas informed me of them, indeed, by the time I came to chosing which to go to, ucas still hadn't informed me of some of my offers. It didn't matter because the university had informed me directly. Much worse happened to my friend however. He received conditional offers from his first and second choice universities, but failed to make the grade offered by his first choice, so he accepted the second choice. He went there and it was awful, he didnt get the disability support he needed, and he fell further and further behind, eventually begging me to ask if he could transfer to my university (which had been his first choice). I made enquiries and he was contacted by the department from my university, only to find out that his first choice university (where I was) had changed their original offer to unconditional, and UCAS had failed to inform him of that, meaning he could have attended his first choice from the word go. He had accepted his second choice in the mistaken belief that he had not made the grade for his first choice. He had not made the grade for their original offer, but was oblivious to the fact that the offer had changed to unconditional, because UCAS failed to do their job. Long story short, he is now at his first choice university and doing well, but he lost a couple of years because of that.

19. Aiiko

Aiiko Well-Known Member

Ouch! Poor guy :( At least he's at a better university, but UCAS made a costly mistake in many ways.

20. frebels

frebels Well-Known Member

I wanna be a lawyer just like phoenix just a bit cooler.