1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Fossil Fighters

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by chimchar916, Aug 13, 2009.

1. kukuru

kukuru Well-Known Member

does the hp and the number of dino in battle improve?

2. xandercatalinac

xandercatalinac Active Member

yes by quite a bit

3. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

Sounds really interesting.I think I'm going to give this a try.

4. kukuru

kukuru Well-Known Member

woooooooot.....

i have finally reached 90 marks for cleaning...but the others are only at 70% or so...any tips from pros?

5. Zeb

Zeb Well-Known Member

Don't rush. I've managed to get 96-99 on all of my fossils so far. You'll notice while cleaning them that some are more fragile then others. For those don't over-use the hammer. Switch to the drill as soon as you get the third layer of rock revealed.

Also, I've notice that if you clean the dust the drill has a better removal rate and it can be better to work to the sides of the bones (for ribs and things) instead of right on top of them.

Also, jewel fossils are VERY fragile.

6. kukuru

kukuru Well-Known Member

what are the jewel fossil?

now all of my fossil are in the 95-98 range...does 100 possible?

7. Zeb

Zeb Well-Known Member

Yeah, 100 is possible. I got a 100 on the rank up test. You find jewel fossils in the second dig site, and usually have to fight another NPC to keep it. You can sell the jewels.

8. kukuru

kukuru Well-Known Member

wow!

thanks for the information...

9. rush n kaos

rush n kaos Well-Known Member

o.o man you must be good at cleaning. the highest i've gotten was like a 90 on a fairly easy piece. although the gems are overly simple, since it's usually just one small chunk.

if i don't rush i always end up not finishing my cleaning D=

10. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

Downloading it right now along with CORE and I have a feeling it'll be great

11. Zeb

Zeb Well-Known Member

Do you guys play with the sound on? When cleaning you can hear the drill on the bone. Usually if I can hear it I move away from that part. Try to get a feel for how fast you need to move to remove the rock and not hit the bone.

And remember the dust works both ways. If you blow it away then you'll get through the rock quicker, but also the bone. If you leave it then you have a buffer.

For being a 'kids' game, this fossil cleaning is awfully technical. I think it's really a limitation in the number of pixels on the touch screen. You really can't get that accurate without some luck.

12. kukuru

kukuru Well-Known Member

yeah...

you need to be thorough in the cleaning

i NEVER blow up the dust...becuse im playing using no$gba...im too lazy to blow into the mic...

13. rush n kaos

rush n kaos Well-Known Member

i usually blow off the dust although sometimes i don't bother... especially when i have the time

and yes i play with sound, always. i even got an adapter that fits into the charge slot for my earphones cause the original's crapped up

14. Zeb

Zeb Well-Known Member

All this talk about fossil cleaning, and no talk about hot dinosaur action.

Anyone actually like the battle system? I can't make up my mind about it. I haven't lost a fight yet because I spend so much time perfecting my fossils, but I've noticed that the strategy behind each match ramps up significantly after you get your first rank up.

15. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

This looks like another game that has tried to steal Pokemon edge in collecting, batteling and trading. What they don't get is it's more than just those 3 components. These games in the end look way too complicated, which Pokemon isn't.

16. hahahahaha

hahahahaha Well-Known Member

Fantastic game, great graphics, but too easy. The jewels are easy to clean though, i always get 100% for jewels.

17. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

Wow great game! I wasnt even hyped up about it, until a few days ago! Cool

18. ggrroohh

Downloaded it.Battles are easy,but I almost lost a level-up battle (Vs the Feather Dude).
    Cleaning,on the other hand is a nightmare.My average score is around 70.Cleaning was a lot easier in Spectrobes.

19. kukuru

kukuru Well-Known Member

the trick is use hammer until only the last layer remains.(the dark brown layer)

there after, use drill....not very hard...

20. ggrroohh

I dunno,those rocks with holes are quite tough.I always damage them accidently with the hammer.