1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Fossil Fighters

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by chimchar916, Aug 13, 2009.

1. The13Th

The13Th Well-Known Member

Going to try it out sooner or later...
    hope its good

2. forte_amirul

forte_amirul Well-Known Member

I got more than 100.This applied if you have a red-colored fossil.:D

So far my records are 99 up.

3. kukuru

kukuru Well-Known Member

ugh...

looks like you play non-stop forte...

to get that far...

4. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

Is this game any good?
    Thinking about downloading it, but meh...

5. forte_amirul

Heck yeah,it's kinda addicted in the part where you clean the fossil.I tried to get a smashing score perfect and I'm hunting a red fossil to make my vivosaur stronger.

6. steirina

steirina Active Member

For some strange reason, this is actually fun, though rather easy. Digging up the fossils and completing the skeletons is inexplicably addicting. But I probably wouldn't have picked up this title if we weren't having such a dry release season, though.

Does anyone know if there are any fossils that you can buy only in the Fossil Guild? I haven't bought a single fossil from the place and I'm already on Chapter Four. I was concentrating on getting the sonar and upgrades in the earlier chapters. >>;

7. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

Do you get upgrades for the cleaning tools? I always damage the fossils by accident, no matter how careful I'm cleaning it. So far my best is 97. >_<

Please give me some tips with the cleaning. >_< Or it's just something you'll eventually learn?

8. forte_amirul

Okay,you should know that by using hammer should make cleaning easier right?Break the two layer with hammer and usually use driller at the 3rd layer.However,I usually use a risk action.Like this,I used hammer on certain part of fossil e.g. use the hammer on part where the fossil is little by present i.e. at the end,in the eyes,and a little in the middle.Hope this help as I do it often to get points more than 98 up.

9. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

Okay. Thanks for the tip. Still, I keep damaging the fossil using the driller. >_< It needs a tiny bit of luck to get the fossil cleaned unscathed.

10. rush n kaos

rush n kaos Well-Known Member

i've only gotten a 100% on a single piece, and that was one of those where the rock was extremely soft. as in one hammer strike goes through every layer. so i just drilled the whole way xD

the Super Drill upgrade helps quite a bit in going through the smaller chunks of rock that you don't wanna hammer through. well there really isn't anything worthwhile upgrading cause by then i already have most of the useful stuff upgraded (scanner, inventory space, etc)

11. kukuru

kukuru Well-Known Member

oh...
    that is the jewel fossil...

me and all others in this thread always got 100 for it...:p

12. forte_amirul

Heck yeah,the easiest rock was Jewel rock.

13. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

so is this game just like digging at sinnoh underground?

14. kukuru

kukuru Well-Known Member

yeah...

kinda...
    but i would say that it more like spectrobes...

15. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

hmm sound intresting.... maybe i'll give it a try..... when i'm not so busy with pokemon.

16. Zeb

Zeb Well-Known Member

Why are red fossils so frustrating! The rock is harder than normal rock and the fossil is more fragile.

Absolutely ridiculous. I'm growing tired of this game now.

17. chukapi

chukapi Guest

You should upgrade your tools in cleaning at the guild.. It's about 25k i think.. and making money is quite easy..

18. Zeb

Zeb Well-Known Member

Yeah, the total to upgrade both is around 50-70k i think, but I just finished the mining story before you get your next license test (4 I think?) and it takes too long running back and forth with fossils and jewel rocks to accumulate that much money.

How long is the actual story? The only thing that keeps me playing is finding new fossils.

19. rush n kaos

rush n kaos Well-Known Member

not the jewel fossils, those rocks are like standard toughness. it was some fossil rock so soft where one hammer goes through and completely breaks anything underneath. i think it was a water-element fossil but i can't remember the details

as to how long is the actual story? dunno. i know there's a chapter 5 so far... it's what i'm on

20. xandercatalinac

xandercatalinac Active Member

I think it was a Plesio part arms i think