1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by KiraSTRiKE, Oct 6, 2009.

1. KiraSTRiKE

KiraSTRiKE Well-Known Member

@nhi_po: what episode did you get upto?

2. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

I've finished the old FMA anime plus the movie. Can someone tell me the difference between that and the brotherhood?

3. JTakashiNe

JTakashiNe Well-Known Member

I've never watch the old anime before so I can't tell, but Brotherhood stories follow the manga more closely. The beginning is pretty much the same so it might be boring. You have to watch starting around 14th episode I think.

4. hahahahaha

hahahahaha Well-Known Member

I'm watching ep 26 right now. Been watching it nearly every week. Much better than the old one.

5. HottSushiz

HottSushiz Well-Known Member

How different is it to the FMA? I might start watching it, but i heard it's really slow? or boring at the start? If so what Episode should i start at.

I've nearly finished the original FMA, and Brotherhood looks pretty awesome. And the the theme song in on my iPod. xD

6. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

It's a lot different. In FMA they had so many fillers they decided to go with a different storyline entirely. FMA:B is a lot more focused on the world around them like Xing, and Ling and Scar and them are a lot more prominent. Also Mustang might as well be a main character along with Ed and Al. The starting is identical but near episode 10 it vears off the path.

FMA:B is a lot better, FMA had too many characters (like Xing) who disappeared and never came back, and there's a lot of sulking in FMA. Compared to FMA:B there's also a lot of character development and a lot of moving forward type stuff.

7. kamuikurou

Oh wow. This definetely go to my must watch list. :D Does the ending different than the old FMA?

8. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Who knows, maybe it follow the manga's ending, but the manga still haven't finished yet.

9. kamuikurou

So that how it is... I thought the old FMA ending is the same. I quite like the ending movie of the old series, but this brotherhood shouldn't go that way.

10. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I imagine for the ending of FMA:B to be extremely different than FMA, for good reason. They left too much stuff open in FMA. Both FMA:B and the manga (apparently) isn't done yet, but it's safe to say that the ending will be different and won't be anything like FMA and the real world stuff. FMA:B follows the manga to a tee, although the starting is rushed up to Hughes' death, it's for good reason.

11. KiraSTRiKE

KiraSTRiKE Well-Known Member

Yeah for sure, I can't wait to see how this series progress' further.
    Though I haven't read the manga, I probably once I have some extra cash.

12. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

You should try it, frankly I like the manga better.
    The Brotherhood is cool, but it's a little too serious than the manga.

13. krammarkio

krammarkio New Member

;D The first anime adaptation was my favourite anime at the time, but I really like how this one sticks closer to the manga's plot. I've been watching the episodes on Funimation's youtube channel, and I gotta say, it's really high quality animation nowadays!

The only thing that bugged me was that the art style felt a bit forced for this new season... does anyone know what I'm talking about?

14. riksa90

riksa90 Well-Known Member

Well, I kinda understand what your coming at. But I always thought, that the first anime adaption differed in style a bit from the manga. As in Brotherhood stays more true to Arakawa's art style.

And animation technique has improved a great bit. I mean, it's already half a decade from the first anime. It would be just pathetic, if the new adaption looked exactly the same as the old one.

15. pk95

pk95 Well-Known Member

KiraSTRiKE, there's a website called www.onemanga.com that allows you to read manga online. They're up to FMA manga episode 100. Can anyone tell me if that's new?

16. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

It's the newest chapter, if you want to read some manga I suggest you visit there.

17. hethann

hethann Well-Known Member

i have never watched FMA but full metal alchemist brotherhood is just simply the best among all the animes that i have watched....the current episode is about Father if i am not mistaken